View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Mock Draft - Super Bowl Edition 
BANNED

Post Mock Draft - Super Bowl Edition
FIRST ROUND
1 Houston RB Reggie Bush USC
2 New Orleans QB Matt Leinart USC
3 Tennessee QB Vince Young Texas
4 NY Jets OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson Virginia
5 Green Bay LB A.J. Hawk Ohio State
6 Oakland DE Mario Williams NC State
7 San Francisco RB DeAngelo Williams Memphis
8 Buffalo DT Haloti Ngata Oregon
9 Detroit CB Jimmy Williams Virginia Tech
10 Arizona S Michael Huff Texas
11 St. Louis TE Vernon Davis Maryland
12 Cleveland LB Chad Greenway Iowa
13 Baltimore OT Winston Justice USC
14 Philadelphia DE Tamba Hali Penn State
15 Atlanta DE Mathias Kiwanuka Boston College
16 Miami QB Jay Cutler Vanderbilt
17 Minnesota OT Marcus McNeil Auburn
18 Dallas S Ko Simpson South Carolina
19 San Diego S Darnell Bing USC
20 Kansas City WR Santonio Holmes Ohio State
21 New England LB DeMeco Ryans Alabama
22 Denver DT Gabe Watson Michigan
23 Tampa Bay OT Eric Winston Miami
24 Cincinnati TE Leonard Pope Georgia
25 NY Giants CB Tye Hill Clemson
26 Chicago TE Marcedes Lewis UCLA
27 Carolina LB Thomas Howard UTEP
28 Jacksonville RB LenDale White USC
29 Denver WR Chad Jackson Florida
30 Indianapolis CB Antonio Cromartie Florida State
31 Seattle WR Derek Hagan Arizona State
32 Pittsburgh RB Laurence Maroney Minnesota
SECOND ROUND
1 Houston OT Jonathan Scott Texas
2 New Orleans DT Brodrick Bunkley Florida State
3 Tennessee LB D'Qwell Jackson Maryland
4 NY Jets QB Omar Jacobs Bowling Green
5 Green Bay DT Orien Harris Miami
6 Oakland OG Max Jean-Gilles Georgia
7 San Francisco WR Sinorice Moss Miami
8 Buffalo DE Manny Lawson NC State
9 Detroit OT Daryn Colledge Boise State
10 Arizona QB Reggie McNeal Texas A&M
11 St. Louis LB Abdul Hodge Iowa
12 Cleveland CB Ashton Youboty Ohio State
13 Baltimore RB Brian Calhoun Wisconsin
14 Philadelphia WR Martin Nance Miami (OH)
15 Atlanta OG Davin Joseph Oklahoma
16 Miami C Greg Eslinger Minnesota
17 Minnesota C Nick Mangold Ohio State
18 Dallas LB Kai Parham Virginia
19 San Diego WR Jason Avant Michigan
20 Kansas City DT Rodrique Wright Texas
21 New England S Greg Blue Georgia
22 Washington WR Mike Hass Oregon State
23 Tampa Bay LB Ernie Sims Florida State
24 Cincinnati DT Claude Wroten LSU
25 NY Giants LB A.J. Nicholson Florida State
26 Chicago OG Taitusi Lutui USC
27 Carolina DT Jesse Mahelona Tennessee
28 Jacksonville TE Anthony Fasano Notre Dame
29 Denver S Dwayne Slay Texas Tech
30 Indianapolis LB Bobby Carpenter Ohio State
31 Seattle S Pat Watkins Florida State
32 Pittsburgh DE Victor Adeyanju Indiana

February 4th, 2006, 9:00 pm
RIP Killer

I like it, except I don't think that either Carpenter (mid-2nd) or Latui (very early 2nd) fall that far. I think Latui will be the 2nd OG off the board. I think Youbouty goes higher as well (not by a lot, but at least 5 picks).

February 4th, 2006, 9:06 pm
BANNED

I like it, except I don't think that either Carpenter (mid-2nd) or Latui (very early 2nd) fall that far. I think Latui will be the 2nd OG off the board. I think Youbouty goes higher as well (not by a lot, but at least 5 picks).

i'm gonna keep Lutui as 3rd, because there are a couple guys that could go ahead of them, plus some teams are concerned about his weight problems.

as for the LB's im going to put Carpenter ahead of both of the FlState guys due to they could easily drop because of character isues, so i'm making that switch.

Youboty deserves to go higher too, but i dont see enough needs in CB positions just happens to be how it all falls through, too bad that the Lions take Jimmy WIlliams in the first, if only we knew that Youboty would've fallen! :)

February 4th, 2006, 9:28 pm
#1 Overall Pick

as for the LB's im going to put Carpenter ahead of both of the FlState guys due to they could easily drop because of character isues, so i'm making that switch.

I say ths every yaer.........but the #1 problem most people have with mock drafts is identifying good "FITS" for the scheme of the team that drafts them.

It is also important to judge the "personality" of the guy who has the final say when the pick is made.

In this case.......I can't see New England taking a "smaller" OLB in Demeco Ryans when they usually want bigger LBs. They have a hole at MLB (Vrabel had to switch to MLB b/c their run defense was a mess), McGinnest is getting old at the "rush" OLB spot, they had issues in the secondary again, and the O-line needs depth.

I expect New England to be VERY HIGH on Bobby Carpenter because he will probably be able to play multiple LB positions in their 3-4..........and I wouldn't be surprised if they draft him in round 1.

If they go CB in round 1..........I'd expect a shorter CB than Cromartie b/c they like quicker DBs more than size. I'm thinking Youboty or Tye Hill could be options also.

February 5th, 2006, 10:23 am
League MVP

i like the mock, they are tough to put together. the picks i wonder about are reggie mcneal and brian calhoun, i thought theyd go later but it makes sense to the teams you have them slated for. i think rodrique wright goes before gabe watson and avant drops to the 3rd round. the lions should pick huff over williams if that situation arises. Also Leonard Pope and Mercedes Lewis should be 2nd rounders they dont have anywhere near ben Troupe's talent who was a 2nd rounder in a weaker draft. carolina will not pass on lendale white and lawrence maroney and something tells me it might be time for the eagles to get a real running back. i think some of the d-lineman and lbs you have listed will go a bit earlier.

February 6th, 2006, 11:10 am
BANNED

Quote:

I say ths every yaer.........but the #1 problem most people have with mock drafts is identifying good "FITS" for the scheme of the team that drafts them.

It is also important to judge the "personality" of the guy who has the final say when the pick is made.

In this case.......I can't see New England taking a "smaller" OLB in Demeco Ryans when they usually want bigger LBs. They have a hole at MLB (Vrabel had to switch to MLB b/c their run defense was a mess), McGinnest is getting old at the "rush" OLB spot, they had issues in the secondary again, and the O-line needs depth.

I expect New England to be VERY HIGH on Bobby Carpenter because he will probably be able to play multiple LB positions in their 3-4..........and I wouldn't be surprised if they draft him in round 1.

If they go CB in round 1..........I'd expect a shorter CB than Cromartie b/c they like quicker DBs more than size. I'm thinking Youboty or Tye Hill could be options also.

indeed good comments, but the "scheme" that the Patriots are known for are making brilliant decisions, and a guy like DeMeco Ryans who some people have in the top 10 overall players slips for whatever reason to the Patriots and they gobble them up. Champions, like the Patriiots, are built by taking advantage of situations like this, and although he may not be the typical size or type of player that would be "textbook" the Patriots will be able to manage using this guy and loving him.

February 6th, 2006, 2:03 pm
BANNED

i like the mock, they are tough to put together. the picks i wonder about are reggie mcneal and brian calhoun, i thought theyd go later but it makes sense to the teams you have them slated for. i think rodrique wright goes before gabe watson and avant drops to the 3rd round. the lions should pick huff over williams if that situation arises. Also Leonard Pope and Mercedes Lewis should be 2nd rounders they dont have anywhere near ben Troupe's talent who was a 2nd rounder in a weaker draft. carolina will not pass on lendale white and lawrence maroney and something tells me it might be time for the eagles to get a real running back. i think some of the d-lineman and lbs you have listed will go a bit earlier.

Calhoun and Reggie McNeal i think are going to be gobbled up by some smart people, these are premium prospects for guys taht arent slated in the first round, i also think Calhoun has an outside chance at the first round, dont be fooled by any rankings that place him as the 5th best RB, this man is a pure football talent. McNeal is the fastest QB in the draft, and he looked good in that ALl Star game, reallllly good.

TEs- they will all go in the first round, too many teams badly need a usable TE.

CAR- dont need a RB that bad, i like the young prospect they have now as a backup to Deshaun Foster, and Stephen Davis is good for at least one more year, RB may be a pick next year but not this year anywhere in the draft.

PHI-Ryan moats is looking really good as a prospect, coupled with CB they shoudl be fine with the RBs they have, they need too many other positions right now to be looking at RBs.

February 6th, 2006, 2:08 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Jay Cutler WILL be a top-ten pick. There are too many teams that need a quarterback. Oakland may take him, or somebody may trade up to get him. The Lions may use him as bait.

February 7th, 2006, 2:37 am
BANNED

Jay Cutler WILL be a top-ten pick. There are too many teams that need a quarterback. Oakland may take him, or somebody may trade up to get him. The Lions may use him as bait.

OAK doesn't need a QB, Collins may be good for one more year, but im inclined to think that Andrew Walter will be a better pro than Cutler.

February 7th, 2006, 11:15 am
National Champion

The Lions should trade down with Miami if they can; I hear that they want Cutler. At #16 the Lions might even get a shot at Tamba Hali! :arrow:

February 7th, 2006, 9:16 pm
findmycourage wrote:

The Lions should trade down with Miami if they can; I hear that they want Cutler. At #16 the Lions might even get a shot at Tamba Hali! :arrow:

Tamba Hali, Winston Justice, or Michael Huff would all be great possibilities at 16 IMO... I think Jimmy Williams is destined to be the first CB off the board due to being more of a true CB... Justice may fall that far, and would be a better value there than at 9... Hali may be passing Kiwi as the #2 DE in the draft... he's certainly there on my draft board... A trade down would be great IMO... A MLB prospect (I'm not sold on any one player, but I think there are 3-4 that could be good) wouldn't be bad here if we miss out on the above players.... Hell... even an OG like Davin Joseph would be nice... take the best OG in the draft mid first round, and solidify our biggest weakness on the OL... that would be nice... but I would prefer landing Metcalf in FA... Screw the Bears in the process... When Garza was in their OL looked terrible...

February 8th, 2006, 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]