View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 7:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Detroit fans too tough on QB's? 
Water Boy

Post Detroit fans too tough on QB's?
Does anyone think besides me that Detroit is a tough place for a QB to play? Yes like me and all other fans we want to win. And most of the blame get put on the QB. ever since i can remember we would boo a qb at the sign of a first mistake. i was just thinking how much myself and every one else i knew hated scott mitchell when he played here. and then i realized he threw for over 4000 yards? is joey really that bad or. do most fans not like him because of the winning?

February 6th, 2006, 6:46 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Detroit fans too tough on QB's?
rrs234 wrote:
Does anyone think besides me that Detroit is a tough place for a QB to play? Yes like me and all other fans we want to win. And most of the blame get put on the QB. ever since i can remember we would boo a qb at the sign of a first mistake. i was just thinking how much myself and every one else i knew hated scott mitchell when he played here. and then i realized he threw for over 4000 yards? is joey really that bad or. do most fans not like him because of the winning?

In 95, both Moore and Perriman had their best years, catching over 100 balls and 1400 yards each. Morton had his best year in terms of TDs as well.

95 was a "fluke" year IMO. The Lions have yet to match stats anywhere near that (a duo of 100 reception WRs). Mitchell had a PB year and flopped the rest of his career (no 20+ TD years). If the Lions weren't "teased" like they were with Mitchell in 95 and had a QB who has produced consistantly for more than a year, fans wouldn't be so tough on QBs...the one position where the franchise hasn't had consistancy in 40 years.

To answer your question - no, Joey is not that bad. He was put in a very bad position, unlike Big Ben or Carson Palmer who were put in perfect positions.

I think it has something to do with Detroit's ability to draft or sign a FA QB.

Ty Detmer, Scott Mitchell, Andre Ware, Joey Harrington, Rodney Peete, McMike, Eric Kramer, etc. All bums.

February 6th, 2006, 8:09 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]