View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lawrence Vickers 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Lawrence Vickers
he sounds like a very good prospect to me. he'd be much better than pinner, he is versatile and Martz will be able to use him to his full potential. he blocks well, a very good receiver out of the backfield, and he runs "with power" and thats what HotRod is looking for. he is a bruising runner and could be a short yardage option. picture this. split backs with Vickers and Bryson, you can do SO much with that. you can run with either one, both can be lead blockers, and both can receive out of the backfield...he could be GREAT for the lions offense...and wouldnt cost them a high pick, 3rd or 4th rounder

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... ckers.html
this says he is 6-2 235 but he is actually 5117(pretty much 6 foot), 239 lbs

i would only want to draft him if the lions find a way to get a lot of picks by trading down a few times & trading some players for picks

February 11th, 2006, 3:15 pm
League MVP

if the lions do a good job scouting they should be able to find a decent #2 rb at this point in the draft. i wouldnt touch vickers until after the draft and only if we are in danger of losing bryson.

February 11th, 2006, 11:53 pm
if the lions do a good job scouting they should be able to find a decent #2 rb at this point in the draft. i wouldnt touch vickers until after the draft and only if we are in danger of losing bryson.

I agree... IMO Bryson is a solid #2, and as long as he and KJ are on the team we shouldn't be burning picks at Rb.

Pinner is a good project runner... I wouldn't mind losing Pinner as a RFA, but I honestly don't think anyone will want to give up a 4th round pick for him. He's got good power, and decent moves... he can catch too... if the guy could learn how to block he would be a great 3rd down back IMO.

February 12th, 2006, 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]