View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Sinorice Moss 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Sinorice Moss
How big of a knock is his hieght going to be going into the draft? He's 5- 7" and It just seems like that alone will hurt stock quite a bit, regardless of his senior bowl

Why do you think?

February 15th, 2006, 1:29 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Mike sums it up nicely in his article today:

M2K wrote:
Were Santonio Holmes about four inches taller, he would likely be a top ten pick.

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles& ... 5-top10-wr

February 15th, 2006, 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Well the comparisons to Steve Smith (5 -9") and Antwan Randle El (5-10") are noteworthy, but 5 - 7" (what his measurement was during senior bowl week) makes him TINY... It's funny that a couple teams that made it to the playoff's (and of course superbowl) will now be the criteria for what people are looking for on their team.

I just think that will be a big knock on him and the couple of reciever's behind him at 6-4 and 6-5 may get the better look. You just don't win too many jump balls at 5-7

February 15th, 2006, 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Well the comparisons to Steve Smith (5 -9") and Antwan Randle El (5-10") are noteworthy, but 5 - 7" (what his measurement was during senior bowl week) makes him TINY... It's funny that a couple teams that made it to the playoff's (and of course superbowl) will now be the criteria for what people are looking for on their team.

I just think that will be a big knock on him and the couple of reciever's behind him at 6-4 and 6-5 may get the better look. You just don't win too many jump balls at 5-7

Steve Smith could be 5'2" and it wouldn't effect his game as long as his body could take the punishment..... I don't think the 3 inches Moss is giving up will hurt him at all... do I think he's worth a top 10 pick? Perhaps, but with the other talent out there this year at Qb, FS, CB, LB, DE, and OT I highly doubt he goes that high....

In determining whether or not he's a top 10 pick... Let me ask you this... Does anyone think he will be better than Mike Williams or Troy Williamson??? I certainly think he has the tools....

February 15th, 2006, 3:02 am
Site Admin

I certainly think he has the tools....

February 15th, 2006, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

when your that fast you dont need to be tall. they wont throw any jump balls to him because he is going to be wide open. Steve Smith never has to catch a jump ball because the DBs are always scrambling just to get close to him. it wouldnt matter if he was 5-1 he will be wide open

February 15th, 2006, 5:57 pm
RIP Killer

Ferris wrote:

when your that fast you dont need to be tall. they wont throw any jump balls to him because he is going to be wide open. Steve Smith never has to catch a jump ball because the DBs are always scrambling just to get close to him. it wouldnt matter if he was 5-1 he will be wide open

Stupid question, but here goes. Why is it assumed that Moss won't win jump balls? First, just because he was 5'6" tall didn't keep Spud Webb from dunking a basketball, or winning high jump championships in high school. And, think about it, how tall are the guys likely to be covering him? Dre' Bly is only 5'8" tall. Most good cover corners are within that range. They aren't all that much taller, so why is Moss at a disadvantage?

If Moss were a six footer, he would easily be first round talent, and quite possibly go top ten. He has good hands, great acceleration and is tough. But teams can't simply ignore his size disadvantage, particulary when it comes to taking punishment. Also, the bigger the player, the bigger the target, the easier to see, the greater the comfort level of the quarterback.

February 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm
QB Coach

I don't see why a team would throw a jump ball to Moss, or to Smith.

Those are your speed receivers, the guys who get open so they don't have to use their bodies to get the ball, they can use their legs, and create separation.

I mean, it doesn't matter how they do it, as long as they're doing it, am I right?

February 15th, 2006, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I mean, it doesn't matter how they do it, as long as they're doing it, am I right?

Of course you are :D

He is Santana's little brother (no pun intended) - so from the genetic standpoint he is probably put together the right way.

I still say his size will be a knock on him and cause him to slip a round or two

February 16th, 2006, 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]