View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Matt Lienart 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Matt Lienart
In just wondering if anyone else can touch on this, granted this Kid has great tools, but why is no analist touching on the fact that this kid is possibly injury prone? He had his shoulder reconstructed in highschool, and he has nagging knee injuries? Why is this not making him a risk? Or is his Arm just that good?

In my opinion the top QB's Young, Cutler, Lienart. But then again Cutler is less proven, i just think he has all the potential and right stuff.

February 15th, 2006, 8:25 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Matt Lienart
wi7son wrote:
In just wondering if anyone else can touch on this, granted this Kid has great tools, but why is no analist touching on the fact that this kid is possibly injury prone? He had his shoulder reconstructed in highschool, and he has nagging knee injuries? Why is this not making him a risk? Or is his Arm just that good?

In my opinion the top QB's Young, Cutler, Lienart. But then again Cutler is less proven, i just think he has all the potential and right stuff.

Those conditions haven't arisen the past two years, but you bring about an excellent point.

He has slightly above average NFL arm strength, but his accuracy and touch are excellent. Beyond that, he is very intelligent and is well versed in a pro style offensive scheme.

February 16th, 2006, 12:06 am
Pro Bowl Player

February 16th, 2006, 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He already has a better arm than Pennington and any problems that he has with his shoulder and arm strength come from the way he throws the ball. Leinart tends to throw a majority of his passes with all arm and shoulder and rarely gets his hips and torso into his throws. When it calls for a little extra zip like on quick outs he puts is whole body into it but not mostof teh time. This I beleive will be easily corrected with coaching at the NFL level. Also when he starts using more of his body to throw the ball his release should quicken as well as he won't have to wind up as much to get something on his passes. If he gets more hip and torso into his throw he should settle in as a QB with a career that is better than Bledsoe's but not quite Manning's.

February 16th, 2006, 8:53 am
Varsity Captain

One thing to remember is the guy was surrounded with superior talent in college, and his OL resulted in him taking very few hits and he had to deal with very limited pressure, and from the few times i did see him pressured he struggled. In the NFL all QBs get pressured, what one of the most valuable traits a NFL QB needs is the ability to deal with pressure, and IMO with Leinarts poor mobility, and no dealing with pressure well in college, he just does not seem to have that ability.

He compares to a Chad Pennington, Joey Harrington, or Chris Chandler type QB, with near perfect conditions can be a good QB, but when pressured and things are not running perfectly they cant be effective...

February 16th, 2006, 9:20 pm
Junior Varsity

for some reason, and i may be shooting myself in the foot in the future for saying this, but i dont think lienart is gonna be a good NFL QB either. Im not sure why i feel this way, but i just dont see him doing well in the NFL.

February 17th, 2006, 2:11 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Matt Lienart
m2karateman wrote:
wi7son wrote:

Those conditions haven't arisen the past two years, but you bring about an excellent point.

He has slightly above average NFL arm strength, but his accuracy and touch are excellent. Beyond that, he is very intelligent and is well versed in a pro style offensive scheme.

Agreed!

I think it's fair to say he's also shown a fairly stong personality and has displayed some pretty solid leadership skills.

Obviously none of this gaurentees anything once he's in the pro game - but I have to agree with what Mike Martz said yesterday at the presser; Accuracy and intelligence go a long way in this league. Lienart seems to have both of these and that's a good head start IMO.

February 17th, 2006, 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]