View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Antonio Cromartie Interview 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Antonio Cromartie Interview
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interv ... artie.html

good interview, he said the NFL told him he was a late 3rd to early 4th round pick

he claims to be 100% and says he can run a 4.39 40 on grass but expects to be even faster for the combine

What do you think?

February 16th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I hate the fact he tore his ACL and missed all of last year...but the guy was rated something like the #2 CB in the country going into last season. I would love to get him in the 3rd round...I think he'd be a steal, despite the fact he's had a major knee injury. The guy has freakish measurables (he's fast as hell for a guy 6-2 210). Reminds me of a C Gamble with more potential. That being said, I think he'll go mid second round if he doesn't really impress at the combine...but if he does run a sub 4.4, good lateral movement and good stop and go speed - he'll easily make it into the first round.

Last edited by conversion02 on February 16th, 2006, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2006, 1:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If his numbers are what he says they are and his knee checks out he will be a mid 1st rounder based on potential alone. Knee injuries aren't what they used to be unless it's a Culpepper type of injury(all three ligamnets). He is still very raw but given time to develop as a nickel back until he's fundamentally ready he could be a great player. If he works hard to improve his play he can be as good if not better than a similar player, Chris Gamble so far in his young career. Gamble still makes mistakes but it was his technique and recognition that were in question coming into the draft and he has answered those doubts.

February 16th, 2006, 1:06 pm
Div 1 - Starter

he is an interesting prospect because of his physical tools. obviously durability is a concern, but he can be a great cover 2 corner because he is physical and jams receivers at the LOS. I think he could be a steal if hes there in the second.

February 16th, 2006, 4:46 pm
RIP Killer

If his knee is healthy and he can run a sub 4.4 and test well in the cone drill and other change of directions skill tests, no way he falls to round three. If he does, the Lions MUST jump on him. Matt likes picking corners in the third round (Goodman, Smith, Wilson). It's high time he picked a GOOD one for a change, and one that can contribute right away.

February 16th, 2006, 6:53 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I believe Smith is a good one Mooch just didn't give him a chance. If he would of went to a bigger name school than McNeese State he would of went at least mid 2nd round that year.

February 16th, 2006, 7:44 pm
RIP Killer

I believe Smith is a good one Mooch just didn't give him a chance. If he would of went to a bigger name school than McNeese State he would of went at least mid 2nd round that year.

I believe Smith can be a starter now, but not when he was drafted. And in all likelihood Cromartie would beat out Smith in training camp this year if the Lions drafted him.

February 16th, 2006, 8:17 pm
QB Coach

When issuing grades, the advisory committee usually gives the prospect the "worst case scenario" grade, a lenient low grade. Example: Mario Williams was a late first rounder by the committee. He's not going 3-4.

February 16th, 2006, 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

When issuing grades, the advisory committee usually gives the prospect the "worst case scenario" grade, a lenient low grade. Example: Mario Williams was a late first rounder by the committee. He's not going 3-4.

With a year off, you have to wonder if he is going to be ready at the next level. But if he is as physically gifted as he claims - somebody is going to take the chance and get him early

February 17th, 2006, 11:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Brian wrote:

With a year off, you have to wonder if he is going to be ready at the next level. But if he is as physically gifted as he claims - somebody is going to take the chance and get him early

Uh-oh...you just gave me a flash back to another player the Lions drafted with amazing physical tools but was out a year of football before drafting :shock: :shock:

February 17th, 2006, 11:33 am
What bothers me is this... I hate taking chances on these guys that are injury prone and have major surgeries... Even if this kid does make it back, how long is it going to be before he blows something out again?... Did he have a freak accident where someone fell on his leg (al la McGahee) or did it sort of tear on it's own after strenous use??? Even if he can come here and contribute HEAVILY for his first season, and here and there with time off (and shine brightly when he's in) due to injury... I say we pass on him. Guys like Boss Bailey make me nervous... Despite talent, being great at their position, and playing well on the field (which I'm not saying Bailey does any of)... There is always the risk they will be off the field soon. I realize football is a brutal game, but continuity seems extremely important. I would just hate to have this guy develope into our #2 CB, create a situation where we start relying on him... and two years from now we're scrambling for another #2 CB....

February 17th, 2006, 12:01 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The thing I like with Cromartie is his size combined with that speed could also be a good option at FS as well as CB. Like everyone has stated, we need to see him work out in the shuttle and cone workouts to see if the injury is affecting his movement. I doubt that he lost too much of his straight ahead speed and I see him running 4.4 without too much of an effort. It is the side to side movements that you would want to keep an eye on with his knee injuries.

But if he was still there in round 2 and we didn't take Huff, I would consider grabbing him. There is no doubt that you take him in Round 3, but I don't see him dropping that far.

Tim

February 20th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The thing I like with Cromartie is his size combined with that speed could also be a good option at FS as well as CB. Like everyone has stated, we need to see him work out in the shuttle and cone workouts to see if the injury is affecting his movement. I doubt that he lost too much of his straight ahead speed and I see him running 4.4 without too much of an effort. It is the side to side movements that you would want to keep an eye on with his knee injuries.

But if he was still there in round 2 and we didn't take Huff, I would consider grabbing him. There is no doubt that you take him in Round 3, but I don't see him dropping that far.

Good point Tadone - He if can run his 4.4, and can get a 3.9 in the shuttle he'd be gone in the first. 4.0 or slower he'd still get a 2nd round look from alot of teams, especially with the popularity of physical corners

February 20th, 2006, 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]