View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I'm back and dreaming!!!!!!!! 
Pop Warner Allstar

Post I'm back and dreaming!!!!!!!!
I have just heard that N.Y.Jets have traded their #1 draft pick (#4 overall)
to the Detroit lions.

details as followed:

Ny jets get: Lions #1 pick (#9 overall), mike williams and a 3rd round pick in 2007.

lions get: ny jets 1st round pick (#4 overall)
several credible sources site the lions intentions are solely on the acquition of OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia).

you know i am the fantasy football writer for lionbacker and it appears that
i can't distinguish between reality and fantasy anymore but a person can dream can't he.

all joking aside this is a man amongst boys.

he single-handledly has made DE Mathius Kiwanuka (Bost Col.) drop in draft status. mathius attempted to pass rush him in senior practices and displayed a pitiful attempt as ferguson made him look silly...i mean foolish.

i also got the chance to speak in person to steve hutchinson.
he was very pleasant. i of course solicited how much the detroit lions could use him but knew why in the world would he leave seattle.

just a start of many discussions to come over the upcoming nfl draft.

ronnie keesee

February 17th, 2006, 12:55 pm
Post Re: I'm back and dreaming!!!!!!!!
2005lion wrote:
I have just heard that N.Y.Jets have traded their #1 draft pick (#4 overall)
to the Detroit lions.

details as followed:

Ny jets get: Lions #1 pick (#9 overall), mike williams and a 3rd round pick in 2007.

several credible sources site the lions intentions are solely on the acquition of OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia).

you know i am the fantasy football writer for lionbacker and it appears that
i can't distinguish between reality and fantasy anymore but a person can dream can't he.

all joking aside this is a man amongst boys.

he single-handledly has made DE Mathius Kiwanuka (Bost Col.) drop in draft status. mathius attempted to pass rush him in senior practices and displayed a pitiful attempt as ferguson made him look silly...i mean foolish.

i also got the chance to speak in person to steve hutchinson.
he was very pleasant. i of course solicited how much the detroit lions could use him but knew why in the world would he leave seattle.

just a start of many discussions to come over the upcoming nfl draft.

ronnie keesee

I think I would give up any single player on our roster for the Jets pick....

February 17th, 2006, 1:30 pm
Site Admin

wjb21ndtown wrote:

You would not trade Jeff Garcia so don't lie! :shock:

btw...can you imagine the discussions we would be having had we only lost that New Orleans game???

February 17th, 2006, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
theAlphaMale wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

You would not trade Jeff Garcia so don't lie! :shock:

btw...can you imagine the discussions we would be having had we only lost that New Orleans game???

Tell me about it... leave it to the Lions to lose sight of the bigger picture... I rarely advocate losing a game, but that loss would have been EXTREMELY valuable to the organization....

February 17th, 2006, 2:14 pm
3rd Round Selection

Just to be technical the jersey picture is incorrect, I highly doubt roy would give up his number for a USC qb :P

February 17th, 2006, 8:16 pm
RIP Killer

Hey Ron, welcome back. Hope all is well with you and your family.

February 17th, 2006, 8:31 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

February 17th, 2006, 11:58 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

Post thanks mike
thanks mike,

this has been a rough few months but, time seems to heal wounds.

i hope to be involved in the lions draft discussion more.

Mike, what's your opinion on my favorite - d'brick?

February 18th, 2006, 11:32 am
Pop Warner Allstar

alpha, i think wjb21ndtown Hall of Famer wrote "he would give up any player on the lions team for the jets pick - -

any way the lions o'line is pathetic.

we need to address this and our pass rush.

donnie henderson will blitz more especially if he can get some pass rushers with the ability to do just that.

expect the lions to be much more aggressive both on offense and defense.

i've seen some mock drafts in the forum that select tight-end as our #1
pick - this i can guarantee will never happen.

a - although a concern no player on this years draft board warrants consideration in the top 10 ...period!!!!!although *JR TE Vernon Davis (Maryland) is a good prospect he still isn't worth the #9 overall pick.

b - much more pressing priorities for the lions. o'line, d.e., mlb, safety,
another corner, qb etc....

just my opinion but i would not select any qb in the first, especially jay cutler.

more to come....

February 18th, 2006, 11:50 am
RIP Killer

2005lion wrote:

Ronnie...I thought you were new_all_coholic.gif while posting this...but with the news that the Jets will possibly cut Pennington and franchise Abraham...it's looking more and more possible that we could trade up to #4.

I would say #9, BMW/CRog, and a 4th rounder in 07 for NYJ's #4 this year. All for D'Brick.

February 18th, 2006, 11:54 am
Pro Bowl Player

conversion02 wrote:
I would say #9, BMW/CRog, and a 4th rounder in 07 for NYJ's #4 this year. All for D'Brick.

That's blasphemy! - If we get rid of BMW then I need a new sig :lol:

February 18th, 2006, 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

2005lion wrote:
I have just heard that N.Y.Jets have traded their #1 draft pick (#4 overall) to the Detroit lions.

details as followed:

TIME OUT!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!

You're saying that effectively the Lions are giving up

A) last years 1st round pick (BMW). PLUS, B) plus next years 3rd round pick. PLUS, C) Take the cap hit on BMW...

To move up 5 spots.

Then use that pick to grab D'Brick, an OT, that always takes time to develop.

That's NOT a good deal.

D'Brick is awesome - no doubt - but we could get Winston Justice by waiting and not have to give up BMW and next years 3rd to get him.

I don't like the sounds of this at all and I'm not even a huge BMW fan.

February 18th, 2006, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: thanks mike
2005lion wrote:
thanks mike,

this has been a rough few months but, time seems to heal wounds.

i hope to be involved in the lions draft discussion more.

Mike, what's your opinion on my favorite - d'brick?

Since you asked, I'll be honest. I think the Lions would be better off standing pat with the ninth pick and taking Winston Justice.

D'Brick is a phenomenal pass blocker and is leagues ahead of every other offensive lineman in this draft in that regard. However, he is not an explosive blocker; which means his run blocking is poor. I have read the opinions of a few scouts and other onlookers from the Senior Bowl, and they noticed the same things. In pass blocking drills Ferguson was superb, in run blocking drills he looked less than ordinary.

Based on that assessment, I would not be interested in moving up to take him. We already have a left tackle that is a technician pass protector but who provides little in the way of road grading for running plays. Justice is a more rounded tackle with the athleticism to play on the right side or left side. He pass protected for a Heisman QB and run blocked for a Heisman RB. All that in just three years. From all accounts his previous character issues which revolved mainly around immaturity seem to have been swept aside based on interviews he held with scouts and coaches.

It's too early to trade away BMW. And I think that having a head coach with a more disciplined and directed approach in practices and games will be good for all the players, but especially the young ones. Our offensive line does need help, but not at the expense of losing out at other spots.

However, given what I've read about next years draft I wouldn't mind seeing Millen trade away some picks for next year to move up this year. Problem is there aren't too many teams that will be willing to make that trade down due to the level of talent in this years draft.

Sure wish we wouldn't have coughed up our fourth rounder last year and our fourth rounder this year.

February 18th, 2006, 1:31 pm
QB Coach

I'm still wondering why Mike Williams would be included in this deal. He's not really valuable to either team.

I think the move would be great for both teams, Lions would be getting Ferguson, a guy who they desperately need, and the Jets moving down and potentially getting Cutler, and getting him for better value.

February 18th, 2006, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

I'm still wondering why Mike Williams would be included in this deal. He's not really valuable to either team.

I think the move would be great for both teams, Lions would be getting Ferguson, a guy who they desperately need, and the Jets moving down and potentially getting Cutler, and getting him for better value.

Brian I disagree.

Should this trade take place; Us getting Ferguson and them getting Cutler is not a forgone conclusion for either team. There's no guarantee that either player would be there for either team.

There's nothing about this deal that I like and frankly it doesn't even make sense.

February 19th, 2006, 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next