View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Mike Mayock 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Mike Mayock
His lists for the top five linemen on both sides of the ball are not what you all may expect

Tell me what you think of these guys and Mike Mayock as an anylyst

Defensive ends
1. Mario Williams
2. Darryl Tapp
3. Kiwi
4. Kamerion Wimbley
5. Tamba Hali
6. Manny Lawson

Defensive tackles
1. Haloti Ngata
2. Gabe Watson
3. Brodrick Bunkley
4. Orien Harris
5. John McCargo

Offensive Tackles
1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2. Winston Justice
3. Eric Winston
4. Daryn Colledge
5. Rashad Butler

Guard/Center
1. Nick Mangold
2. Deuce Lutui
3. Charles Spencer
4. Max Jean Gilles
5. Davin Joseph
6. Jason Spitz

February 18th, 2006, 1:24 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Mayock is a very good analyst, he has great information. Sometimes he misses the boat on some players, but more often than not is is correct. Has good evaluations on players, does good work on the NFL Network.

February 18th, 2006, 1:56 am
Profile WWW
BANNED

i was shocked to see Darryl Tapp so high.

February 18th, 2006, 3:09 am
i was shocked to see Darryl Tapp so high.

I'm not, but I AM surprised that Tamba Hali is so low... He totally made a punk out of Kiwi during the Senior Bowl...

I'm surprised not to see Rodrique Wright DT on the list... Many have him as the 2nd or third DT in the draft. Kinda surprised to see Big Gabe up that hight, but IMO the guy IS an awesome football talent.

I'm pissed that he lumped OG's and C's in the same group. Sure they're interior linemen but I would have liked to have seen where someone like Elsinger is on his list... I can't believe Spencer is that high... IMO he has Spencer and Mangold overrated. I think both can be good, but Spencer is VERY raw, and Mangold is good... but is way over-hyped... IMO there is no way Spencer should be rated higher than Davin Joseph or Lutui... I would have also liked to have seen where he rated Setterstorm...

February 18th, 2006, 4:37 am
Div 1 - Starter

i am shocked to see Tapp that high on the DEs. IMO he should be #6 on that list, Tamba Hali is the 2nd best DE IMO. and i dont think K iwi is that good, very overrated IMO

the DTs look good

the OTs look pretty good but Jon Scott should be on there at 3 or 4

as for the Cs and OGs. MJG is the best OG in the draft, Mangold is not the best interior linemen(he is still pretty good just not #1). i like Charles Spencer but hes not #3.

February 18th, 2006, 11:39 am
RIP Killer

I think Hali is too inconsistant. He's a guy who could rack up 3 sacks in a game and be an unknown the next game - completely dominated. I think Kiwi on the other hand, could be shown up by extremely good LTs (Jones, Ogden), but could consistantly get to the QB and get a sack per game. I don't think his sacks will come in bunches, but more often.

February 18th, 2006, 11:48 am
Pro Bowl Player

Mayock is sure shaking things up - :shock:

Linebackers

1. A.J. Hawk
2. Ernie Sims
3. Chad Greenway
4. D'quell Jackson
5. DeMeco Ryans
6. Thomas Howard
7. Rocky McIntosh

all first round grades

CornerBacks

1. Michael Huff
2. Antonio Cromartie
3. Kelly Jennings
4. Ashton Youboty
5. Cedric Griffin
6. Jimmy Williams
7. Tye Hill

top 3 got first round grades

Safeties

1. Donte Whitner
2. Anthony Smith
3. Daniel Bullocks
4. Darnell Bing
5. Ko Simpson

Only Donte Whitner got a first round grade

February 21st, 2006, 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What happened to Jimmy Williams?

February 21st, 2006, 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Mayock is sure shaking things up - :shock:

Linebackers

1. A.J. Hawk
2. Ernie Sims
3. Chad Greenway
4. D'quell Jackson
5. DeMeco Ryans
6. Thomas Howard
7. Rocky McIntosh

all first round grades

CornerBacks

1. Michael Huff
2. Antonio Cromartie
3. Kelly Jennings
4. Ashton Youboty
5. Cedric Griffin
6. Jimmy Williams
7. Tye Hill

top 3 got first round grades

Safeties

1. Donte Whitner
2. Anthony Smith
3. Daniel Bullocks
4. Darnell Bing
5. Ko Simpson

Only Donte Whitner got a first round grade

Maybe I'll be proven wrong after the combine, but this guy looks like he's just being a jackass for attention to me... Most people have Huff and Ko Simpson as the #1 and 2 Safeties in the draft... I really don't see Huff being the #1 CB, but maybe... He's a damn good DB... I really see him playing FS in the NFL though... maybe I'm wrong... I really don't see Ko being the 5th best safety in the draft, nor Whitner being the first... I wouldn't mind landing ANY of those 7 CB's he's got listed though... pretty deep draft for Cornerbacks it seems....

February 21st, 2006, 8:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He's definately trying to get attention that's what all these guys do. They put out as many different and off the wall rankings they can so if it shakes up the right way they can pull that ranking out and say see I told you so. But in all honesty I think Simpson falls in the draft not a lot but enough where it throws off a lot of predictions people have. I like Smith a lot myself but not that high at the S position. He might not impress with his 40 numbers or physique but when they see what he can do on the field and make plays he will catch his fair share of attention during the combine. Smith should excel and impress in the skill drills and interview sessions. I'd gladly take him or Watkins in this year's draft to play FS. There is a lot of depth at that position especially when all "tweener" guys are figured in.

February 21st, 2006, 8:28 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

:shock:

What happened to Jimmy Williams?

Thats what I am wondering about....if he is around with our second rounder he is someone to think about.

February 22nd, 2006, 4:38 pm
Junior Varsity

M&M also has Jay Cutler as his #1 QB. Ive said hes the best all along, but its nice to see one of the top analyst agree with me.Lienhart not even in his top 3!

February 22nd, 2006, 4:45 pm
Profile YIM
M&M also has Jay Cutler as his #1 QB. Ive said hes the best all along, but its nice to see one of the top analyst agree with me.Lienhart not even in his top 3!

Like I said.. I think the guy is just begging for attention...

February 22nd, 2006, 5:30 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Isn;t manny Lawson being considered a OLB for a 3-4. His too small for De in the Pros

February 22nd, 2006, 6:37 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Isn;t manny Lawson being considered a OLB for a 3-4. His too small for De in the Pros

this is true. but he wants to be a DE. if he gets stronger and puts on some weight he could be a very good speedy DE.

February 22nd, 2006, 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]