View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 AJ Hawk a lion? 
Stadium Announcer

Post AJ Hawk a lion?
With the Jets likely to cut Chad, they will need a QB. It is said that they are very high on Cutler, but dont wont him that high (4th overall pick). In the cover 2 scheme, MLB is a huge need, someone that can play sideline to side line and cover WR/TE's. Sounds like a job for Hawk right? Trade our 1st pick, with a player like redding or hall or bryant, and mabye a late pick or a 2007 pick, and get the fourth pick and pick up Hawk, and the Jets get Cutler at 9. With the new cover 2, MLB is huge. Look at rod and donnie's MLB's Brooks and Vilma, we need a star, and Hawk is better then those two by alot in my opinion. This is a dream senerio, and a possibility, what do you think?

February 21st, 2006, 1:57 am
Pro Bowl Player

Sorry 11Williams88 I had to move this to the draft thread.

But to answer you question - IF ( in the very unlikely event ) Hawk were to fall to us at 9 - that' s a no-brainer unless another blue chipper is there.

Hey didn't Chicago get Urlacher with the 9th pick - It's possible

February 21st, 2006, 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Also Brook plays either weakside o strong side backer but not middle..Shelton Quarles is their middle

February 21st, 2006, 8:31 am

I'd love to have Hawk, but if we move to #4 I would much sooner take Ferguson or Mario Williams. This is a deep LB draft...we could possibly get someone like D'Qwell Jackson in rd 2. Again, nothing against Hawk, but there would be other great players in positions of even greater need.

February 21st, 2006, 10:21 am
Div 1 - Starter

I'd love to have Hawk, but if we move to #4 I would much sooner take Ferguson or Mario Williams. This is a deep LB draft...we could possibly get someone like D'Qwell Jackson in rd 2. Again, nothing against Hawk, but there would be other great players in positions of even greater need.

exactly. there are other good MLB prospects, but nobody is as good as Mario Williams or D'Brick. between Mario and D'Brick i dont know who i want more. either one would be a great pick

February 21st, 2006, 11:42 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I going to join the camp if your trading up to the #4 spot it better be take Williams or Ferguson plus your going to be giving up more than that to trade up.

February 21st, 2006, 12:28 pm

yeah...what do you guys think the chances of getting Carpenter in the 2nd are

February 21st, 2006, 6:39 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know. He's a solid first round talent IMO...but with guys like Hawk, Greenway, Ryans, and possibly Simms all above or near Carpenter's talent level...he should be around when #40 rolls around.

February 21st, 2006, 6:44 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I don't know. He's a solid first round talent IMO...but with guys like Hawk, Greenway, Ryans, and possibly Simms all above or near Carpenter's talent level...he should be around when #40 rolls around.

Anyone know how his leg is healing?

February 21st, 2006, 6:48 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

Anyone know how his leg is healing?

I've been hearing that he's doing well. He was jogging on it before their bowl game...and that was 6 weeks ago (the injury takes about that long to heal), so I imagine he'll do well at the combine.

I like Carpenter. I think, given Boss' injury history and the fact I think he's got probably 3 seasons left before his knees go completely out, Carpenter could be a solid replacement or backup, whatever you want to call it. He led the Buckeyes in sacks and he had to cover the TE most of the time playing the SS.

February 21st, 2006, 7:01 pm
RIP Killer

If Carpenter proves he's healthy and back to form, it's highly unlikely he falls to the 40th pick. With his size and speed teams will jump all over him. And under no circumstances should the Lions give up any picks this year to move up to get anyone in the draft. In a draft with this much depth there is really no reason to move up. I like the top seven players in this draft, but that doesn't guarantee they'll become great players. We can stay at number nine and pick up a fine player, but I'd still rather move down. What I would like to see is the Lions offer our first rounder next year for an early second rounder this year and pick up additional talent. Next years draft isn't figuring to be all that great, and getting great talent in the second round this year would be nice. It remains to be seen if any of the teams will make that trade. Still, it's worth a try.

February 21st, 2006, 7:23 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Carpenter is a very good prospect. with all the talent at linebacker in this draft, someone is going to fall to the lions. it could be Simms, Carpenter, or D'Qwell Jackson. and i would love to have any of them.

trading next years picks would be a good idea because next years draft dosnt look nearly as good as this one. there are so many good prospects the lions need to get as many as they can. thats why i really want to trade down. if the lions could trade down twice it would be great.

February 21st, 2006, 8:28 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Stallion wrote:

If Carpenter proves he's healthy and back to form, it's highly unlikely he falls to the 40th pick. With his size and speed teams will jump all over him. And under no circumstances should the Lions give up any picks this year to move up to get anyone in the draft. In a draft with this much depth there is really no reason to move up. I like the top seven players in this draft, but that doesn't guarantee they'll become great players. We can stay at number nine and pick up a fine player, but I'd still rather move down. What I would like to see is the Lions offer our first rounder next year for an early second rounder this year and pick up additional talent. Next years draft isn't figuring to be all that great, and getting great talent in the second round this year would be nice. It remains to be seen if any of the teams will make that trade. Still, it's worth a try.

ITs too early to say next year draft is weak. We never know what junios will come out or who will have the big years. Did anyone think that this year was going to be so deep last year or how about last year draft. I would only trade our next year 1st round for a 1st round this year. You never see teams trading next year 1st for a 2nd look at the Ravens, and Washignton they trade a 1st for a 1st.

February 22nd, 2006, 6:46 pm
Junior Varsity

I've been wondering how far down the injury will knock him. There are three great LBs in this draft from the Big 10 alone.

February 22nd, 2006, 7:26 pm
RIP Killer

ITs too early to say next year draft is weak. We never know what junios will come out or who will have the big years. Did anyone think that this year was going to be so deep last year or how about last year draft. I would only trade our next year 1st round for a 1st round this year. You never see teams trading next year 1st for a 2nd look at the Ravens, and Washignton they trade a 1st for a 1st.

Many experts feel that the talent pool in this draft is the best we've seen in many years. And while I agree it is not possible at this moment to accurately forecast just how strong a draft next years will be, we can look at the juniors from this year and the sophomores and make a prediction. And it is very apparent that next years draft simply won't compare in depth or in overall talent. When players like Marcus McNeill, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Matt Leinart and other senior players this year didn't declare last year, many draft experts were looking forward to the 2006 draft. I believe our own Brian said last year that the draft in 2006 would be much better compared to 2005 and he was dead on right. There will be some interesting players to look at next year, such as Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Ahmad Brooks. Some of the eligible juniors will be interesting as well with Chad Henne and Adrian Peterson. But it won't compare to this year. Some of the players who will fall to the second round this year would have EASILY been first rounders either last year or next year.

And simply put, no team trades a first round next year and gets a first round this year. Washington traded their 3rd rounder last year, plus their first and fourth rounder this year to get Jason Campbell with the 25th pick last year. In my opinion an incredibly bone headed move. And the Ravens didn't trade a first for a first either. No team will accept a future first rounder for a current first rounder. The best the Lions could hope to do is trade their first rounder next year for a mid second rounder this year. In a draft that wouldn't be as deep, they may be able to get into the top of the second round, but that would be a stretch.

February 22nd, 2006, 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next