View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 AJ Hawk a lion? 
m2karateman wrote:
Stallion wrote:
yeah...what do you guys think the chances of getting Carpenter in the 2nd are

If Carpenter proves he's healthy and back to form, it's highly unlikely he falls to the 40th pick. With his size and speed teams will jump all over him. And under no circumstances should the Lions give up any picks this year to move up to get anyone in the draft. In a draft with this much depth there is really no reason to move up. I like the top seven players in this draft, but that doesn't guarantee they'll become great players. We can stay at number nine and pick up a fine player, but I'd still rather move down. What I would like to see is the Lions offer our first rounder next year for an early second rounder this year and pick up additional talent. Next years draft isn't figuring to be all that great, and getting great talent in the second round this year would be nice. It remains to be seen if any of the teams will make that trade. Still, it's worth a try.

ITs too early to say next year draft is weak. We never know what junios will come out or who will have the big years. Did anyone think that this year was going to be so deep last year or how about last year draft. I would only trade our next year 1st round for a 1st round this year. You never see teams trading next year 1st for a 2nd look at the Ravens, and Washignton they trade a 1st for a 1st.

With the amount of HIGHLY talented underclassmen leaving the draft (Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Winston Justice, Ashton Youboty, ext) and the degree of senior talent in this draft (which has likely pushed back the developement of the younger players on their relative squads, I think it is at least safe to say that next years talent pool will be much weaker, if not to say that it will in fact be weak... The players leaving this year are most of the would be blue chip talent next year....

February 22nd, 2006, 10:57 pm
Div 1 - Starter

With the amount of HIGHLY talented underclassmen leaving the draft (Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Winston Justice, Ashton Youboty, ext) and the degree of senior talent in this draft (which has likely pushed back the developement of the younger players on their relative squads, I think it is at least safe to say that next years talent pool will be much weaker, if not to say that it will in fact be weak... The players leaving this year are most of the would be blue chip talent next year....

very true. there are a lot of very talented Juniors comming out this year. that means next years seniors wont be as good as they could have been. I think its safe to say that next years draft wont be nearly as good as this one.

February 23rd, 2006, 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2