View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Mock Drafts - who everyone is picking for the Lions 
5th Round Pick - Traded

If they don?t sign at least one more offensive lineman I don?t see how they can?t take Barron at #10 and move Backus to RT or LG.

If they do I still believe Millen will draft the best available DE even though the player I would take is Miller. I think he would have the most impact of any player the Lions could draft. And with his hands he would easily become Harrington?s favorite target especially come 3rd down.

March 2nd, 2005, 6:18 pm
League MVP

I agree with most of what you said but....I dont think Backus is a good candidate to switch positions. He has a very technical approach to playing left tackle which helps him as a pass blocker but underscores the fact that he is not the athlete that MacDougle is. Backus occupies defenders well in run schemes but rarely plows them off the ball, he is also not very good at blocking up to the second level. Both would limit blocking schemes with him at right tackle, let alone guard. Not saying that he isnt a decent player. Its just that he is best suited to left tackle. Still drafting an O-lineman in round 1 should be a serious thought and even considering Barron to play right tackle (although same issues as with Backus) for a year or two. If it was up to me I would see what I could get by trading entirely out of this years 1st round, going for a 2006 1st rd plus two picks in this year's draft. We might find some O-line candidates in round 2-4 for depth and as starter possibilities plus evaluate Butler a bit more before sacrificing the 1st rd pick.

March 2nd, 2005, 7:24 pm
QB Coach

Mathias Kiwanuka decided to return for his senior season.

March 2nd, 2005, 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4