View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 11:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 2007 draft 
Author Message
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 2007 draft
Well I was really bored yesterday and looked up some 07 mocks and most of them had us taking Drew Staton what you guys think

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


July 27th, 2006, 12:36 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9946
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
I think it's ridiculous. With Kitna and McCown signed for multiple years, and with Orlovsky showing improvements, I don't see QB as a necessary upgrade.

The positions that I feel will be a concern will be linebacker, cornerback and tight end. I anticipate the Lions will go with a corner unless Smith and Wilson show dramatic improvements and the ability to excel in the Cover 2 system.

A high quality pass rusher is another anticipated need, and if one falls to them they should jump on him.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


July 27th, 2006, 12:43 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12203
Post 
Isn't it a bit early to worry about the 07 draft???? :shock: :? :x

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


July 27th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
m2karateman wrote:
I think it's ridiculous. With Kitna and McCown signed for multiple years, and with Orlovsky showing improvements, I don't see QB as a necessary upgrade.

The positions that I feel will be a concern will be linebacker, cornerback and tight end. I anticipate the Lions will go with a corner unless Smith and Wilson show dramatic improvements and the ability to excel in the Cover 2 system.

A high quality pass rusher is another anticipated need, and if one falls to them they should jump on him.


my thought exactly that it will be DE,CB, or LB lol and yes it is to early lol

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


July 27th, 2006, 2:17 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
Stallion wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I think it's ridiculous. With Kitna and McCown signed for multiple years, and with Orlovsky showing improvements, I don't see QB as a necessary upgrade.

The positions that I feel will be a concern will be linebacker, cornerback and tight end. I anticipate the Lions will go with a corner unless Smith and Wilson show dramatic improvements and the ability to excel in the Cover 2 system.

A high quality pass rusher is another anticipated need, and if one falls to them they should jump on him.


my thought exactly that it will be DE,CB, or LB lol and yes it is to early lol


I agree with everything except that NO, IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO START SIZEING UP NEXT YEARS NEEDS :!:


July 27th, 2006, 9:42 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: January 10th, 2006, 6:08 pm
Posts: 531
Post 
I dont like the Stanton Pick either...I agree with LB, CB, DE

LBs- I like Pat Willis from Ole Miss, and I've heard HB Blades (Pitt) is a beast
DEs I like Adams and Moses, and some other guys...this is a good DE year
CB i like Leon Hall, he fits the cover 2 very well (plus he's a Wolverine)

also RT is a need, Tucker is not the answer (he's already injured). But its possible that the coaching staff feels Butler has potential

I also think Prescott Burgess would be a nice fit at SLB (but he's not worth the top pick)

_________________
In Rod we trust


August 7th, 2006, 10:04 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3248
Location: Maryland
Post 
Hopefully the Lions won't have another top 10 pick this year. As much as I like getting a shot at top level talent I would prefer a pick in the upper 20's (or in the 30's). Actually I think they will be drafting somewhere around 16th.

CB I think will be the most pressing need.


August 8th, 2006, 1:38 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
Isn't it a bit early to worry about the 07 draft???? :shock: :? :x



I agree!

We haven't even had our first season ending injury or drug test results yet this year.

:lol:

_________________
Image


August 11th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team
User avatar

Joined: July 29th, 2006, 9:17 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Hades
Post 
LionFan57 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Isn't it a bit early to worry about the 07 draft???? :shock: :? :x



I agree!

We haven't even had our first season ending injury or drug test results yet this year.

:lol:
laughing4.gif


August 12th, 2006, 5:33 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 11:35 pm
Posts: 1079
Post 
I still want to see them upgrade the offensive line.

Anywhere on defense would be good also starting with LB and CB.

TE is looking like a need also.


August 18th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Profile
BANNED

Joined: December 10th, 2005, 6:47 pm
Posts: 424
Post Re: 2007 draft
Stallion wrote:
Well I was really bored yesterday and looked up some 07 mocks and most of them had us taking Drew Staton what you guys think


don't listen to these guys, QB is our number 1 need as of right now. Unless Kitna lights it up incredibly, he is not the answer, we need a franchise QB.

my ideal mock for first 3 rounds would be:

Drew Stanton
Top TE
Top OT or CB (I think DE not a need if Cory Redding improves and is resigned!)


September 5th, 2006, 7:19 pm
Profile
Post 
Well... We WILL need a WR to replace Chuck!... :cheers:


September 5th, 2006, 10:19 pm
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: January 10th, 2006, 6:08 pm
Posts: 531
Post 
I dont see TE as such a big need (however Tyler Ecker would be a pretty good mid round pick). Right now I think the top two needs are CB and OT. then DE, MLB, & QB.

OT- Rex Tucker might work out for this year, but he is deffinitly not a long term solution, hopefully Jon Scott is??? If not then I like Levi Brown from Penn St.

CB- our CBs dont look good at all. Leon Hall would be a nice fit here (I dont know much about other prospects...yet)

DE- This is looking like a pretty good DE class (much better than in 2006), if a top pick is used on a DE, look for Gaines Adams, or Quentin Moses, If a later pick is used, Dan Bazuin from Central Michigan looks pretty good.

MLB- If Bailey gets injured, then we need somebody now, I like Pat Willis (if we use a top pick) Or HB Blades or Buster Davis (if we use a later pick)

QB- If Quin is an option then the lions had a terrible year, but he's pretty much perfect. However, I dont know if the lions will use a top pick on a Qb, because Martz has NEVER used a top pick on a Qb. I would rather continue using top picks on D (at least this year) until the lions have a top notch Deffense.

_________________
In Rod we trust


September 5th, 2006, 10:30 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer
User avatar

Joined: September 4th, 2006, 4:30 am
Posts: 83
Post 
Leo wrote:
I still want to see them upgrade the offensive line.

Anywhere on defense would be good also starting with LB and CB.

TE is looking like a need also.


I'm with you. I'd like to see some Top O line come in. Maybe Ofa Mohetau from texas tech...That guy is HUGE!!!!!

_________________
We the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible for the ungrateful;
We've done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.


September 13th, 2006, 5:24 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
The mock drafts are coming in.

This one is from Footballs Future.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

Quote:
2007 NFL Mock Draft
By: Robert Davis | Updated: 9/12

1. 49ers - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Frank Gore has some talent, but Peterson is special.

2. Jets - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
The Jets probably will not pick this high, and could be tempted for Quinn despite taking Clemens in the second last year.

3. Bills - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Bills will be in the hunt for the #1 overall pick, and a QB will be high on their board.

4. Saints - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St.
Their never ending search for a stud linebacker has ended.

5. Packers - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
With the trade of Javon Walker, the Pack lack a playmaker at WR.

6. Browns - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
A LT is needed, and found.

7. Titans - Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland
Just a sophomore, but has amazing potential.

8. Raiders - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
More bodies are needed on defense, and Adams is the best defender on the board.

9. Texans - Laron Landry, S, LSU
A playmaker at safety like Landry is a big need for the Texans.

10. Lions - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Still in search of a QB to lead the team, the Lions again use a high pick on a QB.


I want to know what they were smoking to put the Lions drafting as late as 10th.


September 18th, 2006, 10:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: regularjoe12 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.