View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Millen Quotes on the draft 
Site Admin

Post Millen Quotes on the draft
Millen on this draft wrote:
Quotes from the Lions site

"I think, for this draft, we go in with a very open mind," Millen said. "I think we can improve our team; we'll try to improve it. I think we will have more choices because we have fewer and fewer holes -- that's why I think we keep a very open mind."

"I wouldn't mind moving up, and I wouldn't mind moving back," says Millen. "If the guy's right there, I am all for it. I have a pretty good idea of what we would like to strengthen and what holes we would like to plug. I like the position we are in right now, sitting at 10; and I like the people who could be available for us. I can name 15 guys who could help us right now."

"I think we will consider everything. I think we are the point right now where we don't really have to have any one thing," Millen says. "And I want playmakers. So, if there's a playmaker (at 10) and he's a receiver, then I think we consider him."

on Braylon Edwards, "That guy's a player. Whoever he gets drafted by, they will be very pleased with him."

"If we can be in a position to draft a tackle who (has premium talent), I don't think you close the door on anything."

"I wouldn't shut the door on any of (the top linebacking prospects) because someone could be available at that spot, who could upgrade us...and would give us another presence there...More than that, what it really does, it affects all your different packages and how you play them," Millen says. "The biggest thing, it is another speed guy who can make plays; and we need playmakers."

On 3rd QB spot...

"I'll be open," says Millen. "If there's a young guy out there, there could be some possibilities."

Of course he doesn't really say anything special but his mindset reinforces our thoughts of the fact that this draft is wide open for us.

March 30th, 2005, 10:39 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

XXspam.gif Man that's awesome (the smiley)

March 30th, 2005, 10:49 am
RIP Killer

I think he does say something there, it tells me they are considering DJ, Edwards and Barron. With DJ and Edwards most likely off the board by #10, Barron looks like a strong possibility.

Then again, Millen doesn't really want to show his hand and I don't put much credibility in to what he said. He may be trying to get into the minds of potential trading partners. The Lions convinced Cleveland last year that they would take KWII, could be a similar ploy this year.

March 30th, 2005, 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I know Millen is here -> lurk.gif

March 30th, 2005, 10:53 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But as for trading up to get players like Edwards, Williams, DJ, etc to which he has implied over the past few weeks, that's not likely either. There's a solid crop of OL, DE, and WR this year which are our biggest needs. I can't see Millen trading up to get someone and believe he's just blowing smoke.

March 30th, 2005, 10:55 am
Site Admin

Well I was certain that we were getting Winslow last year :?

I learned not to be so certain.

March 30th, 2005, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]