View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mark O's Mock 
RIP Killer

Post Mark O's Mock
I liked your mock. Believe me I can appreciate what effort it takes to do one. One thing you've overlooked......only one QB taken in the first two rounds? Where's Alex Smith and Jason Campbell? They will likely go in the first two rounds easy. Otherwise good job. I like the Odell Thurman selection in round two especially.

March 25th, 2005, 10:36 am
RIP Killer

My comments...IMO, Kahlif Barnes will go ahead of Jammal Brown indefinately and Marcus Spears won't drop out of the top 20. Also, Marlin Jackson has been falling as of late, many have him going late first to early 2nd, 20 is a big reach IMO.

March 25th, 2005, 10:47 am
Towel Boy

I liked the draft as well, although I agree with the first reply: Where the heck is Alex Smith, the Utah QB? I can't believe he would drop THAT far. I like the Erasmus James prediction. I really think the Lions will be taking a DE in the first round, no matter who it is.

March 25th, 2005, 10:50 am
RIP Killer

For some reason, I can't edit my post...anyway, I've seen a lot of talk about the Jets taking a TE in the drat. Heath Miller would a good pick right around that time in Rd 1 (#26). Could be a possibility that I haven't seen on any mocks.

March 25th, 2005, 10:50 am
NFL Veteran

For some reason, I can't edit my post...anyway, I've seen a lot of talk about the Jets taking a TE in the drat. Heath Miller would a good pick right around that time in Rd 1 (#26). Could be a possibility that I haven't seen on any mocks.

unless you forgot about my mock.

March 25th, 2005, 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I hurried a bit much when putting that mock together. I did take Charlie Frye with the 51st pick to the Packers, but he was the #3 QB on my board. How I missed Alex Smith just blows me away. I also missed Mark Clayton in the first round. A Lions fan from LA e-mailed me and brought that to my attention. Another big oops! I'm going to sit down and take a little more time and put together another 3 round mock with a few trades before the draft. Along with my goofs, there have been some free agent moves that will change things some as well. Overall, the Lions are sitting in pretty good shape for this draft. They could go in several different directions, regardless it should be an interesting season this year. :arrow:

March 26th, 2005, 7:38 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Well, I appreciate the mock, even with the couple errors. I am in the process of creating my first mock...it's been a work in progress for a couple weeks...so I know how difficult it is to create one, especially during FA. Thanks for the mock and I'd like to see any changes you make!

March 26th, 2005, 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]