View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mike Williams 
RIP Killer

Post Mike Williams
If Mike Williams fell to us, maybe we could make him bulk up a little more and use him as a TE? Not that he would fall, but weird stuff happens on the clock.

Buccaneers: Gruden compares Williams to Shaq
The News

Buccaneers' head coach Jon Gruden continued to sing the praises of USC wide receiver Mike Williams on Thursday. "I love him as a prospect," Gruden told the St. Petersburg Times. "If you like Shaquile O'Neal, if you like power forwards that can run the floor and shoot and dunk and make big plays, you like this guy. He's got a flair about play-making." The Buccaneers hold the No. 5 pick in April's draft.
Our View
The question now is whether Williams can knock down free throws. Okay, so that won't be an issue in the NFL. The real question regarding Williams is whether he can keep his weight down, as some fear that he's a few Happy Meals shy of eating himself into becoming a tight end rather than a wideout.

March 26th, 2005, 11:46 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

I think he will be a very good player and if he lands on the right team a pro bowl WR. I just do not see him as TE no matter what his size. Those are quite different positions even if they both catch the ball.

More importantly he can excell as a WR. Speed is what most WR use to get open, but he has the quickness, size, and body control to be very effective especially in the red zone. His physicality comes from bullying the secondary not 260lbs. strong side linebackers.

I guess if he is available you have to look at him. It woud be hard to distribute the ball to CRog, RW, and him though. We do not have Manning back behind center.

March 27th, 2005, 11:49 pm
RIP Killer

IF we were to draft one of the top receivers this year, someone would have to ride the bench. I doubt we would have 3 receivers in all the time. I would guess CRog would be bumped, competing for #2 with the rookie.

Mike Williams is massive and could bully SSOLBs all day IMO. He's a beast who does what it takes to catch the ball. He's already slowed down from when he last played college ball...and he's gotten bigger. 4.5 isn't great for WR, if he gets any bigger, he could lose some of that speed. That would make him, about as dangerous as a Gonzalez or Shockey.

March 28th, 2005, 8:26 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would rather see him a TE if we get him. We could utiliize him more at TE than WR. We already have two excellent recievers, IMO, and I wouldn't want to waste that talent by having one sit on the bench when we aren't in 3 wr sets. People like gates, gonz. and sharpe of old can be as hard on defenses as a Moss or TO. Too fast for a backer, too big for an average safety.

March 28th, 2005, 9:00 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Bsand, way to put it. That's what I was thinking but never really said.

March 28th, 2005, 9:17 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BTW, you like Shockey? :-&

March 28th, 2005, 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]