View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 9:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 DJ and the RBs 
NFL Veteran

Ive already read them three articles a while ago and it still doesnt change my opinion...

Well you haven't exactly changed ours.

Tell me where does this poor tackling stem from and this giving up of big plays? I don't see it anywhere.

March 28th, 2005, 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I watched a couple of games before and I seen 3 missed plays in one game and I didnt like his tackling form...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I watched a couple of games before and I seen 3 missed plays in one game and I didnt like his tackling form...

even if thats true, and i've never watched him play so i'm not saying its not, that can be coached easily, and he might just adjust automatically to the across the board increase in talent and speed in the nfl.

March 28th, 2005, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

yeah I do understand that it could be coached out of him...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

This guy is an excellent tackler! What part of his form are you doubting?

March 28th, 2005, 6:11 pm
RIP Killer

He makes a lot of arm tackles and a lot of diving tackles where (by someone like Barry) could get burned on the dive. He's still a super-stud in my book.

March 28th, 2005, 6:18 pm
NFL Veteran

Arm tackles huh... what else do you tackle with? Your legs? hehe j/k.

I know what you mean... but I did talk about this in the other thread. If you watch his senior year he used this move to force fumbles. One arm to secure the ball carrier, the other arm swoops around to try and punch the ball out. He was very successful doing this as he led the nation in forced fumbles. If the ball didn't pop out, at the very least the punching arm was used to secure the wrap up and the tackle was made.

Isn't what you want from a defensive player? a playmaker? I mean because I'm sure he could be a tackling machine if he wanted to... but that's not the main reason why I like him. It's because he does all the big time stuff like forcing fumbles, intercepting the ball or breaking up the pass, stuffing ball-carriers in the backfield... he has done a more than considerable amount in each aspect.

March 28th, 2005, 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

He gets low, arms primed for wrap up, perfect angle... beautiful form to me.

March 28th, 2005, 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

All right you got me beileving,because you kept at it.I must have not seen it right when I watched him it does look like a beutiful form but i did see him once give up too big plays in game before...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 28th, 2005, 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Great pictures don. Too many defenders just hit the ballcarrier and expect them to fall down without using their arms. I've got news for them, some rbs anticipate hits and keep it off center. DJ looks like he has great form.

BTW, what do you do at U of Hawaii?

March 28th, 2005, 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

Great pictures don. Too many defenders just hit the ballcarrier and expect them to fall down without using their arms. I've got news for them, some rbs anticipate hits and keep it off center. DJ looks like he has great form.

BTW, what do you do at U of Hawaii?

Thanks.. About UH? Nothing right now... but will be going to grad school this fall to get my MS in Electrical Engineering. They've never erased my internet account there so I've been using it all this time.

My lions site is http://www2.hawaii.edu/~don/HBDL.html

March 28th, 2005, 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Well, I know he forces fumbles, and a hell of a lot of them. However, he needs to be worried about wrapping up and securing a tackle rather than trying to force a fumble. I've seen him miss quite a few tackles because he was going for a strip and not trying to make a solid tackle. I've seen him for a few years, being in the big 12, and I think he's awesome, but occassionally tries to make plays and ends up getting burned.

March 29th, 2005, 8:28 am

DJ's the man, he has great technique and I love the fact that he is always trying toi create fumbles. Change of possession is so huge in the NFL. I have been very surprised that so many recent mocks have DJ falling to the Lions, and even some of them have the Lions passing him. If he is there at 10, there better be no doubt as to who we select.

March 29th, 2005, 8:57 am
RIP Killer

Change of possession is so huge in the NFL.

And so is a sure tackle rather than giving up a TD. I mean, I would take DJ in a heartbeat and I think he'll go to the Browns at #3, but watch his game film. He's not a wall and his technique does need to be improved.

March 29th, 2005, 9:01 am

The guy is a great tackler. No question about it. He also gets to the ball quick and like blue said he cause problems when he gets there by causing fumbles. I hope the football gods will alow him to be in detroit

March 29th, 2005, 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next