View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Give me your top five choices, in order, for Detroit at 1.10 
Div 1 - Starter

I'm busy these days (close of the semester), so my accompanying explanations are decidedly truncated....

Many guys have mentioned that it is hard to make a board like this when your team has the #10 because you just don't know who will be there. Any draft board, IMO, then must come with some qualifying language pertaining to how you ranked your list. For this draft board, I am going with the assumption that the Lions keep the #10. In order of how elated I'd be to see the player raise a Lions' jersey on draft day with the #1 on it....

5. Rodgers/Spears: It's a cop out, I know. I have been convinced that Barron is not the answer at T (I'd rather have Terry from SYR). I really like Yorick's idea of moving Spears over to DT to succeed Big Daddy. Finally, I still remember HB's strong argument that the time may be now to find that next franchise QB. I think if either Smith or Rodgers falls, depending on the value of trade-downs offered, it would not be awful to grab one of these guys.

4. Shawne Merriman: I think the guy could be a defensive monster...although a 3-4 probably suits him better....

3. Antrel Rolle: I don't know if this Miami stud is going to just accept being assigned to FS, but then again, if he thinks he'd rather play with Bly and Bryant than watch them from the sidelines and wait for an injury, he may be more amenable....

2. Mike Williams: Not sure how Millen would explain taking 3 straight WRs in the top ten (unless he just pointed to a picture of an up-turned horse shoe), but I know I would be ecstatic if the Lions were gutsy enough to pull the trigger on this phenom. His size, atheticism, and speed are the kind of ingredients that make....well, Roy Williams. C-Rog has proven to be.....less than durable....and for that matter, Roy-boy had some nagging injuries and occasionally exhibited less-than-inspired effort. I am not ready to make this BMW a TE, but I would be comfortable looking a little more spread wide run-and-shoot style with 3 elite WRs, and KJ. It would require innovation, but that is some sick pile of stealth-bomber parts...

1. DJ: Some things never change.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

March 30th, 2005, 12:20 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

1. LB Derrick Johnson - Sounds like Detroit is going to try Lehman in the middle again this year anyway.

2. OT Alex Barron - I'm not sold on Backus or the two young guys at RT.

3. DE - Pick your posion.

4. DT Travis Johnson - Big Daddy isn't getting any younger.

5. DB Antrel Rolle - Only if he can play FS.

March 30th, 2005, 2:04 am
Red Shirt Freshman

2) My opinion doesn't matter
3) My opinion doesn't matter
4) My opinion doesn't matter
5) None of our opinions matter

March 30th, 2005, 9:04 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

5) None of our opinions matter

LOL. Its fun to play GM though.

March 30th, 2005, 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

LOL. Its fun to play GM though.

Yes it is and here is my real list

1) DJ
2) Merriman
3) Spears
4) CB
5) WR (only if Edwards or Williams is there)

March 30th, 2005, 9:20 am
Site Admin

2. B.Edwards
3. Mike Williams
4. Rolle
5. Barron

And if you don't like them bootyshake.gif

March 30th, 2005, 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

2. Trade this year's first rounder for next year's first rounder, this year's second rounder, and this year's third/fourth/fifth rounder. (doubt a team would do this, but I believe this would be a good idea seeing the need for depth and the weakness of the top players in this year's draft)
3. Trade down to middle of the first round and grab Barron, get a third rounder.
4. Trade down later in the first for the best DE available, get a second rounder.
5. Rolle

March 30th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Well, as stated above, I landed Barron at 1.10.

Another Lions homer suggested I trade the 2nd rounder up about 10 picks or so at the cost of a 4th rounder to land a DE for sure.

My immediate reaction is not good. We're already missing a 5th rounder and this would cost us a 4th rounder. Thus leaving us with 5 picks in a 7 round draft.

Thoughts?

March 30th, 2005, 12:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

I don't see DE as a big enough need to move up and lose a 4th round pick. Just my opinion. I like where the Lions are sitting at in the second round right now - there will be plenty of solid options.

March 30th, 2005, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

2) Rolle
3) Merriman
4) Spears
5) James

new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif DFENCEDFENCE!

I just want to smite other teams with our d

March 30th, 2005, 12:23 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I don't see DE as a big enough need to move up and lose a 4th round pick. Just my opinion. I like where the Lions are sitting at in the second round right now - there will be plenty of solid options.

Yeah, I guess I would consider it of I could land a Thomas Davis or a Brodney Pool, but I'm even hesitant on that.

March 30th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

1.02 - MIA Ronnie Brown
1.03 - CLE Derrick Johnson
1.04 - CHI Mike Williams
1.05 - TB Cadillac Williams
1.06 - TEN Cedric Benson
1.07 - MIN PacMan Jones
1.08 - ARI Alex Smith
1.09 - WAS Antrel Rolle

1.10 - DET Alex Barron

1.11 - DAL Shawne Marriman
1.12 - SD Shaun Cody
1.13 - HOU Marcus Spears
1.14 - CAR Troy Williamson
1.15 - KC Carlos Rogers
1.16 - NO Thomas Davis
1.17 - CIN Erasmus James

Last edited by thedanzone on March 30th, 2005, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 30th, 2005, 12:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I'm not sold on Backus

-Leo

Why do you or anyone think Backus cant cut it. He is the most dependable player on the lions roster(started evry game since he was drafted 64 games) He is the leader of a line that has given fewer sacks than any team in the NFL. In 2003 they only gave up 11 sacks all year. This guy is quick and aggresive. I know he isnt a Walter Jones or a Orlando Pace, but he can play. I think if we draft Barron he will play RT. Backus will be playing LT. :idea: :idea:

March 30th, 2005, 1:43 pm
RIP Killer

I think if we draft Barron he will play RT. Backus will be playing LT. :idea: :idea:

For the first year. Barron COULD develop into a much better OT than Backus and take over LT next year. Barron's a better player and a better athlete than Backus and would likely take the spot next year, IF we drated him and IF he has a solid year.

March 30th, 2005, 1:57 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think it is hard for a rookie to come and make an impact right off. Backus is good not a pro bowler (yet), but he is good.

I m not aginst drafting Barron he would be an improvment at RT. I just think Backus doesnt get enough respect. If you never hear an Olinemans name than useally he is doing his job.

March 30th, 2005, 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next