View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who will the Lions pick? 
RIP Killer

The sleeper picks for the top 10 are Williamson, Merriman, and Pollack.
Let's say two of them make it up into the top 9.
Who drops?

I don't think it's a stretch for Merriman to go top 9. Tennessee and Washington may be looking to take him. I have a strong feeling the Titans are looking to trade out of the top 10, and may be willing to accept less than the DVC point total for pick number six to get out of it. I do think that if the Titans remain with the sixth pick overall, they will go with Antrell Rolle, who will be a much more physical presence than Samari ever was. But they could elect to upgrade over Chris Brown and take Carnell Williams. I also feel that Washington is looking to trade down, and if they can't swing a deal they will likely take Merriman. I don't see them using the pick on Adam Jones now, and Carlos Rogers would be a reach there. I realistically see the draft going this way:

1. San Francisco QB Aaron Rogers
2. Miami RB Ronnie Brown
3. Cleveland QB Alex Smith
4. Chicago WR Braylon Edwards
5. Tampa Bay WR Mike Williams
6. Tennessee CB Antrell Rolle
7. Minnesota LB Derrick Johnson
8. Arizona RB Carnell Williams
9. Washington DE Shawne Merriman
10. Detroit TAKE YOUR BEST GUESS

I don't think there's any way that David Pollack makes it into the top ten. He's just not athletic enough. Helluva motor, but that only gets you so far in the NFL. Williamson is a possibility at number seven for Minnesota, but I think he is a reach there. Minnesota would be better off getting Roddy White at number 18.

I see the choices at number ten for Detroit as being the following possible players: Antrell Rolle (if Tennessee trades out to a team looking for a RB) and Arizona decides to go RB rather than CB; Derrick Johnson (if Tampa Bay/Chicago goes with a RB and Minnesota has either Williams or Edwards fall to them); Shawne Merriman (if Washington goes with Adam Jones regardless of tests); Alex Barron and Troy Williamson. Of these only Rolle and Johnson don't represent a reach (I actually feel Johnson is a bargain here, Rolle is marginal) but don't really fill an immediate need. I don't think Merriman is going to be as good as what some people are anticipating.

So....all this being said, I still feel that the Lions should trade down and try to get the best value possible for their pick. If Johnson or Rolle fall to them I guarantee teams will be calling and making some good offers, but realistically I don't see either player getting past the Cardinals. If Merriman falls into the Lions lap, they may get some phone calls as well from the Cowboys, Texans or Kansas City.

April 5th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I agree about the Lions staying away from Chris Henry, he sounds like he is a real headcase. The Lions don't need people like that.

The Lions best option is trading down, however if they stay at the 10 spot, the Lions will go after DJ or Merriman depending on who is available. I don't think that DJ will be available, I think he will be drafted by either Cleveland, Tennessee or Minnesota. So here is my mock draft

1st round Merriman
2nd round Marcus Johnson G/T Mississippi
3rd round Roscoe Parrish WR Miami FL
4th round Vince Fuller FS/CB Virginia Tech
6th round Darrell Shropshire DT South Carolina
7th round Stefan Lefors QB Louisville

April 5th, 2005, 9:11 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Why does everyone think MN will draft Derrick Johnson? Without Moss their offense struggled. They need an offensive playmaker and invested heavily on the defense and LB position in FA.

April 5th, 2005, 9:35 pm
QB Coach

Yorick wrote:
The sleeper picks for the top 10 are Williamson, Merriman, and Pollack.
Let's say two of them make it up into the top 9.
Who drops?

1. San Francisco QB Aaron Rogers
2. Miami RB Ronnie Brown
3. Cleveland QB Alex Smith
4. Chicago WR Braylon Edwards
5. Tampa Bay WR Mike Williams
6. Tennessee CB Antrell Rolle
7. Minnesota LB Derrick Johnson
8. Arizona RB Carnell Williams
9. Washington DE Shawne Merriman
10. Detroit TAKE YOUR BEST GUESS

Ahhh, quit stealing my mock draft!

Actually, I have one change in the top 10... from that mock above. And I stopped at #10 because I couldn't decide between Adam Jones, Marcus Spears, and Alex Barron. violent1.gif

April 5th, 2005, 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2