View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 NFLDraftCountdown's new mock 
RIP Killer

Post NFLDraftCountdown's new mock
Has the Lions taking:
10) DJ
41) Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
72) Sean Considine, S, Iowa

Others going after Roth in Rd 2: Josh Bullocks, Adam Terry, David Baas, Luis Castillo, Odell Thurman, Alex Smith

Others going after Considine in Rd 3: Donte Nicholson, Kyle Orton, Courtney Roby, Adrian McPherson, Rian Wallace.

April 4th, 2005, 11:49 am
Stadium Announcer

I do like the first 2 picks. I might have a different approach but i could definitely live with the first 2 on Draft day. I think the 3rd pick is where we'd want to address a QB , a WR, or even an OT? I think Marion played hurt alot last year, and holt is ready to step in. Bracy Walker in one way or another was a MAJOR contributor to every win we had last year. And we signed Kennedy. So Id be upset if the Lions pick a Safety on draft day. DJ could be the Next Ray Lewis though, and though we are set at LB I could accept him.

April 4th, 2005, 12:36 pm
NFL Veteran

Yeah I just saw it and I like that mock! It has us raping the draft yet again! haha

Matt Roth and DJ! Wow!

In the third round if we do go with a safety I'd take take Donte Nicholson as I think he's better value than Cosodine. But he's a SS. If we go with a free safety I like Oshimogo Otogwe much better. He's my number 2 free safety and he isn't even touched in this mock.

Other than that I'd take defensive tackle CJ Mosley, Offensive Tackle Wesley Britt, Quarterback Adrian McPherson, wide receiver Chris Henry, and even consider ILB Kirk Morrison over Cosidine.

April 4th, 2005, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I agree with you guys. I like the 1st two rounds alot but would have gone a different way in the 3rd. IMO taking McPerson in the 3rd would be a nice pick for the Lions. He's a raw athletic guy who will probably take a few years to develope, but could very well develope into a franchise player. Sounds perfect for the Lions right now. headbang.gif

There were also several nice sleepers at WR still on the board.

April 4th, 2005, 6:17 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: I like the draft as well, but I just don't see Roth falling that far. I agree that the third round leaves a little to be desired.

:arrow:

April 4th, 2005, 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
QB Coach

What a fricken copier off Mel Kiper.

April 4th, 2005, 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Everybody knocks Kiper than when he changes his big board everybody else seems to follow.

Anyway not that I believe anything the Lions brass says but they did say they where looking for a QB the second day of the draft which means somebody after the 3rd round. Take it for what it's worth.

April 4th, 2005, 11:57 pm
Stats Boy

SCOTT WRIGHT IS A F'N JOKE. HE COMBINES THE INFO FROM THE WAR ROOM AND MEL AND MAKES HIS OWN SITE.

April 6th, 2005, 7:51 pm
Stadium Announcer

I do think that the Lions should draft a Defensive player in the first round, but I believe that it should be the DL. If DJ is available I would take him, but I doubt it.

The Lions need to deal with both the DL & OL with the DL coming in the 1st round and the OL in the second.

I also believe that the RB positin needs to be improved. If KJ goes down we are really in a world of hurt because we already know what the "replacements" can do.

Tight end is another position that needs to be addresed to take care of future needs. If not this year then next.

April 6th, 2005, 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]