View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2017, 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Zimmerman 
Team MVP

Post Re: Zimmerman
TruckinMack wrote:
Things you won't hear or read about in the mainstream media.

It appears that Scott indeed shot the police officer with the stun gun, at which point the officer responded in self defense.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ser-darts/

Again, even if Scott did shoot the officer with the tazer, how does that justify lethal force? A taser isn't lethal, and at the point which the officer shot him, Scott was running away. How exactly would the officer be in fear of his own life or the life of others at that point? If Scott were to have run away, how was he a threat? Assuming your story is true, we would know that a man who scuffled with and tazed a police officer was loose in the neighborhood. Neither of those things makes him a threat to anyone's life, including the officer. If Scott really wanted to kill the cop, he would have tried to beat him up. Instead he tried to run away. That is not the action of a person who is a threat to anyone's life.

I just don't see how anyone can justify the cop shooting and killing the man.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 1st, 2015, 2:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

How does anyone know that the man actually tried to use the tazer on the officer? Couldn't it have just gone off while he was trying to wrestle it away from the officer in an attempt to stop being tazed? I can't imagine getting tazed feels good in anyway and if it's not enough voltage to actually take you down I'm sure your first instinct is to make it stop then run away to avoid being tazed again. Seems very excessive to shoot an unarmed guy in the back as he's running away distraught and fearful even if he did try to wrestle with you a few moments earlier.

May 1st, 2015, 4:00 pm
Team MVP

rao wrote:
How does anyone know that the man actually tried to use the tazer on the officer? Couldn't it have just gone off while he was trying to wrestle it away from the officer in an attempt to stop being tazed? I can't imagine getting tazed feels good in anyway and if it's not enough voltage to actually take you down I'm sure your first instinct is to make it stop then run away to avoid being tazed again. Seems very excessive to shoot an unarmed guy in the back as he's running away distraught and fearful even if he did try to wrestle with you a few moments earlier.

I agree. I wasn't trying to say that he did use the taser on the cop. I was trying to illustrate that if we accept the argument that he did, there still isn't justification to kill the man.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Slager pleads guilty.

A lot of the other cases you can argue about, but this one seemed extremely clear cut. TruckinMack just seemed like a stubborn ideologue.

May 4th, 2017, 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9