View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
 Obama Bashing Thread 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Obama Bashing Thread
This guy is becoming an even bigger joke all of the time:
American Thinker wrote:
Obama's pathetically sad gaffe at Fort Drum (Update: WH blames lack of teleprompter for misstatement)
Rick Moran

It's easy to get mad at Obama for something like this, but I just feel an enormous amount of sadness for America that we are saddled with this clueless git for another year and a half. And a sadness for the parents of Medal of Honor recipient SFC Jared Monti who must have been stung by the president's misstatement. Here's Blackfive reporting on the president's appearance at Fort Drum addressing the famous 10th Mountain Division:

"First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn't receiving it posthumously."

As we all know, SSG Sal Giunta, of the 173rd Airborne, was the first living recipient (2011) of the MOH who fought in Iraq/Afganistan. SFC Jared Monti, 10th Mountain Division, was KIA in Afghanistan in 2006. He was posthumously awarded the MOH by Obama in 2009.

How does the Commander-in-Chief mix these heroes up? He put that medal around Giunta's neck and he stood with Monti's parents as they grieved. These fallen heroes leave such a great legacy, and we should know all their names. The ironic part of the speech, and this comes after the announcement of the politically pressured drawdown of troops in Afghanistan, was Obama's closing remark, "Know that your Commander-in-Chief has your back."

It shouldn't take a teleprompter for the C-in-C to get it right.

No, it shouldn't. Absolutely inexcusable. It might be understandable for a tired man to say there are 57 states but to screw up the names of Medal of Honor recipients?

Very sad and pathetic.

Hat Tip: Russ Vaughn

UPDATE:

The White House recognized the gaffe but didn't apologize for it. The gaffe was blamed on a lack of a teleprompter:

I contacted the White House to see what happened. I'm told the President didn't have prepared remarks.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, ""At Fort Drum, the President misspoke when discussing the first Medal of Honor he presented posthumously to Jared Monti, who was a member of the 10th Mountain Division. The President paid tribute to Monti in his remarks to troops in Afghanistan in March 2010. Last year, the President presented the Medal of Honor to Salvatore Giunta, who was the first living recipient of the Medal who served in Afghanistan."

No "prepared" remarks, no teleprompter. I guess the subject wasn't imporant enough to bring TOTUS along. But why no apology? I suppose being president means never having to say you're sorry - even when you unintentionally disrespect soldiers under your command.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/06/obamas_pathetically_sad_gaffe_at_fort_drum.html

June 24th, 2011, 8:50 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Last night I happened to catch and interview between two men, and one was pro obama the other not so much. The jock polisher was stating that it wasn't the Obama administration that turned a BLIND EYE on the housing crisis bubble, and allowed it to run to 8 trillion, so therefore He (Maobama) inherited the mess.

My question is, what was Barney Franks job as head of the Senate oversight committee in charge of the HUD, Bonnie Mae and Freddie Mac funds? If things were escalating to a point where the country was going into crisis, should he not have been the one blowing the lid off the pot, calling our attention to what was going on? Did he not profit from sitting back and pushing th zero down, zero interest loans?

So how can Bush be blaimed for something a leading Liberal did not do anything about, or let anyone know. That's like blaming the Captain for a sinking ship, when the first mate didn't tell him about a leak in the cargo hold.

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

June 29th, 2011, 9:11 am
Team MVP

It can all be traced back to Glass/Steagle. It was implemented in 1933 after the 1929 crash, which was actually the 2nd worst crash, but the 1st was dealt with quickly with 50% cuts to taxes and spending *across the board*. The mass amounts of spending created the Great Depression by taking the crash and prolonging the effects.

After Carter repealed some of it, we had the Savings and Loans fiasco in the 80's and then after the remaining parts of it were repealed in 1999, we immediately had the dot com bubble go and crash. The effects of that were mixed in with 9/11, so the focus was completely off the economy and that allowed the housing bubble to grow pretty much right under everyone's noses.

BOTH sides are to blame for it because they allowed it to happen and had very lax oversight. Obama inherited the initial aspects of it, but his actions have made it worse and actually created the environment where it will continue to stay bad and even get worse. The fact that the appeal of Glass/Steagle allowed the States to put their pension funds into the banks that were investing them is why the states are in such poor shape. Spending was bad prior on the state level, but at least now they're forced to go back and make cuts to things that shouldn't have been raised to their current levels anyway.

Bush has his share of the blame, but they can't continue to pass blame for current conditions when Obama's actions have made the situation worse than it was.

June 29th, 2011, 10:35 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

I'm sorry but someone with a SET OF STONES needs to throw the vacation comment right back at President MAObama. He has the audacity to mention Congress being on break or vacation, when he's taken more vacations than I can count: at OUR EXPENSE.

Seems to me a true leader would recognize the plight of his people and would have "staycations" instead. Man WASHINGTON NEEDS AN ENEMA!

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

June 30th, 2011, 11:47 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'm sorry but someone with a SET OF STONES needs to throw the vacation comment right back at President MAObama. He has the audacity to mention Congress being on break or vacation, when he's taken more vacations than I can count: at OUR EXPENSE.

Seems to me a true leader would recognize the plight of his people and would have "staycations" instead. Man WASHINGTON NEEDS AN ENEMA!

I seem to remember Bush taking a lot of vacations as well.

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 30th, 2011, 12:57 pm
Megatron

LionsFan4Life wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I seem to remember Bush taking a lot of vacations as well.

I was going to say the same thing. Not too mention I believe its been discussed here before, but a sitting President is never really on a vacation.

June 30th, 2011, 2:41 pm

I wonder if Obama will be playing golf for the 14th week in a row this weekend? He has to be approaching (or already broken) some sort of record here. :lol:

July 1st, 2011, 9:39 am
Megatron

slybri19 wrote:
I wonder if Obama will be playing golf for the 14th week in a row this weekend? He has to be approaching (or already broken) some sort of record here. :lol:

Don't forget about Eisenhower, he played golf so much he's in the World Golf Hall of Fame 8)

Quote:
According to a Golf Digest article from 2008, Eisenhower played golf more than 800 times during his presidency.

http://golf.about.com/od/historyofgolf/a/ikegolf.htm

July 1st, 2011, 10:05 am
Team MVP

Of course he will... Also, 2 days after berating Congress about taking holiday vacation with the debt-ceiling talks going on...

Quote:
Obama takes a break at Camp David

(AP) – 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will be taking a break for the Independence Day holiday weekend.

He'll travel to Camp David in western Maryland Friday afternoon, following some morning meetings.

Daughter Malia has a holiday birthday. She'll turn 13 on Monday.

Oh, and if the mess from the Medal of Honor mixup wasn't bad enough... he forgot the age of his daughter when asked.. twice.

July 1st, 2011, 10:05 am
Team MVP

Eishenhower was dealing with only the cold war. Korea had just ended (or the treaty just started) and WW2 was over. We're in the middle of 2 ground wars, and "drone-wars" in 6 countries. There's a bit of a difference.

July 1st, 2011, 10:09 am
Megatron

And please refer to previous comments:

Quote:
Not too mention I believe its been discussed here before, but a sitting President is never really on a vacation.

It does not matter who is in office, the 'other side' will always find something to biatch about....even if it is the same thing they were defending when 'their guy' was in office. Its just old, tired and busted. Time to look for a new angle.

To all those claiming to want change and improvement with the entire political process, why not start with yourselves? Take the high road for once and lead by example. Oh, it's easier to maintain the status quo you say? Then stop being a hypocrite.

/rant

July 1st, 2011, 10:38 am

C'mon now, Wags. You know me better than that. I really don't need a "real" reason to bash that dipshit in the White House. It's what I do. :D

Furthermore, I've declared open warfare on the left (figuratively, of course). If they want to jump knee deep into the mud, I'll go waist deep. If they want to advocate for something, I'll oppose it (regardless of my own views) just because. If they want to be hypocrites, I'll match them and add a cherry on top. This will never end with me until they all move to Cuba, North Korea, or somewhere else where their preferred system of government is already in place. So obviously, I'll never change and will fight them until my last breath.

July 1st, 2011, 11:39 am
National Champion

Sly...its going to take some Patric Henry's to get that done.. but Bravo =D>

( for those of you not up on your american history: Patric Henry is the founding father known for the qoute " Give me liberty or give me Death")

anyway, Obama Did recently break the record for the most rds of Golf played
while in office by a sitting President.. :lol:

Record previously held by ...you guessed it.... IKE.
But Ike centainly did not go golfing right after laying the reef at the tomb of the unknown soldier on memorial day...Nor would any other leader in the free world..on their similar day of rememberance, according to some UK news outlets.. it was an act of poor taste and disrespectful..

draw your own conclusion if you want.

July 1st, 2011, 11:57 am

kskfordfleet, I have no intention of going "Patrick Henry" on them, but as I've said many times before, if they wish to start it, I'll finish it for them. :twisted:

July 2nd, 2011, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

I heard Obama even... SLEEPS!? Holy crap!

I think the criticism of golfing and "vacation" IMO is silly. He's still working 60+ hours a week, I wouldn't want a president that can't realize he is human and has a need to get out and do something to distract his mind. There is a drop-off in production after so long if you work to many hours, it is unsustainable.

July 2nd, 2011, 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next