View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Job Opportunities - Anyone looking for a job? 
RIP Killer

Post Job Opportunities - Anyone looking for a job?
EDIT: I have made this into an annoucement to ensure it doesn't get lost/buried. Please post ALL job opportunites here. Thx

http://clipperwind.hodesiq.com/joblist.asp

We are hiring TONS of people... let me know if you see something you like.

September 30th, 2010, 1:01 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Anyone looking for a job?
Great idea for a thread here given the economy...

I'm looking to hire an Account Executive in Dallas.

September 30th, 2010, 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Figured it is the least we can do!

Extra info, we have two main locations, Carpinteria, CA and Cedar Rapids, IA. We do have random places all over the US though for localized needs, but they are more minimum.

September 30th, 2010, 1:07 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

We're always lookin for good people at the credit union I work for....Just need a upbeat personality and a bonfide condcern to help out people...everything else we can train...so if yer in the Genesee county area and lookin let me know.

September 30th, 2010, 5:53 pm
QB Coach

What's the specs? College Degree? Engineer? or can you be grunt labor? I've got some people I'd like to give the info. to.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 30th, 2010, 8:29 pm
RIP Killer

We have ALL types... Just peek... very long list. Huge hiring for us now.

September 30th, 2010, 8:30 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Steen, you aren't joking! That's a lot of positions. Great thread for those who may be looking.

October 1st, 2010, 1:37 am
RIP Killer

81!

October 1st, 2010, 9:28 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Sorry, but I can't resist: How many people will they be hiring if the government subsidies end?

Regardless of the answer, I think it's a good idea to post the info on the board for anyone looking for a job. I know it's tough out there because I was only working part time for what seemed like forever until I started a new full time job a month ago. I'm sure any help you can give someone looking for work will be appreciated.

October 1st, 2010, 8:15 pm
RIP Killer

Lots, we are being bought out by UTC, a very large company that wants us to take advantage of the emerging markets with no subsidies. Turbine make profit, no subsidies needed. They just don't have the same profit margin of lets say a coal plant that billows smoke all day long making a large area of land un inhabitable... ;)

October 1st, 2010, 10:40 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I didn't know that Clipper was a UK company, but you were saying....
London Evening Standard wrote:
Clipper Windpower runs out of puff and is set for takeover
Nick Goodway 20.09.10

Clipper Windpower, the London-listed wind turbine maker which has received millions of pounds in government grants, looks set to be taken over by US engineering giant UTC.

Clipper today said that it “expects to face significant liquidity strain within the next year” and was “seeking additional sources of capital”.

As part of this UTC, which bailed Clipper out with a £126.5 million equity injection in January to take a 49.9% stake, said it could be interested in a making a full-scale takeover bid.

Clipper shares, which floated on AIM five years ago at 190p today slumped 16¾p to a new low of 28p valuing the company at just £60 million. UTC paid 150p a share for its stake. UTC owns Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Sikorsky helicopters, Otis lifts and escalators and Carrier heating and air-conditioning.

Former prime minister Gordon Brown and Labour leadership candidate Ed Miliband (then energy & climate change secretary) attended a ground-breaking ceremony on Tyneside in February for Clipper's new turbine factory. This was backed by a £4.5 million government grant and was meant to produce a prototype new turbine named Britannia aimed mainly at offshore UK windfarms.

But the wind industry has suffered a huge downturn since the financial crisis with Clipper particularly hard hit because it was unable to provide warranties on its turbines. In the US, which is Clipper's main market, tax breaks for wind farms run out at the end of this year and there are doubts whether America's President Barack Obama will be able to introduce fresh finance initiatives for green energy this autumn.

Clipper is burning cash. At the end of June it had $140 million (£89.8 million) in the bank by the end of August that had fallen to $86 million. It also said first-half revenues are likely to have halved to around $150 million and losses for the six months to end-June will be between $26 million and $30 million. It now expects turbine sales for the full year to be at the lower end of the 140 to 180 range.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23880133-clipper-windpower-runs-out-of-puff-and-is-set-for-takeover.do

October 1st, 2010, 11:02 pm
RIP Killer

We get lots of money from England to build them the mega super sized 10 MW wind turbine they wanted. We are traded on the UK stock exchange, but have only 5 or so employees in the UK. Notice Londed-listed, not UK based. Head offices are in Carpinteria, CA manufacturing is in Cedar Rapids, IA where most of the jobs are going to come from. Yes, just like EVERY company we go after grants that are offered by gov'ts just like the auto industry, coal industry, nuclear industry, aeronautical industry, pharmaceutical industry, etc. Every large company goes after gov't money because they would be stupid not to.

American tax breaks are running out, but places like Turkey, Brazil, and others that have emerging markets have such high energy cost that it makes ANY energy source a gold mine. Either we figure out how to make these products and export them overseas of China will again garner all the potential jobs. We just sent 40+ turbines, over 100 million dollars with of exports TO Mexico. Manufactured in IA, supplied by companies all over the US. We are even have some generator suppliers and gear suppliers in MI.

Basically, if you look at risk in an investment, a stand alone company does not have a very good "promise" for their warranty. All the other wind turbine manufacturers have been purchased by large companies to secure the risk for any warranty claims. SInce these things are so large and cost so much, you can't be a small company and do all of that. UTC is the massive US company that will allow for global presence and a firm warranty backing. We are beefing up engineering to make a push with some new product for markets outside the US.

Of course... you could always find a reason to not want jobs in the US and send them to China ;)

October 2nd, 2010, 11:31 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Job Opportunities - Anyone looking for a job?
Believe it or not, GM is actually hiring as well.

Don't have a link, but anyone in the Metro Detroit area with Engineering or Design background, get a resume together and send it to Human Resources at the RenCen.....what can it hurt?

October 6th, 2010, 9:58 pm
RIP Killer

interesting, I've been getting cold calls by recruiters non stop from GM as well.

October 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

My company is in the process of opening new Distribution Centers accross the United States:

The newest locations that will come online soon or are already open: Chicago, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Cincinati, Seattle and Detroit.

Positions will include: General Managers, Asst. General Managers, Outside Account Managers, Customer Service Reps, Warehouse Managers, Warehouse employees and Delivery Drivers.

Our Parent Company has challenged us to open 20 new centers ASAP. I'm not clear on when the hiring will begin but here is the website. http://www.americantiredistributors.com/employment.php If you are interested in employment, I would send a resume with the position of interest attn: Human Resource Manager

I have been with the company for 12 years. We have insurance, 401K with a match and up to 4 weeks vacation to mention a few of the benefits. It's a great company to work for.

EDIT: I got the email today that Metro New York just entered the pool. All of these centers coming on line are going to be ground up starts. Good opportunities for the right people.

October 11th, 2010, 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next