View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pirates Kill Four Aboard Yact 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Pirates Kill Four Aboard Yact
Can I get a Mk19 and M203 please? They're just fun!!! :D

February 25th, 2011, 3:22 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:
I higly doubt 4 missionaries are going to take body guards and carry ozzies with them.

I'd be scared of Ozzie too!

Now an Uzi on the other hand...meh, they won't hit you from 100 yards.

Ozzie is much scarier than an Uzi...

February 25th, 2011, 3:34 pm
QB Coach

Hey maybe we could get him to bite the head off a pirate, and give the rest of them rabies! :twisted:

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 25th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Sly gets the "Ma Deuce"!

:idea: :arrow: :D =D> :cheers:

I hate to derail the thread, but have any of you guys ever fired a Ma Deuce before? I was lucky enough to qualify with it twice when I was at Fort Riley and it is a totally awesome weapon. There's nothing better than being able to completely pulverize stuff a mile away with overwhelming firepower! :D

February 26th, 2011, 6:44 pm
NFL Team Captain

Ever see the show Bait Car, well how about Bait Boat?

It's my new reality tv show!

Fill a sail boat with Navy Seals dressed as "missionaries" and let the Pirates try and take it? Starring: Sly on the 50 cal, M2K in stealth mode hand to hand combat and me smoking a stogie and saying how I love it when a plan comes together!

February 26th, 2011, 11:14 pm
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:

Fill a sail boat with Navy Seals dressed as "missionaries" and let the Pirates try and take it? Starring: Sly on the 50 cal, M2K in stealth mode hand to hand combat and me smoking a stogie and saying how I love it when a plan comes together!

Hey now, don't forget Wags wielding the assault rifle with the 40 mm grenade launcher on it. And for me it wouldn't be all hand to hand.....I'd take my G27 and wakishazi with me, just to make things interesting.

February 27th, 2011, 12:11 am
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:

Hey now, don't forget Wags wielding the assault rifle with the 40 mm grenade launcher on it. And for me it wouldn't be all hand to hand.....I'd take my G27 and wakishazi with me, just to make things interesting.

Hey the more the merrier! On a side note, how do you like the G27? I opted for the XD9SC, but I find myself second guessing the decision.

February 28th, 2011, 12:36 am
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Hey the more the merrier! On a side note, how do you like the G27? I opted for the XD9SC, but I find myself second guessing the decision.

I have had no problems with it. It has a pretty nice kick to it, but that's to be expected with any sub-compact firing as strong a round as a .40 S&W. It is controllable. The only drawback is that it's a bit thick, and not necessarily easily concealable in the warm months. I am actually considering getting a single stack sub-compact for summer carry. I may have less rounds available, but it would be far easier to conceal. I may also switch down to 9 mm for that gun. The new Ruger LC9 is what I'm considering.

March 2nd, 2011, 1:42 pm
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:

I have had no problems with it. It has a pretty nice kick to it, but that's to be expected with any sub-compact firing as strong a round as a .40 S&W. It is controllable. The only drawback is that it's a bit thick, and not necessarily easily concealable in the warm months. I am actually considering getting a single stack sub-compact for summer carry. I may have less rounds available, but it would be far easier to conceal. I may also switch down to 9 mm for that gun. The new Ruger LC9 is what I'm considering.

I like the Ruger. I have the old school P89, that thing is a dinosaur campared to my XD9SC. The XD is hard to conceal as well. I looked at the Smith & Wesson Body Gaurd 380 for concealed carry, but I just want a little punch if I ever need it, so I'm trying to stick with a 9mm or larger.

March 2nd, 2011, 7:47 pm
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:

I like the Ruger. I have the old school P89, that thing is a dinosaur campared to my XD9SC. The XD is hard to conceal as well. I looked at the Smith & Wesson Body Gaurd 380 for concealed carry, but I just want a little punch if I ever need it, so I'm trying to stick with a 9mm or larger.

My wife has a Ruger P95, so I know what you're talking about. They may be older, but they work very well. My sister-in-law has an LCP, and she likes it. It has a pretty good recoil to it, though. But damn that thing is small. Like you, I want to have something with just a tad more stopping power. That's why I'm reading about and looking into the LC9.

What is it about the XD you don't like or aren't fond of?

March 2nd, 2011, 8:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

Quote:

I thought it would be easier to conceal than it is. I like everything else about the gun. It has great balance, fits in my hand very well with the extension and shoots very good.

I really struggled with the decision between the Glock and the XD. I don't know why, but I always second guess my purchase decisions?

March 5th, 2011, 11:28 am
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Quote:

I thought it would be easier to conceal than it is. I like everything else about the gun. It has great balance, fits in my hand very well with the extension and shoots very good.

I really struggled with the decision between the Glock and the XD. I don't know why, but I always second guess my purchase decisions?

Don't we all? :D Guns are like girlfriends, once you get the one you lust after, you're looking at the others with that lust wondering if they would have been better.

March 5th, 2011, 11:42 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Maybe this will send a message:
Norfolk.FBI.gov wrote:
For Immediate Release
March 14, 2011 United States Attorney's Office
Eastern District of Virginia
Five Somalis Sentenced to Life Plus 80 Years in Prison for Piracy Against USS Nicholas

NORFOLK, VA—Five men from Somalia were sentenced today to life followed by a consecutive 80 years in prison for engaging in piracy and related offenses in their attack on the USS Nicholas.

Neil H. MacBride, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia; Janice K. Fedarcyk, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s New York Field Office; Alex J. Turner, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Norfolk Field Office; and Mark Russ, Special Agent in Charge of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) in Norfolk, made the announcement after sentencing by United States District Judge Mark S. Davis.

“Today marks the longest sentence ever given to a pirate in U.S. court, following the first time in over 190 years that an American jury has convicted a defendant of piracy,” said U.S. Attorney MacBride. “Today’s sentences should send a clear message to those who attempt to engage in piracy: Armed attacks on U.S.-flagged vessels carry severe consequences in U.S. courts. Modern-day pirates not only threaten human lives but also disrupt international commerce by extorting hundreds of millions of dollars in ransom payments. It is believed that between 650 to 800 people are held hostage by Somali pirates and that the global cost of piracy is as high as $12 billion annually.”

“Modern-day pirates who wreak havoc off the Horn of Africa will be met with modern-day American justice,” said Assistant Director in Charge Fedarcyk. “The skull and crossbones may be a relic of the past, but the threat of violent piracy remains very real. The FBI remains firmly committed to enforcing the rule of law on the high seas, protecting Americans and American vessels.”

On Nov. 24, 2010, the jury convicted the five men—Mohammed Modin Hasan, Gabul Abdullahi Ali, Abdi Wali Dire, Abdi Mohammed Gurewardher, and Abdi Mohammed Umar, all from Somalia—of piracy, attack to plunder a vessel, act of violence against persons on a vessel, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with a dangerous weapon on federal officers and employees, conspiracy to use firearms during a crime of violence, and multiple firearm counts, including the use of a rocket propelled grenade (RPG).

The Somalis were indicted on April 21, 2010, and were later charged with additional crimes in a 14-count superseding indictment on July 7, 2010. According to evidence and trial testimony, the five men left Somalia in search of a merchant ship to pirate. They used a larger ship full of supplies, along with two smaller vessels loaded with assault weapons and a rocket propelled grenade (RPG) that served as attack boats. On April 1, 2010, Hasan, Ali, and Dire boarded one of these smaller vessels and set out to pirate what they believed to be a merchant ship, while Gurewardher and Umar remained onboard the large ship to maintain that ship during the attack.

Ali and Dire each carried an assault weapon, and Hasan carried an RPG. They opened fire on a ship, which they later discovered was the USS Nicholas, an Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate homeported in Norfolk, Va.

The investigation was conducted by the FBI and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Joseph DePadilla, John Davis and Benjamin L. Hatch from the Eastern District of Virginia and Trial Attorney Jerome Teresinski from the Department of Justice’s National Security Division prosecuted the case on behalf of the United States.

A copy of this press release may be found on the website of the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Virginia at http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/vae. Related court documents and information may be found on the website of the District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov or on http://pacer.uspci.uscourts.gov.

http://norfolk.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel11/nf031411.htm

For those that don't remember, these idiots attacked a US Navy vessel over a year ago. I guess it was at night and they didn't realize it was a military craft before it was too late. Too bad, so sad. :lol:

March 16th, 2011, 12:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2