View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Tsunami Hits Japan After Massive Earthquake.... 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Tsunami Hits Japan After Massive Earthquake....
Hey, I am reading it is likely "gone" meaning it will explode at any time and end badly... what is the internal discussions saying?

April 1st, 2011, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

Some nuts want to sue GE... Why would it be GE's fault for them putting a relatively safe power plant in the zone of earthquake country? Crazy...

April 1st, 2011, 1:32 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

To be fair, I want to sue GE, but for different reasons. Anyone who would unleash MSNBC upon the world is guilty of something IMO. :lol:

Also, it's obvious that you HATE birds! Shame on you and may they drop their business on your bald head! :twisted:

April 1st, 2011, 9:23 pm
RIP Killer

50-100 years before rods can be removed?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... 179487.htm

Anyone confirm or deny this?

April 2nd, 2011, 5:15 pm
RIP Killer

Melted rods...most likely. What you have to remember, the rad levels at the fuel is over 10,000 R/hr. Locked very high rad levels is 1 R/hr (these are those places in the plant that you have to have special keys and briefings and have a very, very short stay time. So...yeah, 10K times the locked very high rad areas is crazy hot.

I do know the chumps picking up the graphite pieces at Chernobyl were getting about 10R/hr. So yeah, 1000X that is pretty insanely hot.

I don't know much about the rad levels during a self-sustained zirc-water reaction and what happens to the fuel, but I do know that melted fuel is going to stay hot for a very, very long time. Three Mile Island still has fuel in their partially melted unit (however, the other two are running), I believe.

April 2nd, 2011, 8:25 pm
QB Coach

I know, why don't we let al qaeda or Iran go in and get the rods, take care of two problems at once.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 2nd, 2011, 10:05 pm
RIP Killer

April 7th, 2011, 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6