View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 1:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Libya 
Post Re: Libya
I liked John McCain's response to Obama stating that we're pulling back our air operations - "his timing is impeccable" (stated sarcastically, as he thinks that we should hit them while they're on the ropes)...

April 2nd, 2011, 9:35 am
Pro Bowl Player

Phenomenal video by ex-CIA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVt_hSo ... r_embedded

April 4th, 2011, 4:27 pm
RIP Killer

Not sure if I agree or disagree with Obama. I don't have enough information, but when it comes down to it, as long as NATO has enough support to get the job done it sounds good to me. It is really time for other countries to step this up a little.

April 4th, 2011, 5:02 pm
QB Coach

So let me see if I understand this correctly. The US has pulled back from combat air operations in order that NATO, who is predominantly US airpower doing the attacks? Meanwhile the supporting ARAB countries are NOT funding this? This thing stinks from day 1. Obama orders military attacks without Congressional Approval and he is operating on HIS own authority. This knucklehead thinks he can do what he wants, and is running this country into the ground because of it.

Why is it, Illinois Eric, or I.E. and Lomasbrown are so quiet now, when they were RAGIN when Bush was in office?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 4th, 2011, 5:57 pm
RIP Killer

Dude, Canada is going to run air strikes ;) Scary huh!

April 4th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I think it's funny that the US agreed to extend their air combat operations by 48 hours over the weekend due to bad weather. It appears that Europe was unable to do it effectively in those conditions, so they cried to the US for help. :lol:

April 4th, 2011, 9:21 pm

We're getting close to the 60 day mark under the War Powers Act when the President will need approval from Congress to continue military operations. Will the Dictator In Chief abide by the law or skirt it like he regularly does? Will Congress even bother to take a vote? Will the lamestream media even bring this up? Enquiring minds want to know.

May 13th, 2011, 12:57 am
QB Coach

Sly you spelled that wrong it's dic in Chief

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 13th, 2011, 8:45 am
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
We're getting close to the 60 day mark under the War Powers Act when the President will need approval from Congress to continue military operations. Will the Dictator In Chief abide by the law or skirt it like he regularly does? Will Congress even bother to take a vote? Will the lamestream media even bring this up? Enquiring minds want to know.

:shock: So now he's a dictator??? :?

Wow! The rhetoric is strong already..its going to be a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg Pres campaign season ](*,)

(it usually is...)

May 13th, 2011, 9:51 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Wow! The rhetoric is strong already..its going to be a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg Pres campaign season ](*,)

(it usually is...)

I'm not excited for this round... not that I really am anytime, it keeps getting worse though. Just gotta roll your eyes, it's the Rep turn to start nonsense after the nonsense the Dem's had for 8 years prior.

May 13th, 2011, 10:04 am

TheRealWags wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

(it usually is...)

On the surface, my rhetoric sounds strong, but is it really rhetoric or based on fact? A dictator controls all elements of a government. In this country, power is shared between the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, but Obama has been attempting to circumvent these checks and balances. Not following the War Powers Act is a breach of the authority of the legislative branch. Previously, Obama has failed to follow the judicial ruling against the Administration's Gulf Oil Drilling Moratorium. He has also refused to defend the Defense Of Marriage Act in court and failed to prosecute the Black Panther case. He is picking and choosing which laws or court rulings to follow and which ones he won't. He is also attempting to circumvent the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling and the legislature's failure to pass an amnesty bill via Executive Order. He may not be a full flung Dictator in the classical sense, but he's certainly acting like Dictator-Lite.

As for the upcoming rhetoric of the Presidential Campaign, I'm just getting started, dude. You ain't seen nothin' yet! :D

May 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm

President O'Dipshit is at it again:
Hot Air wrote:
NYT: White House searching for “plausible theory” by which Libya war won’t soon be illegal
posted at 5:30 pm on May 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

In an alternate reality where anyone still cares about Libya or the War Powers Act, this article is the biggest story in America today. As it is, the president concocts a half-assed legal dodge to avoid even minimal accountability in matters of war and somehow it’s not even on the board at Memeorandum.

Luckily, Congress doesn’t care either or else we might have had quite a tiff on our hands here.

The administration apparently has no intention of pulling out of the Libya campaign, and Mr. Steinberg said that Mr. Obama was committed “to act consistently with the War Powers Resolution.” So the Obama legal team is now trying to come up with a plausible theory for why continued participation by the United States does not violate the law.

A variety of Pentagon and military officials said the issue was in the hands of lawyers, not commanders. Several officials described a few of the ideas under consideration…

By ending all [drone] strike missions for American forces, the argument then could be made that the United States was no longer directly engaged in hostilities in Libya, but only providing support to NATO allies.

Another idea is for the United States to order a complete — but temporary — halt to all of its efforts in the Libya mission. Some lawyers make the case that, after a complete pause, the United States could rejoin the mission with a new 60-day clock.

I like the phrasing about how they’re trying to “come up” with a legal theory to justify a war a few days before the 60-day grace period ends, as if they’re some sort of high school study group brainstorming over pizza the night before a big class presentation is due. And the presentation doesn’t even have to be good — merely “plausible,” sort of in the C-/D+ range. Congress is famously an easy grader.

Hopefully the White House will have some fun with it, just to see how much crap Senate eminences like Kerry — who now admits the war is a stalemate — and McCain are willing to eat. The boldfaced logic in the blockquote is wonderfully surreal, for instance: If you take it seriously, that the president can wage war indefinitely without congressional authorization merely by declaring a formal halt and then a formal re-start to operations every 60 days, then the War Powers Act is a colossal joke. You wouldn’t have to go to court to try to nullify it on separation-of-powers grounds; it’d be effectively defunct, killed by its own weakness as Congress refused to support it. First the economy, then Bin Laden, now the WPA: Say what you will about The One, but when he wants something dead, he knows how to get the job done.

As for how long the mission will go on, apparently that’s entirely up to Qaddafi. He issued a statement today claiming that NATO bombs will never find him, but rumors are swirling that that’s not true.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/13/nyt-white-house-searching-for-plausible-theory-by-which-libya-war-wont-soon-be-illegal/

May 14th, 2011, 4:16 pm
RIP Killer

Called it, I said he would get into office, realize the real situations he would face and backpedal on the war stuff. He has basically followed through with Bush's plan and is making the same decisions, maybe a bit slower, but the same ones, as Bush did.

May 14th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

(it usually is...)

On the surface, my rhetoric sounds strong, but is it really rhetoric or based on fact? A dictator controls all elements of a government. In this country, power is shared between the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, but Obama has been attempting to circumvent these checks and balances. Not following the War Powers Act is a breach of the authority of the legislative branch. Previously, Obama has failed to follow the judicial ruling against the Administration's Gulf Oil Drilling Moratorium. He has also refused to defend the Defense Of Marriage Act in court and failed to prosecute the Black Panther case. He is picking and choosing which laws or court rulings to follow and which ones he won't. He is also attempting to circumvent the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling and the legislature's failure to pass an amnesty bill via Executive Order. He may not be a full flung Dictator in the classical sense, but he's certainly acting like Dictator-Lite.

You do realize that everything you said there the Dems/Left/Libs said about Bush, right? And just because one side does it, doesn't mean the other has to. At some point it would be nice to see SOMEONE rise about this petty BS.

slybri19 wrote:
As for the upcoming rhetoric of the Presidential Campaign, I'm just getting started, dude. You ain't seen nothin' yet! :D

Oh, I know...its going to be a LONG, LONG road, which is why I added this part:
Quote:
(it usually is...)

](*,)

May 16th, 2011, 10:14 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:
President O'Dipshit is at it again:
Hot Air wrote:
NYT: White House searching for “plausible theory” by which Libya war won’t soon be illegal
posted at 5:30 pm on May 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

In an alternate reality where anyone still cares about Libya or the War Powers Act, this article is the biggest story in America today. As it is, the president concocts a half-assed legal dodge to avoid even minimal accountability in matters of war and somehow it’s not even on the board at Memeorandum.

Luckily, Congress doesn’t care either or else we might have had quite a tiff on our hands here.

The administration apparently has no intention of pulling out of the Libya campaign, and Mr. Steinberg said that Mr. Obama was committed “to act consistently with the War Powers Resolution.” So the Obama legal team is now trying to come up with a plausible theory for why continued participation by the United States does not violate the law.

A variety of Pentagon and military officials said the issue was in the hands of lawyers, not commanders. Several officials described a few of the ideas under consideration…

By ending all [drone] strike missions for American forces, the argument then could be made that the United States was no longer directly engaged in hostilities in Libya, but only providing support to NATO allies.

Another idea is for the United States to order a complete — but temporary — halt to all of its efforts in the Libya mission. Some lawyers make the case that, after a complete pause, the United States could rejoin the mission with a new 60-day clock.

I like the phrasing about how they’re trying to “come up” with a legal theory to justify a war a few days before the 60-day grace period ends, as if they’re some sort of high school study group brainstorming over pizza the night before a big class presentation is due. And the presentation doesn’t even have to be good — merely “plausible,” sort of in the C-/D+ range. Congress is famously an easy grader.

Hopefully the White House will have some fun with it, just to see how much crap Senate eminences like Kerry — who now admits the war is a stalemate — and McCain are willing to eat. The boldfaced logic in the blockquote is wonderfully surreal, for instance: If you take it seriously, that the president can wage war indefinitely without congressional authorization merely by declaring a formal halt and then a formal re-start to operations every 60 days, then the War Powers Act is a colossal joke. You wouldn’t have to go to court to try to nullify it on separation-of-powers grounds; it’d be effectively defunct, killed by its own weakness as Congress refused to support it. First the economy, then Bin Laden, now the WPA: Say what you will about The One, but when he wants something dead, he knows how to get the job done.

As for how long the mission will go on, apparently that’s entirely up to Qaddafi. He issued a statement today claiming that NATO bombs will never find him, but rumors are swirling that that’s not true.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/13/nyt-white-house-searching-for-plausible-theory-by-which-libya-war-wont-soon-be-illegal/

This isn't new. Every Prsident knows that if you want a 2nd term you have to distract the people from seeing how big of a putz you really are. What better way than with a war?

War=2nd term! (hell if it worked for Bush it can work for ANYBODY!)

May 16th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next