View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Earth Hour! 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Earth Hour!
Steensn, I hate to break this to you, but you are the one who is "detracting from the issue by changing the problem stated to one they can defend that SEEMS related." You see, the title of this thread I started is "Earth Hour", which was created to raise awareness about Global Warming. It was not created to raise awareness about pollution, conservation, or anything else. I know that some people now include those things in Earth Hour, but they are not it's primary purpose. So, stick to the topic, OK? :lol:

April 4th, 2011, 9:15 pm
RIP Killer

Ah, I didn't see it at first because I didn't drill down to the rest of the information. Didn't see climatae change or global warming on th efront page so I didn't associate. You have to dig for that info...

But you know as well as I do that that wasn't exactly what I meant...

April 5th, 2011, 9:55 am
QB Coach

This is about as deep as I was going to search on the Global Warming issue to post somethings so if it doesn't fit, deal with it, and discuss your thoughts under the assumption that GW is a myth or not. Thanks!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

There is a Newsweek article from Apr. 1976 stating the GC or imminent ice age was due to appear.

Now my thinking on this is that 40 years ago we were supposed to be in parkas about now, instead we're in man thongs and bikinis. I am wondering two things:

1. If the earth is going through a cycle of weather change that has happened over the course years?

2. If GW has become the keyword enemy by which world authorities are creating a hyperfear, which is now absorbing our resources, limiting our lifestyles, creating and enforcing unjust regulations, and the one's who are doing the control are outside of the normal realm of placement and replacement.

Remember: "A lie told often enough will eventually become the truth!"

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 16th, 2011, 2:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
There is a Newsweek article from Apr. 1976 stating the GC or imminent ice age was due to appear.

HA! I remember that! The funniest part was when they used animals to support that argument. All the Armadillos we're migrating south in Arizona and Texas! They KNEW the next ice age was comming and they were migrating to mexico!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think I'm making this up?? look it up....hate to say it folks, but we've been dumb about global weather trends for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!!!and it always makes me laugh when the next big idea on possible global....whatever...comes. "Remember the Armadillos" pops in my head and I change the channel!

May 16th, 2011, 4:35 pm
RIP Killer

Funny thing is, no one arguing for it here.

May 16th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

DevilDoc, as I've said before, just follow the money. Many of the same scientists who warned about Global Cooling in the 70's switched over to Global Warming idiocy by the 90's. Now, they try to call it Climate Change, so they can blame man for everything. If it's too cold - it's man's fault. If it's too hot - it's man's fault. If it's too snowy or rainy - it's man's fault. Pure science has gone out the window in order to chase after government grants now. Truth no longer means anything.

May 16th, 2011, 7:50 pm
QB Coach

Wait a minute!!! Don't forget that hole in the ozone layer, we're all going to burn up. Quick let's start mass producing x ray suits, and spf 1,000,000. What's that? Oh it's healed itself, well looky there! Whoda thunk it?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 16th, 2011, 9:21 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:

HA! I remember that! The funniest part was when they used animals to support that argument. All the Armadillos we're migrating south in Arizona and Texas! They KNEW the next ice age was comming and they were migrating to mexico!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think I'm making this up?? look it up....hate to say it folks, but we've been dumb about global weather trends for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!!!and it always makes me laugh when the next big idea on possible global....whatever...comes. "Remember the Armadillos" pops in my head and I change the channel!

Yup, I remember those days. Wasn't that also when it seemed like every other week someone was saying the World was going to end? All these peeps standing on the sidewalk wearing sandwich boards.

May 17th, 2011, 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3