View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Earth Hour! 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
I think we are confusing the "pick up your trash and hug a tree" discussion with the "smogging up the air we breath and killing 15,000 peole a year from our air polution just form coal alone."

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


March 30th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Earth Hour!
It sounds to me like steensn has been living in California too long. He's been brainwashed by the EnviroNazis, but it's not too late for him. Run away now, while you still can! :lol:

The truth is that Global Warming alarmism is a scam. Just follow the money and it becomes evident. I bet you didn't know that climate science professor is now the 10th highest paid occupation in the country. The reason is because of all the grant money they receive to perpetuate the myth. Are they going to deny it's existence or danger, while losing funding in the process? The answer is no. They're just going to "go along to get along" on the gravy train.

The truth is that Anthropogenic Global Warming does indeed exist. However, man's contributions to greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is so insignificant that it's not much of a factor. Did you know that CO2 accounts for 380 parts per million molecules at sea level? That's 0.038%, which is just over 1/3rd of 1%. Of that, the vast majority of CO2 is caused by the act of breathing by both humans and other animals. Man made emmissions only account for about 3% of this total, so if you really want to curtail CO2 emmissions, we really ought to be killing as many animals and humans as possible. I don't feel like doing the math, but 3% of 1/3rd of 1% is what exactly? Insignificant?

The truth is that water vapor represents about 78% of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, while CO2 is just over 10%. Other greenhouse gases include methane, ozone, and nitrous oxide. Remember that man's activities only represent 3% of all CO2. Once again, using the more damning evidence, man made global warming only accounts for 1/3rd of 1% of the total greenhouse gases.

The truth is that reducing our CO2 emmissions really isn't going to do squat to combat global warming. The cap and trade scam would cost trillions (and benefit the global warming alarmists in the process) while only reducing the global temperature by a factor only measurable by a microscope. If they really want to reduce global warming, then they would advocate spending those trillions on water extraction from the atmosphere, which could also benefit agriculture. But, we don't hear that proispect, now do we? That's beacuse the EnviroNazis haven't invested their money in that yet.

The truth to those who scream the loudest is wherever the money is at that particular time. Anybody remember Global Cooling in the 70's? I rest my case.

_________________
Image


April 1st, 2011, 11:09 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2701
Post Re: Earth Hour!
Sly, you're right on that cap&trade and reducing carbon emissions is a scam. But most of the scientific stuff in your post is easily debunked.

Quote:
The truth is that Global Warming alarmism is a scam. Just follow the money and it becomes evident. I bet you didn't know that climate science professor is now the 10th highest paid occupation in the country. The reason is because of all the grant money they receive to perpetuate the myth. Are they going to deny it's existence or danger, while losing funding in the process? The answer is no. They're just going to "go along to get along" on the gravy train.


Just because they get grant money doesn't mean that they're corrupt. And even if it did, virtually all the scientists spouting global warming skepticism are paid by the oil companies. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
The truth is that Anthropogenic Global Warming does indeed exist. However, man's contributions to greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is so insignificant that it's not much of a factor. Did you know that CO2 accounts for 380 parts per million molecules at sea level? That's 0.038%, which is just over 1/3rd of 1%. Of that, the vast majority of CO2 is caused by the act of breathing by both humans and other animals. Man made emmissions only account for about 3% of this total, so if you really want to curtail CO2 emmissions, we really ought to be killing as many animals and humans as possible. I don't feel like doing the math, but 3% of 1/3rd of 1% is what exactly? Insignificant?


http://www.skepticalscience.com/human-c ... ssions.htm

Quote:
The truth is that water vapor represents about 78% of all greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, while CO2 is just over 10%. Other greenhouse gases include methane, ozone, and nitrous oxide. Remember that man's activities only represent 3% of all CO2. Once again, using the more damning evidence, man made global warming only accounts for 1/3rd of 1% of the total greenhouse gases.


http://www.grist.org/article/water-vapo ... se-effect/

Quote:
The truth to those who scream the loudest is wherever the money is at that particular time. Anybody remember Global Cooling in the 70's? I rest my case.


http://www.grist.org/article/they-predi ... the-1970s/


April 2nd, 2011, 4:01 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Earth Hour!
Blueskies, I'm glad to see that you agree that cap & trade is a scam, but I'm gonna have to debunk your debunking without even using Google.

First, I admit that AGW is taking place, as do 96-98% of scientists, but how many of them actually believe in the crap that Al Gore is spewing? I'd like to see that poll.

What is the limit of CO2 absorbtion by the oceans? The fact is that nobody knows, so any assumptions can be laid to rest. The bacteria in the sea will multiply as it's CO2 availabilty becomes more plentiful, thus reducing it's impact. Please relay the scientific equation for that, after factoring in that only 3% of 1/3rd of 1% of it is caused by man.

I'll admit that water vapor has a shorter term effect on GW as opposed to CO2, but why does CO2 add to it's effect? The article you provided even admitted that the system is self-correcting in an off-handed way. So why does any increase in CO2 add to cloud cover when it inevitably will lead to more rain instead? Then factor in the 3% of 1/3rd of 1% and tell me it's significance. Oops. Didn't the global warming idiots say that there would be no more snow in London a decade ago. Guess what happened this year, which was probably the coldest winter in 10 years, but the global warming idiots won't tell you that? You can't have it both ways.

As for the Global Cooling remark, that was just a slap in the face kinda deal. Some of the same idiots who perpetulated that myth have now moved on to global warming. Once again, follow the money, and you'll find out why.

Did I miss something? If anything, I want people to realize that AGW accounts for 3 % of 1 /3rd of a percent toward the atmosphere according to scientists. How significant is that to justify paying hundreds more in your utility costs? Plain and simple, it's a scam, and certain friends of the libtards are getting rich off of it.

_________________
Image


April 2nd, 2011, 7:16 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
You are making my point Sly, it isn't about Global Warming. You can sum it up that simple but it isn't...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 2nd, 2011, 1:04 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Earth Hour!
Steesn,

Here was what I was referring to earlier in that all things will be new:

Revelations 21:1, " 1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."

Revelations 21: 5, " 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Now I understand your point about the damage that is being done to this planet, but I want you to understand that for me, it is far more important to make every attempt to rescue those who bear the image of God, humanity, than it is for me to waste that same effort on trying to save something that 1. will be recreated, 2. those in power and money are destroying for their own greed, and 3. is destined to perish anyway.

Now I also ask that you keep in mind that we have been asked to be good stewards with all that we've been given, and I do my best to do that, but it's the people who bear more importance than the planet. But this is my opinion, that I respectfully submit.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


April 3rd, 2011, 7:24 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
And what I'm saying is that caring for people IS caring for the planet now. We have let is go so far that people are dying now from our pollution. Just because we cannot destroy the planet doesn't mean we can't make if unbearable.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 3rd, 2011, 9:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Earth Hour!
DevilDoc wrote:
Steesn,

Here was what I was referring to earlier in that all things will be new:

Revelations 21:1, " 1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."

Revelations 21: 5, " 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Now I understand your point about the damage that is being done to this planet, but I want you to understand that for me, it is far more important to make every attempt to rescue those who bear the image of God, humanity, than it is for me to waste that same effort on trying to save something that 1. will be recreated, 2. those in power and money are destroying for their own greed, and 3. is destined to perish anyway.

Now I also ask that you keep in mind that we have been asked to be good stewards with all that we've been given, and I do my best to do that, but it's the people who bear more importance than the planet. But this is my opinion, that I respectfully submit.


You've waited over 2,000 years, he ain't coming back! steensn, you understand you a little of the reason why Christianity truly scares me now? Our future doesn't lie in some mythical God's hands, it lies in ours and this kind of irrational thinking is very dangerous...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 3rd, 2011, 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
Nah, you're taking it too far as well. You are just finding reasons in you rmind to fin it scary. Fact is, people are scary. Doesn't matter what they say they believe in or do not believe in we all have the same waked out desires and thoughts. Christians find reasons to not worry about people dying from pollution just like agnostics (sly). Not seeing a real difference here in religion vs dismissal of a problem.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 4th, 2011, 9:21 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Earth Hour!
steensn wrote:
Nah, you're taking it too far as well. You are just finding reasons in you rmind to fin it scary. Fact is, people are scary. Doesn't matter what they say they believe in or do not believe in we all have the same waked out desires and thoughts. Christians find reasons to not worry about people dying from pollution just like agnostics (sly). Not seeing a real difference here in religion vs dismissal of a problem.


I'm not saying the non-believers aren't scary either, but at least their is some rational behind their views which tells me given proper evidence they can be swayed.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 4th, 2011, 9:24 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
I think you are giving them too much credit. You discredit one thought process because you don't agree with it... it's only not rationale in your eyes because you've decided it isn't. Look, Sly and Devil are doing the exact same thing. Say something about the fact we are destroying our quality of life and in some cases someones life and they change the subject to Al Gore. Then they both grab reasoning that fits their ideals to support something. Just because you don't believe in on of them doesn't make it less rational. That is just silly...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 4th, 2011, 10:15 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Earth Hour!
steensn wrote:
I think you are giving them too much credit. You discredit one thought process because you don't agree with it... it's only not rationale in your eyes because you've decided it isn't. Look, Sly and Devil are doing the exact same thing. Say something about the fact we are destroying our quality of life and in some cases someones life and they change the subject to Al Gore. Then they both grab reasoning that fits their ideals to support something. Just because you don't believe in on of them doesn't make it less rational. That is just silly...


One is based on science, the other is based on awaiting the return of someone who hasn't come back in over 2,000 years. I know my thinking on these things completely changed as soon as I had kids. I also know that if science backed up global warning my point of view would have changed as well.

I think there is a much greater chance of things like this happening for others than waiting for Jesus to return. Call that silly if you wish. Sure I discredit one line of thought because I don't agree with it, I'm certainly not willing to bet my kids and their kids future on it - as a believer are you?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 4th, 2011, 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2795
Post Re: Earth Hour!
I think it's ironic that the idea to save energy by turning off everything actually just wastes more. The way the energy grid is designed the energy that isn't used just goes off to be wasted. Its not stored. The system is so antiquated that if you really wanted to fix the energy issues in this country, just redesigning the grid and adding ways to store excess electricity for those times when there's a bigger need, would outweigh every "green" scheme out there. The same amount of electricity is generated around the clock. Design a battery system that recharges and place those within the grid to deal with the times that there's a bigger drain (extreme winter and extreme summer) and when you have enough of them, you could shut down the power plants for a day or 2 and really save energy. Right now, its literally, just a waste.


April 4th, 2011, 10:59 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
Pablo wrote:
One is based on science, the other is based on awaiting the return of someone who hasn't come back in over 2,000 years. I know my thinking on these things completely changed as soon as I had kids. I also know that if science backed up global warning my point of view would have changed as well.


No, it is a personal ideal to not care about pollution MASKED by Global Warming debate. Just because Sly goes "science doesn't support Global Warming" everytime you say coal plants are killin 13,000 people a year for respetory problems doesn't give him any more fo a pass than Devil who says the SAME thing then adds a claim that we cannot destroy the planet. Devil starts out with the same "science doesn't prove Global Warming" distraction just like Sly does. Just because he adds some personal beliefs to it doesn't detract from that like you want it to. Devil has stated the science part in the past, let's not detract from his whole view to focus on one area.

Both are detracting from the isue by changing the problem stated to one they can defend that SEEMS related. Both are illogically finding reasons to take the focuc off the issue. None of it has to do with religion.

Pablo wrote:
I think there is a much greater chance of things like this happening for others than waiting for Jesus to return. Call that silly if you wish. Sure I discredit one line of thought because I don't agree with it, I'm certainly not willing to bet my kids and their kids future on it - as a believer are you?


I am willing to get that we won't destroy the Earth before God ordains. That does not mean we cannot make part or a whole of the Earth unlivable or unsafe. We already have places that are unlivable or unsafe, which some here seem to want to ignore so they don't have to modify their lifestyle. It is irrelevent what they want to masqarade their desires as, it is just a mask to cover what they intend to do anyways. Religion isn't the reason for these beliefs and neither is science, for either one. They are simply what they grab hold of as a veil to not feel responcable for issues we are now currently facing.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 4th, 2011, 11:02 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Earth Hour!
njroar wrote:
I think it's ironic that the idea to save energy by turning off everything actually just wastes more. The way the energy grid is designed the energy that isn't used just goes off to be wasted. Its not stored. The system is so antiquated that if you really wanted to fix the energy issues in this country, just redesigning the grid and adding ways to store excess electricity for those times when there's a bigger need, would outweigh every "green" scheme out there. The same amount of electricity is generated around the clock. Design a battery system that recharges and place those within the grid to deal with the times that there's a bigger drain (extreme winter and extreme summer) and when you have enough of them, you could shut down the power plants for a day or 2 and really save energy. Right now, its literally, just a waste.


Incorrect, you have to balance loads on the grid or it goes crazy with issues. But you are half right for a different reasons. Technically, if a few people here or there turn down lights for a short period of time it really won't do much to help, that is true. The difference would be so small the impact is unnoticable overall. In fact, because of the design of the power plant, coal plants cannot react to these small changes and regulate their power output. What happens is the fast changing power plants like wind, solar, gas turbines, bio, etc. are the first to react to balance the load because they can regulate their output quickly and in small steps. A coal or nuclear plant is either on or off. So even if you got enough people to make a dent, you hit the wrong power plants to make the difference you wanted.

To make a real difference you really need to have a larger goup of people stop using as much power over a longer period of time (A real life change not some hypocritical short period crap). The utilities have to balance the supply and demand of the grid to keep it stable. If one goes too high or too low the frequency starts to shift, brown-outs can occur, etc. The utilities adjust their power generation based on historical statistics for time of day and time of the year to get as close as possible then adjust as needed if there is a large enough imbalance.

Coal and nuclear restrict the grids ability to do this because they are either on or off or very slow reacting. Great for main power generation, but horrible for keeping a clean grid. You NEED gas, bio, and wind to have the capacity to do frequency support, dynamic VAR compensation, curtailment and ramp rate for active power, etc. Without these other plants on your grid pumping out the same power generation at all times would create such an unstable grid that you'd never be able to keep the power flowing.

I'm working on a smart grid type interface system for our wind turbines, fun stuff...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 4th, 2011, 11:16 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.