View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Randy Paul, Crappers, and CFL's 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Randy Paul, Crappers, and CFL's
Respin your spin? No need, it is nonsense.

How do I know, because there have been ZERO deaths related to a CFL fire and CFL's have a 16% market share nationally while traditional bulbs holding the rest has caused numerous deaths each year because they are inherently unsafe during operation and not some special failure.

You can't spin facts, you have been proven wrong at every turn...

May 21st, 2011, 10:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

If you really want to save electricity, rather than using those corkscrew bulbs, you should use LED lighting. They have none of the safety concerns that the cork screw bulbs have and use less than half of the electricity.

May 21st, 2011, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

And they cost $40 a pop... you can't force something that isn't feasible for the marketplace.

And you means safety concerns that all other light bulbs have right?

May 21st, 2011, 10:56 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

steensn wrote:
Respin your spin? No need, it is nonsense.

How do I know, because there have been ZERO deaths related to a CFL fire and CFL's have a 16% market share nationally while traditional bulbs holding the rest has caused numerous deaths each year because they are inherently unsafe during operation and not some special failure.

You can't spin facts, you have been proven wrong at every turn...

Perhaps in your own delusional mind I have. :lol:

The facts are that CFLs are a fire hazard, as well as a mercury hazard. There's no denying this unless you live on the unicorn ranch in fantasy land. No matter how much you want them to be safe to promote your environmental agenda, they simply aren't.

May 22nd, 2011, 8:19 am
RIP Killer

They are less of a hazard than the common product on the market in terms of mercury released to the consumer from usage and fire deaths from usage.

Sorry Sly, there is no BSing around this one.

May 22nd, 2011, 10:05 am

But mercury discharged from a coal plant isn't released directly into a home. Mercury released from a broken CFL bulb is. Big difference there. It's kinda like lead paint and abestos, come to think about it. :lol:

May 26th, 2011, 12:55 am
RIP Killer

You wish, you can open your doors and let it out without an incident. There is less mercury in those bulbs than a thermometer, it would take 125-750 bulbs to equal the amount of a typical thermometer. It isn't enough to be concerned about is the point. It is false danger... if you want a problem break a hundred or more on you in a closed room and breath deep. Other than that... you're making an issue out of something that actually helps reduce the amout of mercury in the environment and therefore we will be exposed to.

May 26th, 2011, 11:02 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Quote:
You wish, you can open your doors and let it out without an incident.

You can do the same thing with cigarette smoke too, you seem to think that that seems to be a big deal...just saying it looks like a double standard on your part
[-X

May 27th, 2011, 10:58 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
You wish, you can open your doors and let it out without an incident.

You can do the same thing with cigarette smoke too, you seem to think that that seems to be a big deal...just saying it looks like a double standard on your part
[-X

Except cig smoke is on purpose and constant and a minor amount of mercury released from and accident ad liekly a one time incident. If they continually leaked mercury and then caused clear problems I would change my stance. Yo think it is a double standard because you are not looking at me REASONS because you simply don't care. Clearly cig smoke is something ONLY the smoker is making a choice to do and has been proven over time to cause cancer. These bulbs do not cause mercury poisoning and if dropped on accident, one time incidents, you can clear the danger out. Overall, these will REDUCE the amont of mercury we come in contact with so a LARGE NET GAIN is clearly in my favor.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense objections at this point trying to weasle "gotcha" reasons that simply have no logic of forethough behind them. If you just want to not like them just say it, but don't try and force bad arguments and issues that even HURT your reason for not liking them.

May 27th, 2011, 12:19 pm

ok once again...

Quote:
has been proven over time to cause cancer

if yer referring to 2nd hand...NO it has NOT been proven..it's a theory..not a law. FACT

And why is it when ever you are rebuttled the argument is ALWAYS "nonsensical" "Garbage" "jibber jabber"? you say others need to open their mind??? look in the mirror next time you say that brother....

May 27th, 2011, 3:51 pm
I thought mercury thermometers were already banned for medical use (basically, human use), and their only real application was for science classes, etc.?

May 27th, 2011, 6:21 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
ok once again...

Quote:
has been proven over time to cause cancer

if yer referring to 2nd hand...NO it has NOT been proven..it's a theory..not a law. FACT

And why is it when ever you are rebuttled the argument is ALWAYS "nonsensical" "Garbage" "jibber jabber"? you say others need to open their mind??? look in the mirror next time you say that brother....

Joe, chill out. I'm not budging on second hand smoke, it is crystal clear, I showed how clear it was with list of proof every time you asked a question. Keep detracting from the issue we are talking bout by bringing up a DIFFERENT topic all you want, but the fact is the CFL's are clearly safer than traditional light bulbs in every way and work better... FACT. If you want to bring up a different topic when backed into a corner like this "2nd hand smoke don't hurt nobody crap" be my guest but the fact is CFL's are still obvious replacements to traditional light bulbs and should be used in almost all cases to reduce the demand on the grid.

I'm not asking you to "open your mind" I'm asking you to look at the facts not your opinion.

May 29th, 2011, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I thought mercury thermometers were already banned for medical use (basically, human use), and their only real application was for science classes, etc.?

Not sure, but they are available for home use at many stores with significantly more mercury than a CFL. They are not deemed dangerous and clearly the CFL's don't contain enough to be an issue.

May 29th, 2011, 10:57 am

Texas is on the verge of passing a bill which would allow their state to manufacture and sell incandescent light bulbs. They get it, while the federal government does not. If you want to "save the planet", then buy the new bulbs. If you don't, then buy the old ones. It's your choice.

June 16th, 2011, 1:19 am

if it's my choice Ill buy the new ones...if it's not, give me the old ones by the case please. ( im a defiant jerk like that!)

June 16th, 2011, 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next