View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this punk? 
Author Message
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2631
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Quote:
Oh brother... here we go. "Christian, did you say something about Christian. Whatever it is, it can't be good and I'll come up with some ignorant reasonw why!"

If you want to boil down Christian to being "those who can't hack it so they jump inot something else" then you are again missing the whole point of Christianity. Some of the most talented musicians stay within Christian music specifically, even with the potential for greater things, because they feel they need to sing about God and not how big someones boobs are.

In fact, some bans choose not to label themselves in that because of this biased AGAINST it for no apparent reason.


Thanks for not reading the post.

I have no bias against Christian music. I'm a huge fan of Thrice, and about 50% of their songs have blatant Christian undertones. So don't jump to the "OMG he hates everything Christ related".

But most artists who explicitly put their music in the "Christian rock" genre are hacks, and I'm sticking to that. The people who listen to that genre of music will like a band just because of the content of its lyrics, not its musical quality.


April 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Good post Pablo... anyone see his YouTube? He is a better drummer than most adults I've seen at the age of 3. Kid is sick talented... he just needs to make better music, which might come with age.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 11th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
BillySims wrote:
Image

This punk is desperate to look kool and fails badly at it.
His music just stinks.
That is the gayest hair do ever put on a guy.
It looks like he combs his hair by sticking his head in a toilet and flushing. LOL.

And my youngest daughter can't quit talking about this punk.


BTW - lets compare the look to four guys from Liverpool who revolutionized the music industry nearly 50 years ago.

Image

yeah, thought so...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 11th, 2011, 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Blueskies wrote:
Thanks for not reading the post.

I have no bias against Christian music. I'm a huge fan of Thrice, and about 50% of their songs have blatant Christian undertones. So don't jump to the "OMG he hates everything Christ related".

But most artists who explicitly put their music in the "Christian rock" genre are hacks, and I'm sticking to that. The people who listen to that genre of music will like a band just because of the content of its lyrics, not its musical quality.


Here is the issue, you are not making a claim based on actual facts. You tell me how you can even provide facts that bands decide to move to the "Christian" genre just because they can't seem to make it in the "Mainstream?" How does that even make sense and doesn't represent the bands you are even refereing to. It is conjecture, not based on actual knowledge, but on nothing more than a biased opinion.

How can you claim I didn't read your post then say this:

"But most artists who explicitly put their music in the "Christian rock" genre are hacks, and I'm sticking to that." Just because you like band that has blaintent Christian undertones doesn't mean anything. I don't like Thrice's music... but love Red Hot Chili Peppers. You are confusing STYLE with talent, which is crap. Praise and Worship music, which dominates the Christian music scene IS different style. You simply at worst don't like it, it has nothing to do with talent.

The reason I call bias is because you go beyond simply not liking the music and saying they are not good musicians. You are taking it beyond what would be common and provable to saying that artist go into it because they suck. That is nonsense.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 11th, 2011, 6:37 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
I honestly couldn't name a single song that Justin Beiber sings. I've probably heard a few of his songs in an elevator or something, but never knew who actually sang that crap. When I listen to music, it's usually WRIF or 89X and I don't think he's on their playlists. :cheers:

_________________
Image


April 11th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3755
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
slybri19 wrote:
I honestly couldn't name a single song that Justin Beiber sings. I've probably heard a few of his songs in an elevator or something, but never knew who actually sang that crap. When I listen to music, it's usually WRIF or 89X and I don't think he's on their playlists. :cheers:


2nd!! loudly. Up here I got the radio locked on the Banana (Flint's version of the wrif).

And I have to ask, as I saw it in TWO posts earlier....what in friggen oopa loompa hell does dancing have anything to do with your tallent as a musician??? Last I checked the root word for musician was MUSIC. the root word for dancers is STEENS. see the difference?? (sorry couldn't resist)

musical tallent has nothing to do with dancing ability. those who cant play....dance. those who cant dance....play. Those very few who can do both...molest children or worse, think Dennis Rodman is a good dating prospect!

Seriously though...There a great big picture above of 4 guys who didn't dance right above this, but EVERYONE above the age of 16 knows their music. people like Tom Petty, Bruce Springstein, Maynard Keenan, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, and..(well I think I pretty much hit enough different genres to get my point across). Who is going to tell me that they arn't as tallented with music cuz they didn't do a good robot?

For entertainers, like rap stars and pop music where the voices are all run through synthisizers, and the music is all pre-recorded, go ahead and place an emphasis on dancing. But for MUSIC? real live on the spot music? please, don't do the musicians the injustice of compairing the two.

And I think I've read enough about this "Just in Sieder" kid to know that Im glad to not know him.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 12th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
regularjoe12 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
I honestly couldn't name a single song that Justin Beiber sings. I've probably heard a few of his songs in an elevator or something, but never knew who actually sang that crap. When I listen to music, it's usually WRIF or 89X and I don't think he's on their playlists. :cheers:


2nd!! loudly. Up here I got the radio locked on the Banana (Flint's version of the wrif).

And I have to ask, as I saw it in TWO posts earlier....what in friggen oopa loompa hell does dancing have anything to do with your tallent as a musician??? Last I checked the root word for musician was MUSIC. the root word for dancers is STEENS. see the difference?? (sorry couldn't resist)

musical tallent has nothing to do with dancing ability. those who cant play....dance. those who cant dance....play. Those very few who can do both...molest children or worse, think Dennis Rodman is a good dating prospect!

Seriously though...There a great big picture above of 4 guys who didn't dance right above this, but EVERYONE above the age of 16 knows their music. people like Tom Petty, Bruce Springstein, Maynard Keenan, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, and..(well I think I pretty much hit enough different genres to get my point across). Who is going to tell me that they arn't as tallented with music cuz they didn't do a good robot?

For entertainers, like rap stars and pop music where the voices are all run through synthisizers, and the music is all pre-recorded, go ahead and place an emphasis on dancing. But for MUSIC? real live on the spot music? please, don't do the musicians the injustice of compairing the two.

And I think I've read enough about this "Just in Sieder" kid to know that Im glad to not know him.

That's fine. I wasn't saying dancing ability gives you musical ability.

The fact is the kid DOES have musical ability. He plays the piano, the drums, and he sings. Like I said, I'm not a fan, but I can recognize talent. There are many other musicians who I am not a fan of, but are very musically talented.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


April 12th, 2011, 6:38 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7315
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Blueskies wrote:
Christian rock= talented?

Lol?

Most Christian rockers are hack musicians who can't cut it, so they switch to Christian rock because their talent doesn't matter in the genre.

There are some talented Christian rock groups, but most of them don't refer to themselves as Christian rockers. Take Thrice, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNSaxZqw24



Talented = Making a good song that is inspiring and uplifting and has an all around positive message and has a great tune to it.

That means Christian Rock? Secular music can't produce that?


April 12th, 2011, 7:59 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7315
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
Oh brother... here we go. "Christian, did you say something about Christian. Whatever it is, it can't be good and I'll come up with some ignorant reasonw why!"

If you want to boil down Christian to being "those who can't hack it so they jump inot something else" then you are again missing the whole point of Christianity. Some of the most talented musicians stay within Christian music specifically, even with the potential for greater things, because they feel they need to sing about God and not how big someones boobs are.

In fact, some bans choose not to label themselves in that because of this biased AGAINST it for no apparent reason.


Thanks for not reading the post.

I have no bias against Christian music. I'm a huge fan of Thrice, and about 50% of their songs have blatant Christian undertones. So don't jump to the "OMG he hates everything Christ related".

But most artists who explicitly put their music in the "Christian rock" genre are hacks, and I'm sticking to that. The people who listen to that genre of music will like a band just because of the content of its lyrics, not its musical quality.


That is full of crap. There are several Christian Bands that I don't care for. Like Third Day and Owl City. And I have never heard of Thrice. I guess they just can't cut it on a real Christian music station. Maybe the "Christian Undertone" isn't very Christian? I don't know.


April 12th, 2011, 8:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7315
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Image

This punk is desperate to look kool and fails badly at it.
His music just stinks.
That is the gayest hair do ever put on a guy.
It looks like he combs his hair by sticking his head in a toilet and flushing. LOL.

And my youngest daughter can't quit talking about this punk.


BTW - lets compare the look to four guys from Liverpool who revolutionized the music industry nearly 50 years ago.

Image

yeah, thought so...


And I didn't like the Beatles either. John Lennon was a Commy. Just listen to the lyrics of Imagine. He is singing about the glory of a good communist world.


April 12th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7315
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
Man, I posted this thread mostly in jest. My statement at the end of the 1st post in this thread should have let you all know I mostly kidding.

Quote:
And my youngest daughter can't quit talking about this punk.


I guess I needed to put a bunch of these :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: to clue you guys in.


April 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11968
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
BillySims wrote:
And I didn't like the Beatles either. John Lennon was a Commy. Just listen to the lyrics of Imagine. He is singing about the glory of a good communist world.

Really? THATs what you get out of that song? Mmmkay.... Interesting...
I had always thought it was pretty much about a "Utopian" society, not a political one of any sort...after all it does ask us to "Imagine" a world without borders and religions (arguably 2 of the biggest reasons for conflict in the World)

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


April 13th, 2011, 10:32 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
I'm with Wags on the meaning. It seems that the ideas of a utopian society are also the ideals of an ideal communist society, doesn't mean he wanted communism as we saw it in the USSR. It seemed clear he was going for the same thing as the other hippie songs of the time...

The Beatles made great music.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 13th, 2011, 10:58 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
steensn wrote:
The Beatles made great music.


But a little Billy wanted to punch those four talentless punks out as well.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 13th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Is it just me? Or does anyone else want to punch this pu
There is a diffference between talent and desired style opinions...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 13th, 2011, 1:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.