View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Donald Trump for Prez? 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Donald Trump for Prez?
Personally, I don't want the guy anywhere near the White House, but I love what he's doing now by bringing up the Birth Certificate issue. I think Obama was born in Hawaii, but there are reasons to believe otherwise. The real issue is why is Obama spending $2M on legal fees to hide his birth certificate? There is something on there that he doesn't want people to see. Otherwise, he would just release the long form certificate and be done with it. I appreciate Trump bringing this issue to the forefront and hope that he can get to the bottom of it once and for all. I think I know what it is, but I'll see if any of you can figure it out.

As for Trump himself, he always has been and always will be all about "The Donald". He wants to run as a Republican, but has spent an equal amount for Democratic and Republican campaigns in the past. BTW, he was a huge Hillary supporter. Although it's not an issue for me, he was pro-choice before he became pro-life, and has flip-flopped on a number of other issues over the years.

With that said, he is rising in the polls and some have him in 2nd place for the Rep. primary. I won't vote for him in the primary, but I know that I would vote for Trump (or a wet noodle) over Obama in the General though.

What says Lionbacker?

April 14th, 2011, 12:23 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Donald Trump for Prez?
Trump is popular in the polls right now because of the Ross Perot effect. He hasn't actually taken a hard position on most issues. He's just saying the right things to an angry public. Perot did the same thing in 92, but his support ultimately went by the way side when he actually articulated his plan.

Anyway, Trump isn't much of a Republican, as you said. Most of his rhetoric is misguided. I wouldn't vote for him. I'd abstain from the general election like I did last time, if it gets down to Obama v Trump, but I don't think it will.

April 14th, 2011, 2:11 am

From a business standpoint, people focus on the positives, but ignore the negatives. Its a plus that he has brought himself back after numerous bankruptcies, but the negatives are that he's had so many bankruptcies.

For President, he's a bad choice. For treasury secretary, i'd approve him in a heartbeat.

April 14th, 2011, 11:51 am
QB Coach

It's because his father was the devil and he doesn't want anyone to know it. :twisted:

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 15th, 2011, 11:32 am
RIP Killer

Bankruptcy, he will fit right into DC. From a positive standpoint, we will have the hottest first lady in history!

Perhaps he can run as an independent. That said, I think he will be much too polarizing to have a chance but he could influence the outcome.

April 15th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

As for Obama's Birth Certificate, when it was brought up around election time, I thought it was BS and fully believed that Obama was born in Hawaii. Now here we are a couple fo years later and the man still refuses to show the public his birth certificate??? I hate to get dragged into these types of discussions, but it is very possible that this is cover up, especially with him trying so hard to keep it a secret. :-k

April 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm
RIP Killer

I'm over the BS thing... time to move on.

Trump... ew...

April 15th, 2011, 9:57 pm
I hope he runs independent. I think he would steal more Democrat votes than GOP votes. That said, I DO NOT want him running on the GOP ticket. I think he would be a joke and a failure of a nomination. I think the Dems would do themselves a favor to hold back on the negative campaigning of Trump until after the primary, and then hit him with all of the big guns of all of the gaffes that he's had over his lengthy career.

I really hope the next GOP candidate is more of a budget-minded, traditional conservative (Tea Partyesque), than one of these neo-cons that bring up all kinds of social/religious issues.

April 16th, 2011, 1:28 am

wjb, I have to disagree with you about Trump running as an Independent. He may have drawn more Democrat votes a couple of years ago, but not any longer. He has now stated that he is Pro-Life, anti gay marriage, for gun rights, and wants to repeal Obamacare. How many Dems would vote for him based on those issues?

I'm now going to state why I think Obama is hiding his birth certificate and school records. This may be complete BS, but he's definitely trying to hide something, so here goes:

I'm atleast 90% sure that he was born in Hawaii and has a long form birth certificate on file in that state. However, Hawaiian state law requires the original BC to be edited if that individual legally changed their name. In the late 60's, Obama's mother remarried and her husband adopted Barack. His name was then legally changed to Barry Soetoro and that is the name now listed on his BC.

He continued to use that name until his early years of college, but at some point, he decided that Barack Obama sounded more African-American and would be better for his career. Therefore, he began using his birth name instead of his legal name at the time. Now, here's the kicker: there is no evidence that he legally changed his name back to Barack Obama, so he is still technically Barry Soetoro.

There's also rumors of him getting college aid as a foreign student and then there's the issue with his Social Security Number(s). His current SSN is reserved for residents of Connecticut, but there's no proof that he ever lived there. Worse yet, the same SSN was issued to a guy in the late 1800's and Obama began using it after he died. There's also evidence that he has used multiple SSN's over the years. Isn't most of this stuff illegal? And why won't the libtard media report and/or investigate most of it?

If Trump only does one thing during the 2012 campaign, I hope that he gets to the bottom of Obama's secretive past once and for all. The American people deserve to know the truth.

April 16th, 2011, 7:20 am
Sly, I don't think any of the old cusses that generally vote Republican would get behind a "new" "hip" candidate like Trump. Obama won because of an ignorant youth vote that I HIGHLY doubt will back him again. If the "kids" show up at the polls they would vote for the trendy Trump over Obama. That's my thinking anyhow.

Trump may be saying all the right things now, but he was pro-choice before he was anti-abortion. He has spoken out against guns in the past. He has taken liberal stances about gay marriage and has even been pictured in drag with Rudy Guliani. I don't think he will be able to convince traditional GOP voters that he is serious about his "new found" Republican values.

April 16th, 2011, 10:59 am
NFL Team Captain

Donald Trump is a joke. While I think he is a shrewd business man, in no way do I think Donald Trump is Presidential material. Obama is a better candidate than Trump and I hate Obama! Unfortunately, if it came down to Trump and Obama for President, I would end up voting for Obama to keep Trump out of the seat. I also just threw up in my mouth for saying that! :-&

April 16th, 2011, 11:09 am
RIP Killer

Sly, make it 95%... half of what you threw up has been proven wrong...

Hawaii presented a certificate of live birth for Obama, a copy has been floating around on a lot fo shows and on the internet. Snopes confirms that it is real, good source who does the homework:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi ... ficate.asp

There is no conspiracy theory on this like some Back to the Future, Terminator scenario making sure some poor/random/mixed race baby (in 1961 that would have been a death sentence for maybe even sustaining a decent job for goodness sake let alone being th enext president) had all the right certificates in place to fool us today. No one is worried about whether their son or daugther will be an American President and go through lengths to do so. There is more than enough well put together clear cut evidence that he was in fact BORN in Hawaii which is all we need to confirm that he in fact meets the constitutional requirement fopr being president.

Even though I don't agree on his stances, President Obama has one heck of a life story and paved the way for many to follow. He should get credit for doing what he has done not be constaintly attacted with obviously biased allegations. Do I want him as president, absolutaly not, but we shouldn't trump up rumors that it is all some conspiracy trumped up in 1961 like he's some Manchurian candidate or something spawned by the Terminator... he's legit.

Now let's get back to focusing on why he shouldn't be President... his policy.

April 16th, 2011, 2:03 pm
A Certificate of Birth is NOT a Birth Certificate. It is not as official, it does not have a state stamp on it, and it was issued 7-8 days after his birth day. In some states you cannot get a drivers license with a "Certificate of Birth" as they are not a recognized official piece of identification. Obama has spent $2 million hiding this thing, why? What troubles me is there doesn't seem to be an application process or back ground check to be the President. Everyone knows that Arnold can't be Pres because he was born in Austria or something like that, but it is common knowledge. For people that are unknown it doesn't seem that there is a process to check them out... They win the primary, they have the nomination. That is ridiculous.

April 16th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Quote:
I don't think he will be able to convince traditional GOP voters that he is serious about his "new found" Republican values.

Watch the O'Reilly interview. Its so obvious.

I too, think that Obama may be trying to hide something. His name, his religion. I don't know. Nor do I care.

He's a terrible president, he has a horrendous ideology. Thats reason enough not to elect him.

I'll throw this out there: I think the constitution should be amended to allow people not born in this country to become President, anyway. Obviously, there ought to be a requirement that the person must've be a citizen for decades but really, does it matter what geographical region a candidate's mother was when she popped the candidate out?

April 16th, 2011, 5:09 pm

steensn wrote:
Sly, make it 95%... half of what you threw up has been proven wrong...

Did you even read my post? You're arguing that Obama was born in Hawaii and I'm not really disputing that. What I'm saying is that he is attempting to hide something on his long form Birth Certificate, or else he would have released it already. A Certification of Live Birth is not the same thing and would not be updated under Hawaiian state law if he legally changed his name. The "theory" about his legal name that I posted above has not been "proven wrong".

April 17th, 2011, 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next