View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 3:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Osama Bin Laden killed 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I understand the point, but I think the intelligence that we could have gotten out of him would have been interesting. However, it shows a striking contrast to GWB's desire to "bring them all to justice," and his willingness to use a Court or Military Tribunal to do it. There is something to be said for the legitimacy and respect for the rule of law under GWB's process. I'm not saying that he is always right, and I'm not his biggest fan, but I do think that it is odd that Obama, the guy that is on the "side of the law," domestic trials, "closing Gitmo" (in quotes because he has reversed his position on this), etc. went in with a shoot first mentality.


It's the only damn thing the guy hasn't gotten right since he went into office....

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


May 10th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2828
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
And to think he waffled on it for 16 hours. If Osama had somehow slipped away during that time, imagine the backlash. He only saw a 3pt rise in approval rating with him getting Osama. People still hold Clinton accountable for not getting Osama when he had a chance in the late 90's after the Cole bombing.


May 10th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
I wonder if they will have to take away his Nobel Peace Prize now?

You would think if you ordered a hit on someone, well that doesn't represent "peace" very well...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 10th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I understand the point, but I think the intelligence that we could have gotten out of him would have been interesting. However, it shows a striking contrast to GWB's desire to "bring them all to justice," and his willingness to use a Court or Military Tribunal to do it. There is something to be said for the legitimacy and respect for the rule of law under GWB's process. I'm not saying that he is always right, and I'm not his biggest fan, but I do think that it is odd that Obama, the guy that is on the "side of the law," domestic trials, "closing Gitmo" (in quotes because he has reversed his position on this), etc. went in with a shoot first mentality.


It's the only damn thing the guy hasn't gotten right since he went into office....



Yes and no... I love the harshness and violence that we used to take out our most wanted enemy, but there are other ways we could have went about it.


I wouldn't have minded seeing UBL stuck on that aircraft carrier, injected full of sodium pentothol (truth serum), and forced to spill his guts about what he was involved with, what he knew, and how he went about doing it... and have this humanized version of this "traitor" spilling vital information to the "enemy" shown all over the Middle East, and then ultimately put to death by a trial of law.


May 10th, 2011, 4:30 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
Or perhaps they should have videotaped him being sodomized by a pig before putting a bullet in his head. I'm evil like that. :lol:

_________________
Image


May 10th, 2011, 10:02 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
slybri19 wrote:
Or perhaps they should have videotaped him being sodomized by a pig before putting a bullet in his head. I'm evil like that. :lol:


If anyone could find that video on the web, it would be you.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


May 11th, 2011, 9:36 am
Profile
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
Now UBLs son is suing the U.S.A. for not giving his father a trial...


May 11th, 2011, 10:33 am
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Now UBLs son is suing the U.S.A. for not giving his father a trial...


Simple solution......can you guess what it is?

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


May 12th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3911
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
oh oh oh! would it ba a little more of
Quote:
perhaps they should have videotaped him being sodomized by a pig before putting a bullet in his head.


[-o< :mrgreen:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 12th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
slybri19 wrote:
Or perhaps they should have videotaped him being sodomized by a pig before putting a bullet in his head. I'm evil like that. :lol:


Like your thinking! :twisted:

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


May 12th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
I'm actually much worse than that. Instead of cleaning his body prior to burial, I would have had the military working dogs urinate on him. You see, Muslims don't think very highly of dogs either, so it's fitting. Then I would have shoved a pork chop down his throat before launching him out to sea via the aircraft carrier's catapult system with every sailor shooting at his corpse as it leaves the deck. Bye bye, a-hole!

_________________
Image


May 13th, 2011, 12:43 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
I've said this for a long time:

1. Proposed Cordoba Mosque in New York: Donald Trump should fund a restaurant, "All things Pork" and I'll run it if he wishes. It will be blowing exhaust on the mosque all day long, if I have to burn bacon to do it. Guess where my pork grease is going? Oops!

2. Instead of dropping bombs, start spraying pork by products. This accomplishes two things, Pork farming goes through the roof, (jobs) collateral damage is eliminated, no one dies. I would show factories that are taking pork products and boiling it down to make a slurry that won't cause disease, and then start spraying known TERROR hidehouts.

3. POW's are switched to a meal of pork rinds, bacon, and crestor, (got to watch out for their cholesterol)

4. Do away with Politically Correct thinking, petition Congress for a law that makes it illegal for PC language and teaching. We've become mindless and spineless because of this crap.

As far as OBL, he was given a decent burial, although he didn't deserve it, but I would have had a Christian Chaplain do the services and not muslim. Ooops!

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 13th, 2011, 8:43 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
DevilDoc wrote:
4. Do away with Politically Correct thinking, petition Congress for a law that makes it illegal for PC language and teaching. We've become mindless and spineless because of this crap.


Why do you think I spew as much Politically Incorrect nonsense as possible? The PC Mind Cops out there are trying to convince people that they must toe the PC line or face consequences. This scares people into abiding by their rules. I attempt to prove otherwise on a daily basis.

To further illustrate your point about political correctness going awry, a Massachussetts schoolboy wasn't allowed to display his drawing of the American flag in class because it might offend some students. WTF? If a student in the US is offended by the American flag, then they need to be deported or shot in the head. My last four words were an example of me purposely beingPolitically Incorrect, but it isn't actually far from the truth. I would drop the kid in the ocean off of Cape Cod, point him in the direction of Cuba, and tell him to start swimming. Whether he makes it or not would not be my concern.

_________________
Image


May 13th, 2011, 10:43 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
I too, am sick of the political correctness movement in this country. It seems like every week a term that is commonplace can no longer be used because someone will be offended by it. Bullshit! The idea that if I say something and someone is offended by it, even if the manner in which I say it and the context of what I am saying is not intended to be offensive, makes me the bad guy is absolutely, 100% ridiculous. That being the case, I can say that I am offended by someone calling me a gentlemen, because I think a "gentle" man is a homosexual, and therefore I am offended by that.

It's ridiculous and ignorant and it's the new American way of life.....become offended and try to cash in on it. It sickens me. I heard something the other day about a guy in Europe getting upset because someone was singing the song "Kung Fu Fighting" and the lyrics said "there were funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown", and the guy was offended because he happened to be Chinese. And........? How is the term Chinaman offensive? How can you get upset at someone singing a song like that? The reason.....political correctness in America having taken wings and gone global.

So, you want a solution......when someone says "I'm offended by that" punch them in the mouth, tell them to shut the phuck up, and see if that is somehow less offensive to the whining crybaby prick.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


May 16th, 2011, 9:03 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden killed
Not to get up on a stage or anything but I found this to be interesting.


In the PC realm we can't speak out because we might offend someone. Mankind is now Humankind, and so on. But have you ever gone to a restaurant and sat down for a nice meal with your family, only to hear the f bomb, or any other number of swear words as part of the normal vocabulary.

What happened to the days of picking your chin off the sidewalk because your dad just gave you a "pop" for swearing in front of a lady, let alone spitting. Now you can even tell who the "ladies" are in some cases, and if you have to tell someone you are, you probably aint.

just a thought

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.