View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cheerleader must compensate school ... 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Cheerleader must compensate school ...
UK Lion, I agree with your take on this, but you don't know the full story. The rape charges against the basketball player were dropped and he plead guilty to misdemeanor assault. It was a he said/she said type of situation. Maybe he did it or maybe she made it up, but the jury never convicted him of rape. If they had, he never should have been allowed back on the basketball court, but that wasn't the case.

May 7th, 2011, 1:35 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Cheerleader must compensate school ...
My take is that the kid should have NEVER been allowed on the basketball team to begin with. That said, the girl is wrong. As was said, being on the cheer squad is not an inherent right for anyone, and the understanding is that you are cheering for the team and ALL of its members. When she knew he was on the team, she should have not joined.

I don't agree with how the school has handled things. Were I a parent of a student attending there, I'd find another school, regardless of I had a son or daughter there/

Then again, if it were my daughter, it wouldn't have been an issue, because the kid would be pushing up daisies right now.

May 7th, 2011, 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2