View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 3:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday? 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Hey, did you all know that after this Saturday there's going to be a lot more room on Mother Earth?

ABC News wrote:
May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?

By SUSANNA KIM
May 17, 2011

Wondering about the fate of your pets after Judgment Day? Well, for $135, a loving atheist will care for your animal if you're not around anymore.

Eternal Earthbound Pets offers a service to rescue and take care of pets once their owners have been taken away to the heavenly realms. Though doomsayers say this Saturday will be the latest day of reckoning that's not expected to leave animals behind either.

Bart Centre of New Hampshire, co-owner of the pet business, launched it in June 2009. He has zero belief in Judgment Day, but began to see an increase in sales inquiries in December, which, he believes, is related to Family Radio's heavy marketing campaign around the May 21 date.

The retired retail executive said he has sold 258 contracts so far.

"That's out of 40 million targeted 'rapture' believers, so it's not like we're making a billion dollars," he said.

Still, Centre is among the opportunistic entrepreneurs who have made the most of doomsayers' predictions and people's eagerness to believe them, although some of them have seen no bump in business and Family Radio can't imagine anyone operating a business amid the ruins of a post-apocalyptic world anyway.

Family Radio, a non-profit, listener-supported religious organization based in Oakland, Calif., has declared that May 21 will mark the end of the world when Jesus Christ arrives for his second coming and the "rapture" of his believers. The organization encourages people to visit its website.

Eternal Earthbound Pets' sales increased during the first quarter of this year by 27 percent compared to the first quarter of last year, which Centre attributes to the May 21 campaign.

"My business partner [in Minnesota] and I launched in a handful of states initially. Now, it's much larger," he said, adding that he has designated rescuers in 26 states.

Centre increased his rates in January. It now costs $135 to rescue one pet and $20 for an additional pet at the same address, which he collects up front. That's up from $110 for the first pet and $10 for an additional pet.

And Centre takes his business seriously. He said he performed a credit history and criminal background on his 44 rescuers: those who are assigned to rescue any pets left behind. The contract fees are split among them.

Other profiteers are practicing a quote by newly inaugurated Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

Emanuel was referring to energy policy in 2008, but Joshua Witter, a software engineer, shared that mentality when he started Post-Rapture Post, a message delivery service to those left behind after the apocalypse.

Leaving Messages for the Left Behind

Witter, based in Orlando, Fl., started the website in 2004 after a casual conversation with his friends about what believers might want after they leave their non-believing loved ones behind. And he said he hasn't changed the website since it first launched.

Witter, an atheist, charges $4.99 to $799.99 to deliver a pre-written letter to those loved ones. Ritter said he suspects the postal service and email services will not be available anyways.

Witter, the postmaster general of the Post-Rapture Post, said he has only sold his simplest letter product at $1.99, although he does offer more elaborate options. For $800, a calligrapher, a friend of his, will hand write your letter on "medieval parchment style paper."

Witter, who has another day job, said there has not been renewed interest because of the May 21 campaign.

He said there were about 200 letters when the website first launched, but now it "trickles in." In general, Witter said he receives more business from his merchandise, including mugs and t-shirts, with a ratio of 10 to one, than his letter products.

"I'm lucky if I get one every couple of months," said Witter about letter sales, who has sold about 400 letters in total. "This new event really hasn't added much."

He said 95 percent of the messages are from Judgment Day believers who want to encourage their loved ones that it's not "too late" to believe. The other 5 percent are jokes.

Kevin Thompson, co-owner of Northwest Shelter Systems, based in Idaho, said concerns about a nuclear disaster -- not Judgment Day -- have driven recent sales of his hidden rooms and bomb shelters.

"We're not a doom-and-gloom company by any means," he said. "People are still purchasing shelters from us for a number of other reasons."

Sales have increased 60 to 70 percent since the start of this year, he said. He attributes the growth mostly to the tsunami and earthquake in Japan in March, and especially the resulting concerns about radiation emitting from the Fukushima plant, north of Tokyo, Japan.

Thompson estimated that his company has built more than 300 shelters in 21 years of operation.

Thompson said his company is also a certified contractor for the government. Northwest Shelter systems have cost from $50,000 to $20 million, although, Thompson said, the average is about $1.4 million.

Barbie Grossman, who is media director for the Vivos Group, which is a company based in Southern California that builds underground shelter networks, she said there has been a diverse range of sales inquiries but the company has not yet built a network for a group expecting Judgment Day.

Vivos builds the underground networks for groups of 112 to 1,000 people that in some ways are luxurious hide-out accommodations that include food, water and power. Members from one large group in central Europe paid $25,000 per person for continuous ownership.

"It's yours forever to pass onto your children or grandchildren," she said. "If nothing happens, it keeps on going."

Jerry Jenkins, the writer behind the "Left Behind" series of books about the apocalypse, said he has a growing number of media requests regarding the May 21 campaign, although he is not aware of a respective increase in sales.

Jenkins worked with the pastor, Tim LaHaye, for the series' 16 books, which have sold more than 63 million copies, the first published in 1995. Jenkins said the books have been re-released this year with new covers and updated words related to technology in the series. He said the re-release was planned last year and related to the series' 15th anniversary, not the May 21 campaign.

Jenkins said it is "folly" to try to predict the second coming. "I think we're supposed to be ready, wait and watch. But I do think God is merciful and wants more to believe and not be left behind," Jenkins said.

Gunther von Harringa, spokesman for Family Radio and president of Bible Ministries International, said it is "ludicrous" to think that businesses will be able to function after Judgment Day.

"There's going to be a worldwide earthquake when many millions are going to die, and all the cities around the world are going to come crashing down," he said. "The idea that someone is going to profit from this is absurd."

He also said animals are going to die just as humans will.

"It's going to be a struggle just to survive for humans," he said. "The world as we know it is going to be radically altered and everyone will be in the same boat."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/21-judgm ... d=13612172


Hey steensn, why didn't you tell us? :shock: :confused:

:wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 17th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
ABC News wrote:
May 21, 2011, and Other 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone
By CALVIN LAWRENCE Jr.

May 11, 2011

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

The Bible couldn't be clearer, right there in the Book of Matthew: chapter 24, verse 36.

But doomsayers have sworn since at least Roman times that they're better sourced than the angels themselves, boldly trotting out predictions down to the day for the Final Judgment, when, Christians believe, Jesus will descend to earth and set off a chain of events resulting in the end of the world and a new heaven.

May 21, 2011, is the latest attempt to get a jump on Judgment Day, courtesy of Oakland, Calif.-based Family Radio, a nonprofit evangelical Christian group. And, assuming we're all here to follow up, it will make a nice addition on May 22 to this random list of predicted Second Comings we've survived so far.

7 'Judgment Days' That Have Come and Gone

    1. Let's start with Family Radio, whose president, Harold Camping, predicted the End of Days before: Sept. 6, 1994. Camping had been "thrown off a correct calculation because of some verses in Matthew 24," a company spokesman told ABC News this month.

    The Christian radio broadcaster is apparently more confident this time around, spending big bucks on 5,000 billboards, posters, fliers and digital bus displays across the country.

    2. Edgar Whisenant didn't get it right the first time, either, when he predicted a mid-September 1988 Rapture, even publishing the books "88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988" and "On Borrowed Time." No Apocalypse, no problem. The former NASA engineer simply pushed his predictions off to three subsequent years and wrote books along the way, none of which reportedly sold as well as the first two.

    He died in 2001. We're unable to confirm where he's awaiting the big day.

    3. Jehovah's Witnesses first anticipated the end of times in 1914, now noting on their official website that "not all that was expected to happen in 1914 did happen, but it did mark the end of the Gentile Times and was a year of special significance."

    4. In the century before, renowned New England Baptist minister William Miller triggered what ultimately became known as the "great disappointment" after his failed prophesies that Christ would return sometime between March 21, 1843, and March 21, 1844, and then on Oct. 22, 1844.

    5. More recently, Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church Los Angeles told a Trinity Broadcasting Network audience that the "most cataclysmic experience that the world has ever known since the Resurrection ... is going to happen," according to the Christian Research Institute, which is home to "Bible Answer Man."

    Hinkle said God, "in the most awesome voice," told him that "on Thursday, June the ninth [1994], I will rip the evil out of this world."

    You might have missed it, however, because the prophesy came to pass invisibly, he said, according to the Christian Research Institute.

    6. Chuck Smith, the prolific author and senior pastor of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in California, turned to scripture and simple math to prepare his flock for the Tribulation. "If I understand Scripture correctly, Jesus taught us that the generation which sees he 'budding of the fig tree,' the birth of the nation Israel, will be the generation that see the Lords return," he wrote in his book "End Times" (1978). "I believe that the generation 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation of judgment is forty years and the Tribulation period lasts seven years, I believe the Lord could come back for His Church any time before the Tribulation starts, which would mean any time before 1981. (1948+40-7=1981)."

    "I could be wrong," he wrote in "Future Survival" (1978), "but it's a deep conviction in my heart, and all my plans are predicated upon that belief."

    Smith was wrong and has not only abandoned his prophesying ways but since has looked askance at others who have gone down that road.

    "The Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, thought the world was sure to end in 1914," Smith wrote in his book "Dateline Earth: Countdown to Eternity" (1989). "When it didn't happen, they merely moved the date up a few years."

    7. The prophetic-sounding year 2000 inspired too many doomsday predictions to list here. Suffice it to say that, in hindsight, there was really no need to party like it was 1999.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/may-21-2011-en ... 426&page=2

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 17th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
Wow, it just amazes me that people can be so focused on their beliefs to believe in the rapture, then totally ignore the part where is says NO ONE WILL KNOW WHEN. Hope all they lose out is a few bucks...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 17th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Seattle Times wrote:
Atheists counter prediction of doom with 'Rapture party'

Atheist groups across the country — including in the Puget Sound area — are hosting "Rapture parties" in response to a prediction by a Christian radio broadcaster that the Rapture will occur May 21.

By Janet I. Tu

Seattle Times staff reporter

The way Seattle atheist Paul Case sees it, holding a "Rapture party" on Saturday, the date a Christian radio broadcaster who's getting national attention says the Rapture is supposed to happen, is a can't-lose proposition.

If the Rapture indeed occurs, and Christians worldwide are transported to heaven, "we know as atheists, we're not going," said Case, one of several people organizing the Saturday party in Tacoma. It's one of several such gatherings being organized by atheist groups nationwide.

"If it occurs, it's a good thing for us," he said. "We get the real estate and cheap cars, and we won't have to worry about separation of church and state."

On the other hand, if the Rapture doesn't happen, "it's another egg in the face of those who say the end times will come. So it's a win-win for us," Case said.

The prediction prompting the parties comes from Harold Camping, an 89-year-old civil engineer by training. Camping heads Family Radio, also known as Family Stations, an Oakland, Calif.-based network of about 66 Christian radio stations, including those in Kirkland and Longview. Family Radio, which does not have any denominational ties, also broadcasts internationally.

Looking at biblical passages, and using mathematical calculations, Camping says he's pinpointed the date of the Rapture to May 21. Those left on Earth will then go through five months of "horror and chaos beyond description" before the world ends on Oct. 21, according to Family Radio's website.

Thomas Holt, a volunteer with Family Radio, calls those who poke fun at Camping's predictions "scoffers," referring to 2 Peter 3:3-4, which says: "you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, 'Where is this 'coming' he promised?' "

But Camping's prediction is not widely accepted, despite his beliefs being featured on billboards in various cities and in media stories nationwide.

For many Christians, end-of-the-world scenarios aren't something they give much attention to.

And of the many who do, there have been concerns raised that Camping's prediction contradicts Scripture.

"There are a long line of brilliant people who, through intricate calculations, have made predictions about the end of the world," said Pastor Joseph Fuiten with Cedar Park Assembly of God Church in Bothell. "Unfortunately they have overlooked the obvious words of Jesus: 'You do not know the day or the hour' of such events."

But it's atheists, in particular, who appear to be poking the most fun.

In Tacoma, producers of the weekly radio show "Ask an Atheist" are sponsoring the local Rapture party. Their slogan: "Countdown to Backpedaling: The End is Nah!"

While Seattle Atheists aren't hosting a party that night, they are collecting money for humanitarian relief should the Rapture occur.

The end of the world "is obviously disconcerting news, and we thought we'd lend a hand," the group says on its "Rapture Relief" website. "While the rest of the world is tortured in this terrible Apocalypse, ... elite squads of godless heathens will ... help bring people out of the rubble and rebuild their lives."

(If the end times don't happen as predicted, Seattle Atheists says the money raised will go to Camp Quest, which teaches children critical thinking skills.)

Holt, of Family Radio, for one, has no doubt that the Rapture will occur Saturday: "The Bible clearly predicts it will."

Janet I. Tu: 206-464-2272 or jtu@seattletimes.com

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... re17m.html

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 17th, 2011, 2:40 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Here is some "proof":

Quote:
Judgment Day! May 21, 2011
Quote:
And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. Revelation 9:5

The End of the World October 21, 2011

The purpose of this tract is to inform you of the great urgency there now is in the world for each and every person to be reconciled to God. The Bible is the Word of God! Everything the Bible declares has the full authority of God Himself. Now, at this time, information is coming forth from the Bible which clearly reveals God’s plan for Judgment Day and the end of the world itself. The Bible has opened up its secrets concerning the timeline of history. This information was never previously known because God had closed up His Word blocking any attempt to gain knowledge of the end of the world. We read about this in the book of Daniel:

Quote:
Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.


However, now in our present day, God has opened up His Word (the Bible) to reveal a great deal of truth concerning the end of time (and many other teachings). Also, in the same chapter of Daniel, it says:

Quote:
Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.


God is now opening up His Word because we have arrived at the time of the end. For this reason, it has become very obvious to the serious student of the Bible that we are now living in the last few days of earth’s history. As a matter of fact, because we are living at the end of time, God is now revealing to His people the following information:

THE BIBLE’S CALENDAR OF HISTORY

The Lord has opened up His people’s understanding to the “Biblical calendar” found on the pages of the Bible. The genealogies of the book of Genesis, primarily in chapters 5 and 11, can be shown to be a precise calendar of the history of mankind in this world. The Bible’s calendar of history is completely accurate and trustworthy.

Since this Bible calendar is given by God in His Word, it can be trusted wholeheartedly. In this brief pamphlet, we will share some of the conclusions derived from the Biblical calendar and from other studies in the Scriptures. However, the amount of information available is far too abundant and complex to get into much detail in this short pamphlet; but we can and will give precise and compelling dates. These dates can be trusted entirely because they come right out of the Bible. (EBiblefellowship has no affiliation with Family Radio; however, we highly recommend that you obtain a free copy of the book “We Are Almost There!” by writing to the following address: Family Stations, Inc., 290 Hegenberger Rd., Oakland, CA 94621. This book goes into far greater detail regarding the timing of Judgment Day and the end of the world. Also, you can read or download “We Are Almost There!” online at: http://www.familyradio.com).

TIMING OF IMPORTANT EVENTS IN HISTORY

11,013 BC—Creation. God created the world and man (Adam and Eve).

4990 BC—The flood of Noah’s day. All perished in a worldwide flood. Only Noah, his wife, and his 3 sons and their wives survived in the ark (6023 years from creation).

7 BC—The year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).

33 AD—The year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation; 5023 calendar years from the flood).

1988 AD—This year ended the church age and began the great tribulation period of 23 years (13,000 years from creation).

1994 AD—On September 7th, the first 2300-day period of the great tribulation came to an end and the latter rain began, commencing God’s plan to save a great multitude of people outside of the churches (13,006 years from creation).

2011 AD—On May 21st, Judgment Day will begin and the rapture (the taking up into heaven of God’s elect people) will occur at the end of the 23-year great tribulation. On October 21st, the world will be destroyed by fire (7000 years from the flood; 13,023 years from creation).

ONE DAY IS AS 1000 YEARS

The child of God has learned from the Bible that the language of Genesis 7 has a twofold meaning:

Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Historically, as God spoke these words, there were seven days remaining for Noah, his family, and the animals to get into the safety of the ark; but spiritually (and the Bible is a spiritual book), God was speaking to all of the people of the world and was declaring that sinful mankind would have 7000 years to find refuge in the salvation provided by Jesus Christ. How can we know that? We know this is so based on what we read in 2 Peter, chapter 3:

2 Peter 3:6-8 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The context of 2 Peter 3 is extremely important! In the first few verses, God refers us to the destruction of the world by the flood during Noah’s day. Then we find an interesting admonition that we ought not to be “ignorant” of one thing, which is, 1 day is as 1000 years, and 1000 years is as 1 day. Immediately following this bit of information is a very vivid description of the end of the present world by fire.

What could God be telling us by identifying 1 day along with 1000 years?

Since we recently have discovered the Biblical calendar of history on the pages of the Bible, we find that the flood of Noah’s day occurred in the year 4990 BC. This date is completely accurate (for further information on the Biblical timeline of history, please go to: http://www.familyradio.com). It was in the year 4990 BC that God revealed to Noah that there would be yet 7 days until the flood of waters would be upon the earth. Now, if we substitute 1000 years for each one of those 7 days, we get 7000 years. And when we project 7000 years into the future from 4990 BC, we find that it falls on the year 2011 AD.

4990 + 2011 = 7001

Note: When counting from an Old Testament date to a New Testament date, always subtract one year because there is no year zero, resulting in:

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7000 years exactly.

The year 2011 AD will be the 7000th year from the flood of Noah’s day. It will be the end of the length of time given to mankind to find grace in God’s sight. This means that the time to find refuge in Christ has grown extremely short. We are only a little ways off from the year 2011 AD!

It is not unusual that God’s people have been given insight into the timing of the end of the world. Actually, the Bible tells us this is normally the case. In times past, God has warned His people of approaching periods of judgment:

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
JUDGMENT DAY: MAY 21st, 2011

We know that the year 2011 is the 7000th year from the flood. We also know that God will destroy this world in that year. But when in 2011 will this occur?

The answer is amazing. Let’s take another look at the flood account in the book of Genesis:

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Faithful to His Word, God did bring the flood 7 days later in the 600th year, on the 17th day of the 2nd month of the calendar aligned with Noah’s lifespan. It was on this 17th day of the 2nd month that God shut the door on the ark, securing the safety of its occupants and also sealing the fate of everyone else in the world outside of the ark. They would all now certainly perish in that worldwide catastrophe.

Genesis 7:16,17 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in. And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Earlier it was mentioned that the church age came to an end in the year 1988 AD. It so happens that the church age began on the day of Pentecost (May 22nd) in the year 33 AD. Then 1955 years later, the church age came to its conclusion on May 21st, which was the day before Pentecost in 1988.

The Bible teaches that the end of the church age would occur simultaneously with the beginning of the great tribulation:

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

On May 21st, 1988, God finished using the churches and congregations of the world. The Spirit of God left all churches and Satan, the man of sin, entered into the churches to rule at that point in time. The Bible teaches us that this awful period of judgment upon the churches would last for 23 years. A full 23 years (8400 days exactly) would be from May 21 st, 1988 until May 21st, 2011. This information was discovered in the Bible completely apart from the information regarding the 7000 years from the flood.

Therefore, we see that the full 23-year tribulation period concludes on May 21st, 2011. This date is the exact day that the great tribulation comes to its end, and this is also the most likely landing spot for the 7000 years from the flood of Noah’s day.

Keep in mind that God shut the door on the ark on the 17th day of the 2nd month of Noah’s calendar. We also find that May 21 st, 2011 is the end of the great tribulation period. There is a strong relationship between the 2nd month and 17th day of Noah’s calendar and May 21st, 2011 of our Gregorian calendar. This relationship cannot be readily seen until we discover that there is another calendar to consider, which is the Hebrew (or Biblical) calendar. May 21 st, 2011 happens to be the 17th day of the 2nd month of the Hebrew calendar. By this, God is confirming to us that we have a very correct understanding regarding the 7000-year timeline from the flood. May 21 st, 2011 is the equivalent date to the date when God shut the door on Noah’s ark. Through this and much other Biblical information, we find that May 21 st, 2011 will be the day when God takes up into heaven His elect people. May 21st, 2011 will be Judgment Day! This is the day God shuts the door of salvation on the world.

In other words, in having the great tribulation period conclude on a day that identifies with the 17th day of the 2nd month of Noah’s calendar, God is without question confirming to us that this is the day He intends to shut forever the door of entry into heaven:

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Bible is very clear that Christ is the only way into heaven. He is the only portal into the glorious kingdom of heaven.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Once the door (Jesus) is shut on Judgment Day, there is no more salvation possible on earth:

Revelation 3:7 …These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

The Bible teaches that on May 21st, 2011, only true believers elected by God to receive salvation will be raptured (taken up) out of this world to meet the Lord in the air and forever be with the Lord:

1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

All the rest of mankind (billions of people) will be left behind to experience the awful judgment of God, a horrible period of 5 months of torment upon earth:

Revelation 9:3-5 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

THE END OF THE WORLD: OCTOBER 21st, 2011

By God’s grace and tremendous mercy, He is giving us advanced warning as to what He is about to do. On Judgment Day, May 21st, 2011, this 5-month period of horrible torment will begin for all the inhabitants of the earth. It will be on May 21st that God will raise up all the dead that have ever died from their graves. Earthquakes will ravage the whole world as the earth will no longer conceal its dead (Isaiah 26:21). People who died as saved individuals will experience the resurrection of their bodies and immediately leave this world to forever be with the Lord. Those who died unsaved will be raised up as well, but only to have their lifeless bodies scattered about the face of all the earth. Death will be everywhere.

The Lord also emphasizes these awful 5 months of destruction in the final verse of Genesis, chapter 7:

Genesis 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Five months after May 21st, 2011 will be October 21st, 2011. It so happens that October 21st of 2011 is also the last day of the Biblical Feast of Tabernacles (held simultaneously with the Feast of Ingathering). Tabernacles is held in the 7th month of the Hebrew calendar. The way God speaks of this feast in the Bible is very significant:

Exodus 23:16 …the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

Exodus 34:22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

The Feast of Tabernacles / Ingathering was said to be in the “end of the year” even though it was observed in the Hebrew 7th month, which is not the end of the year. The reason for this is that the spiritual fulfillment of this particular feast is the end of the world. The date October 21st, 2011 will be the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles and the last day of earth’s existence. The Bible describes what will take place on October 21st, 2011 in the following passage:

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Along with the entire world and universe, all those who have sinned against God and were left behind will likewise be consumed by this fire and be eternally destroyed:

2 Thessalonians 1:8,9 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

On October 21st, 2011, God will completely destroy this creation and all of the people who never experienced the salvation of Jesus Christ along with it. The awful payment for their sinful rebellion against God will be completed by the loss of everlasting life. On October 21st, 2011, all of these poor people will cease to exist from that point forward. How sad that noble man, made in God’s image, will die like a beast and perish forever:

Psalm 49:12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.

There is much more to share. But please, dear soul, be warned that the time for salvation is drawing to a rapid close! God has given the world 7000 years from the flood, and now only a few days remain until we reach May 21st, 2011. Before we know it, time will have run completely out. The few grains of sand remaining in our hourglass will have elapsed and be gone forever. Although little time remains, there is still wonderful hope for anyone today:

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

It does not take God much time at all to save someone. In the last hours of a terribly sinful life, the thief on the cross was saved by Christ:

Luke 23:42,43 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Our prayer is that you will receive this tract in the spirit of genuine concern in which it is being offered. As you read this pamphlet, please carefully consider the verses quoted from the Bible, for they are the Word of God, and as such, possess absolute power and authority. Our only hope for salvation is through the reading of the Word of God. It is now that the door of heaven (Christ) is open. It is now that God is saving a great multitude of people from around the world outside of the churches and congregations:

Revelation 7:9,13,14 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; …What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

God saves through the hearing of the Word of God and no other way:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Read the Bible with all your family (especially your children); and along with your reading, pray for mercy. Pray to the merciful and gracious God of the Bible that He might deliver you from the approaching destruction. We learn a little about God’s tremendous compassion in the book of Jonah. God also gave advance warning to the people of Nineveh regarding the destruction of their city:

Jonah 3:4-9 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown. So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

God did not destroy the people of Nineveh. Although there is no possibility that God will not follow through on His intention to destroy the world in 2011, we can know from His dealings with the people of Nineveh that God is tenderhearted and full of mercy. This should encourage each one of us to go to God and beseech Him for His great mercy.

Psalm 86:15,16 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me;…


_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 17th, 2011, 2:52 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9447
Location: Dallas
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
steensn wrote:
Wow, it just amazes me that people can be so focused on their beliefs to believe in the rapture, then totally ignore the part where is says NO ONE WILL KNOW WHEN. Hope all they lose out is a few bucks...


Of course it has to be "no one will know when" because if it said when, and then it passed, what would all the believers do then. Probably come up with an excuse (ie. God works in mysterious ways) but that is beyond the point.

It is kind of like that vague fortune teller, there are always a fairly large portion of the population that falls for it.

Then again, if the site has a lot less activity then normal starting on the 26th I'll be the first to admit I was wrong all along... :lol:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 17th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:
Wow, it just amazes me that people can be so focused on their beliefs to believe in the rapture, then totally ignore the part where is says NO ONE WILL KNOW WHEN. Hope all they lose out is a few bucks...


Of course it has to be "no one will know when" because if it said when, and then it passed, what would all the believers do then. Probably come up with an excuse (ie. God works in mysterious ways) but that is beyond the point.

It is kind of like that vague fortune teller, there are always a fairly large portion of the population that falls for it.

Then again, if the site has a lot less activity then normal starting on the 26th I'll be the first to admit I was wrong all along... :lol:

The 26th??? Heck man, its all supposed to go down this weekend. Commute on Monday should be a breeze :wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 17th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
You can swing it anyway you want, but the OT prophecies a lot about things that were fulfillied by Jesus. Make up whatever reason you want, but tell the benefit of having a end date prophecied? When it happens, what is more telling, millions of people actually disappearing per a prophecy or getting the date right? Seems like a minor detail when you think about it and a silly complaint.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 17th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9447
Location: Dallas
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
TheRealWags wrote:
The 26th??? Heck man, its all supposed to go down this weekend. Commute on Monday should be a breeze :wink:


I'm building in a few days for miscalculations that are bound to be claimed on the 22nd.

steensn wrote:
You can swing it anyway you want, but the OT prophecies a lot about things that were fulfillied by Jesus.


And there are also a ton of OT prophecies NOT fulfilled be Jesus, but only the Jews (and my best friend happens to be Jewish) seem to recognize this for some reason. For example, the prophecy states that their would be a direct lineage to Abraham, which there is given that Joseph has a direct lineage. Problem is, however, that Mary does not and given that it was a virgin birth - well, you can easily see the issue here. He also didn't free Isreal nor take the throne of David. Let's see, he also didn't rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem nor bring peace to the world and end all war. I could go on and on, but I digress and lets not let facts get in the way of "belief".

Jewish folks also claim that the Hebrew Bible did NOT prophesy that Jesus would be the Messiah (and you would think they would be the experts on their own Bible, not the Christian revisionist). There is also, in fact, no "second coming" in the Hebrew Bible.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 17th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
Pablo wrote:
And there are also a ton of OT prophecies NOT fulfilled be Jesus, but only the Jews (and my best friend happens to be Jewish) seem to recognize this for some reason. For example, the prophecy states that their would be a direct lineage to Abraham, which there is given that Joseph has a direct lineage. Problem is, however, that Mary does not and given that it was a virgin birth - well, you can easily see the issue here. He also didn't free Isreal nor take the throne of David. Let's see, he also didn't rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem nor bring peace to the world and end all war. I could go on and on, but I digress and lets not let facts get in the way of "belief".

Jewish folks also claim that the Hebrew Bible did NOT prophesy that Jesus would be the Messiah (and you would think they would be the experts on their own Bible, not the Christian revisionist). There is also, in fact, no "second coming" in the Hebrew Bible.


You talk about the reason for the Jews no believing... but that is because they read the OT as one event when it is semi clearly not one event but two. Jesus per prophecy had to come first and pay our debt THEN later could he come and conquer. If you take the Jews stance, then you have conflicting prophecy which should nullify anyones faith. So it is clear that the only way to interpret it is as two event detailed even further and explained in the NT.

Now the NT certainly could be wrong as well, we will see, but the Jews view of the OT is already proven wrong, so why hang on to it? Why don't they follow the OT law? Why is it that their faith is nothing like the original writers of the OT but rather a mix of Christian beliefs and Jewish tradition?

If their claim is that it was one event, then they are already proven wrong by mutual exclusive texts. So if your conjecture is that Jesus didn't fill all the prophecy, then you are technically right, he didn't fill the ones not meant for the first round which is CLEARLY spelled out in the NT as being the difference.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 17th, 2011, 5:30 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9447
Location: Dallas
Post Re: May 21, 2011: Profiting on Doomsday?
steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:
And there are also a ton of OT prophecies NOT fulfilled be Jesus, but only the Jews (and my best friend happens to be Jewish) seem to recognize this for some reason. For example, the prophecy states that their would be a direct lineage to Abraham, which there is given that Joseph has a direct lineage. Problem is, however, that Mary does not and given that it was a virgin birth - well, you can easily see the issue here. He also didn't free Isreal nor take the throne of David. Let's see, he also didn't rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem nor bring peace to the world and end all war. I could go on and on, but I digress and lets not let facts get in the way of "belief".

Jewish folks also claim that the Hebrew Bible did NOT prophesy that Jesus would be the Messiah (and you would think they would be the experts on their own Bible, not the Christian revisionist). There is also, in fact, no "second coming" in the Hebrew Bible.


You talk about the reason for the Jews no believing... but that is because they read the OT as one event when it is semi clearly not one event but two. Jesus per prophecy had to come first and pay our debt THEN later could he come and conquer. If you take the Jews stance, then you have conflicting prophecy which should nullify anyones faith. So it is clear that the only way to interpret it is as two event detailed even further and explained in the NT.

Now the NT certainly could be wrong as well, we will see, but the Jews view of the OT is already proven wrong, so why hang on to it? Why don't they follow the OT law? Why is it that their faith is nothing like the original writers of the OT but rather a mix of Christian beliefs and Jewish tradition?

If their claim is that it was one event, then they are already proven wrong by mutual exclusive texts. So if your conjecture is that Jesus didn't fill all the prophecy, then you are technically right, he didn't fill the ones not meant for the first round which is CLEARLY spelled out in the NT as being the difference.


I'm not touching this one cause we know it won't end other that to say in general, again you are looking at this from a revisionist perspective. I've pointed out items in event one that CLEARY didn't occur to even get to event two which you then in turn use to dismiss event one. Amazing.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 17th, 2011, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2769
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Lineage is passed through the females in the Jewish Religion, not the males. So by Joseph marrying Mary, Jesus got the lineage, even with a virgin birth. Its a weird ritual, and tough for most of us to follow since we're used the the males carrying the family names, but its the opposite with Lineage in the Jewish faith. If a Jewish man has a kid with a catholic woman, the child wouldn't be regarded as Jewish by the community, even if raised Jewish.

As to the prophecies, yes they haven't been fufilled yet, and there's a reason. They don't believe he was the messiah, but that is also one of the prophecies that won't be fixed until Revelations.

As with any prophecies, there's no way to tell if its true until its passed. Even Nostradamus, no one has yet decifered one of his prophecies to come until after the fact, and even then its speculation and interpretation.

It basically, as always, comes down to faith. And i have zero faith that the 21st is it.


May 17th, 2011, 6:07 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
The irony I see here is that you identified something that clearly is something STILL to come. The current Jews beleive that all that must happen at the same time when the Messiah comes. The Jews at the time of Jesus, from Jesus' teaching, realized it was broken into two events and Jesus was going to fulfill a lot more of them.

It is clear that this is an objection that doesn't make sense. How can the Messiah come as a suffering survent, sacrificial lamb, etc. AND a conquering king? Clearly those must be two different events... so why are acting surprised when I mention the real reason for the difference.

I don't want to be dismissive, but how can you say that without acknowledging the mass of information out there on this? You mention something that didn't happen, but the OT clearly defined two seperate events with no dates attached so how can you object to something yet to come in discourse to what I said?

I neatly fits into the theology, so why do we need to even have the conversation like it matters? I can "dismiss it" because you are making a claim i don't even agree with or need to worry about. It's like going to an evolutonist and showing soft tissue on a T-Rex bone and claiming it is proof evolution isn't real. There are LOTS of reasons why the tissues could ahve become maleable again... and in the piles of evidence that is most likely so there is no need for concern.

This is that, it is easily understood as a seperate event... so why act so amazed when I repeat what I've already neatly understood to fit. Which ironically then in fact eliminates a confliction in prophecy to think they all come at the same time.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 17th, 2011, 6:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7362
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Harold Camping is one of the false prophets that we have been warned about. When anyone tells you that the rapture will happen on any date, you can be guaranteed that it WON'T HAPPEN ON THAT DAY.

The real sad part to this story is:

There are people that have quit there jobs and are intentionally, spending every dime they have with the goal of the last dime being spent on the 21st. The real sad part? Many of them have young children who will have to suffer the repercussions of their parents ignorance of what the bible says, because they were mislead by Harold Camping.


May 17th, 2011, 8:27 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12031
Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
This is all I really have to see to know that what these peeps say is "out there" a bit:
Quote:
11,013 BC—Creation. God created the world and man (Adam and Eve).

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


May 18th, 2011, 9:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.