View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
slybri19 wrote:
How did I know that it would be a bad idea to click on this thread? :roll:

I want the last few minutes of my life back! :lol:

Nice......now you have to bring the theory of time travel in on the discussion?! As if things weren't muddled up already.......

May 19th, 2011, 9:37 am
RIP Killer

Watch out M2k, you might want to wqualify your statement as religious or scientific so you have the respected right to modify your belief system. You can't religously say anything or it is locked for life. But if you meant it scientifically, no big deal, it is cool to bloviate anything you want and change it later.... "it's allowed."

May 19th, 2011, 9:56 am
Pop Warner Rookie

Quick question for the group here.

The guy that predicted the Rapture today. Could he be brought up on charges of Fraud, since he convinced people to give up things (Jobs,savings,cars,etc) to preach his message?

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

May 21st, 2011, 6:22 pm
RIP Killer

Should be...

May 21st, 2011, 10:57 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Are we all still here? Everybody please chime in to let us know that you're still alive. :lol:

May 22nd, 2011, 8:24 am
RIP Killer

I must got screwed...

May 22nd, 2011, 10:03 am
Varsity 1st Team

I must have been one of the people left behind.

This hell on earth, 65 and sunny,slight breeze is just plain unbearable.

Maybe I'll be chosen on the next judgment day that comes along. God willing I'll be with him.

Frok

May 22nd, 2011, 1:15 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Any explanation from Camping yet? Or is he still locked inside his house with the curtains closed?

May 22nd, 2011, 7:14 pm
QB Coach

The guy that predicted the Rapture today. Could he be brought up on charges of Fraud, since he convinced people to give up things (Jobs,savings,cars,etc) to preach his message?

You'll have about as much chance of that as bringing Congress up on charges for breach of contract, and a number of other illegal actions done by the "most ethical Congress ever."

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 22nd, 2011, 7:52 pm
RIP Killer

Nurosa wrote:
Quick question for the group here.

That would open a can of worms, what about all the folks throwing money at church (pick any). That's even bigger fraud with no end date, at least these folks have a chance going forward to come to their senses (even though I doubt it). All of these are suffering delusions to one degree or another propagated by power loving institutions. Is that not fraud as well?

By the way, happy to report I survived the rapture... [-o<

May 22nd, 2011, 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Pablo wrote:
By the way, happy to report I survived the rapture... [-o<

You have one man to thank for that, Pablo...

And lo, it came to pass that Macho Man Randy Savage did prevent the impending rapture. Amen.

May 22nd, 2011, 11:36 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

So is there any way this guy gets in legal trouble? To me it seems like he is yelling fire in a packed building only on a grander scale. I can't imagine how many kids or even adults that he freaked out with his prediction. I keep seeing articles talking about how he profited off but I really hope that is just them guessing.

May 23rd, 2011, 1:10 pm
RIP Killer

Darb27 wrote:
So is there any way this guy gets in legal trouble? To me it seems like he is yelling fire in a packed building only on a grander scale. I can't imagine how many kids or even adults that he freaked out with his prediction. I keep seeing articles talking about how he profited off but I really hope that is just them guessing.

He pulled a similar stunt in 1994 and didn't get into any trouble. I don't see, from a legal perspective, anyway he can get into trouble - there is that whole "freedom of religion" thing. Harold Camping has said he is "flabbergasted with no plans on returning the donation money given to him. Let's face it religion is big business, no way they every come clean cause that pretty much destroys a business model built on deception and mind control.

As for Camping, third times is a charm?

May 23rd, 2011, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

The numbers and mathematics are so arbitrary that I don't know how anyone could have believed the specific dates/times that this nutjob came up with. The end times are something that no one is going to every understand and we won't until it happens.

It just gives Christians bad names, like radical Muslims give Islam a bad name or Terry Jones gives mustache wearers a bad name.

May 23rd, 2011, 4:40 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
That's even bigger fraud with no end date, at least these folks have a chance going forward to come to their senses (even though I doubt it). All of these are suffering delusions to one degree or another propagated by power loving institutions. Is that not fraud as well?

It's only fraud of you are silly enough to make the claim you did. Your ability to bring no facts to the table yet all the answers is more fraudulant as you make Christianity out to be.

May 23rd, 2011, 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next