View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: May 21, 2011 - Rapture? Doomsday?
Wayne Fontes wrote:
The numbers and mathematics are so arbitrary that I don't know how anyone could have believed the specific dates/times that this nutjob came up with. The end times are something that no one is going to every understand and we won't until it happens.

It just gives Christians bad names, like radical Muslims give Islam a bad name or Terry Jones gives mustache wearers a bad name.

Let alone the more clearly damming evidence is the book they claim to represent clearly defines the last day to be unknown without any room to wiggle. Frankly, it's mutually exclusive to use the Bible to try and figure out the date of the raptue.

May 23rd, 2011, 6:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
The numbers and mathematics are so arbitrary that I don't know how anyone could have believed the specific dates/times that this nutjob came up with. The end times are something that no one is going to every understand and we won't until it happens.

It just gives Christians bad names, like radical Muslims give Islam a bad name or Terry Jones gives mustache wearers a bad name.

Let alone the more clearly damming evidence is the book they claim to represent clearly defines the last day to be unknown without any room to wiggle. Frankly, it's mutually exclusive to use the Bible to try and figure out the date of the raptue.

Steensn, I agree. while we will not ever know the day and the hour, we can indeed know the season. Mathew chapter 24 gives us this season in the parable of the fig tree. We are in the season of the end times without doubt. But, that is all we know.

Most Bible scholars agree that the generation that saw Israel become a nation again, after nearly 2000 years of not being a nation, was the WW2 generation. But, there is the outside possibility that it could be the Baby boomer generation. Since the very 1st Baby boomers were being born. But, the WW2 generation was assuming control of businesses and Government at the time. So, it is most likely the WW2 generation that the parable of the fig tree mentions.

May 23rd, 2011, 9:21 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
We are in the season of the end times without doubt. But, that is all we know.

Billy "Harold Camping" Sims?

May 24th, 2011, 10:25 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I've also heard it described as the generation that saw the nation of Israel established with something to do with Jerusalem. Not that they were changing it to update like this Camping character, but moreso that they clarified it.

What really would be interesting to see is a chart or graph in the last decade of what natural disasters happened in the U.S. and when. Then cross reference what actions were taken by Washington D.C. toward Israel, at the same time. For example: I've heard it said that Bush had some difficult dealing with Israel in 05, I don't recall what, but shortly there after Katrina came about. Now we have Obama and his continual verbal aggression towards Israel, and we've had tornados in Alabama killing 300+, and more recently Joplin, Mo. for 100 +.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT ONE CAUSES THE OTHER, WHAT I'M SAYING IS I WONDER IF A PATTERN COULD BE ESTABLISHED BASED UPON THE EVIDENCE, AND IF SO, THEN A CORELATION COULD BE MADE. This would be in line with Scripture, concerning Israel.

just wonderin is all.....

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 24th, 2011, 11:15 am
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We are in the season of the end times without doubt. But, that is all we know.

Billy "Harold Camping" Sims?

I am nothing like Harold Camping. I am not naming a day or an hour. Harold Camping is now making things up to explain away his ill advised predictions and is now saying that the 21st was a spiritual judgement day. And that the window for being saved has closed. And that the end of the world will happen in October of this year. Harold Camping at this point can't even be considered a Christian. He is a fraud that is giving Christians a bad name. The Harold Campings of the world are why so many people believe that the Bible is full of errors and contradictions. I don't think you could have insulted me worse if you were trying to.

May 24th, 2011, 9:38 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I don't think you could have insulted me worse if you were trying to.

Obviously it was meant as a bit of a joke Billy given your vauge prediction. Just poking fun, not insult intended my apologies.

May 25th, 2011, 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Obviously it was meant as a bit of a joke Billy given your vauge prediction. Just poking fun, not insult intended my apologies.

I know that. Thank you for the apology. That's why I wrote the last line in my post.

Quote:

May 25th, 2011, 10:26 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

According to Camping, he was off by 5 months, so the "new" rapture will be on October 21st, 2011. We now have 5 more months to live! :idea:

May 26th, 2011, 12:13 am
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
According to Camping, he was off by 5 months, so the "new" rapture will be on October 21st, 2011. We now have 5 more months to live! :idea:

This guy won't stop...

May 26th, 2011, 10:51 am
RIP Killer

Every generation of Christians since Jesus thought the "season" had come. I don't buy anyone claiming they even can tell it will happen soon. We can see events happening that are foretold, but that is it.

May 26th, 2011, 10:55 am
RIP Killer

So basically Harold Camping is stating that May 21st was the cutoff date for all true Christians to accumulate their good deeds and establish their true belief in Jesus Christ before the October 21st date of when the "Rapture" will actually occur.

Sounds sort of like "last call" at the bar, doesn't it? Hey, you can't get no more drinks, but we aren't closed just yet.

May 26th, 2011, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
So basically Harold Camping is stating that May 21st was the cutoff date for all true Christians to accumulate their good deeds and establish their true belief in Jesus Christ before the October 21st date of when the "Rapture" will actually occur.

Sounds sort of like "last call" at the bar, doesn't it? Hey, you can't get no more drinks, but we aren't closed just yet.

And again, completely against what the Bible teaches. You don't get to heaven on good deeds, this guy is doesn't even believe the book he claims to get his information from.

May 26th, 2011, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

I'd like to hear an explanation as to why Christ decided that there needed to be a five month cushion between when people had better believe in Him, and when He would bring all the true believers to Him. Is He giving those folks five months to possibly screw up their chance? I just don't see Him as being the type that wants folks to fail like that.

Harold Camping.......look at him. One look at you know he's not camping anywhere on this planet.....

May 26th, 2011, 3:35 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:
"from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 3:15-4:4)

This was writen for guys like Camping. If he wants to use the Bible to base his beliefs he shouls be tested to it. He's failed multiple times to suit his desires and focuses on what people want to hear. I just can't believe things can be so spelled out but they ignore it for their own interest (well I can because that is what humans do, but it's sad how people lie and twist things for their purpose). People can be so lazy in their thinking, yet go through so many hoops and trouble to believe what they wants instead of what its right.

May 26th, 2011, 3:52 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:

well we do..you have much longer ya heathen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

May 27th, 2011, 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next