View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 12:22 am



Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The war of Gog and Magog. 
Author Message
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Actually SLY there are two places in the Bible that mentions "dinosaurs" in scripture. I think both are in the book of JOB, especially 41:2. He speaks as one having seen, and known what he was talking about. Job is also the oldest recorded book of the Bible, so that could be a possibility.

In fact, there is a belief coming back around that dragons existed, with St. Michael's of Scotland I believe, having the legend of killing the last one. Many stories abound from the dark ages and before, about fire breathing dragons. Just because we don't see those today, does that make it not true too? There are stories, legends, printed, and unprinted about such things, so are those a lie because we don't personally see them?

Space is said to be a vacuum, but how do we really know that it's true? You mean we are to take another man's word for it? Hawking says there is no mathematical evidence to prove that God exists, you mean we are to take his word for it? So I guess my question now is, why are we to take the words of man now, and not the words of man then? What's the difference?

I think questioning stuff is very healthy, but the question is do you ask the questions and then quit trying to find the answer. Do you walk away from the religion because you can't get the answer? Christianity is based upon God, and according to that belief God is the author of all life. He states very clearly, ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. Mat. 7:6-8, " 6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. "


If you have or have had questions about car repair, do you take it to your dentist? No you go to the one who knows auto mechanics. If you still don't get the satisfactory answer, do you go to a florist? No you go to another mechanic. But ulitmately, and I don't believe the Catholic faith teaches this, you have the right to Ask, Seek, Knock on God's door. He will answer, but in order to do that you have to have the faith to believe.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 26th, 2011, 8:27 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
DevilDoc wrote:
Actually SLY there are two places in the Bible that mentions "dinosaurs" in scripture. I think both are in the book of JOB, especially 41:2. He speaks as one having seen, and known what he was talking about. Job is also the oldest recorded book of the Bible, so that could be a possibility.

In fact, there is a belief coming back around that dragons existed, with St. Michael's of Scotland I believe, having the legend of killing the last one. Many stories abound from the dark ages and before, about fire breathing dragons. Just because we don't see those today, does that make it not true too? There are stories, legends, printed, and unprinted about such things, so are those a lie because we don't personally see them?

Space is said to be a vacuum, but how do we really know that it's true? You mean we are to take another man's word for it? Hawking says there is no mathematical evidence to prove that God exists, you mean we are to take his word for it? So I guess my question now is, why are we to take the words of man now, and not the words of man then? What's the difference?

I think questioning stuff is very healthy, but the question is do you ask the questions and then quit trying to find the answer. Do you walk away from the religion because you can't get the answer? Christianity is based upon God, and according to that belief God is the author of all life. He states very clearly, ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. Mat. 7:6-8, " 6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. "


If you have or have had questions about car repair, do you take it to your dentist? No you go to the one who knows auto mechanics. If you still don't get the satisfactory answer, do you go to a florist? No you go to another mechanic. But ulitmately, and I don't believe the Catholic faith teaches this, you have the right to Ask, Seek, Knock on God's door. He will answer, but in order to do that you have to have the faith to believe.


Is there any physical evidence of Dragons like their are of dinosaurs? Look, there are plenty of stories about fairies as well in many cultures as well. Same for Goblins, Santa and Angels for that matter. Man is a imaginative thinker, just take a look at religion and all the creative stories that surround every different faith.

Do we take another man's word for something. Not after putting it through the "smell" test or by judging it by common sense. We also don't take it as gospel. Do we think space is a vacum, sure, but we are also open to the possibility that it is not and if evidence leads us in another direction we are not sure bound by "faith" that we can't change our ways of thinking.

I understand what Sly and LFFL went through from being a believer to a non-believer. You also seem to be jumping to a major conclusion that they did so easily asking only one person of faith be it a priest, etc...

You said it all when you stated "He will answer, but in order to do that you have to have the faith to believe" - basically it comes down to this, if you already are fully invested in believing and put no critical thought into it, of course you will continue to believe and everything that comes your way you will see it from a side that supports your belief. If I look back on my life from a "believers" standpoint, I could point to tons of "evidence" that supports my belief. But in reality that wasn't the case when I'm not looking at things from belief tainted glasses.

Go ahead an believe that dragons exist if you want. I'll say I'm open to the possibility if you show me some evidence first. Listen, if there was really any evidence of God whatsoever everyone would believe, the fact is that there is just no evidence unless you want to see it where it doesn't actual exist.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 26th, 2011, 9:55 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
slybri19 wrote:
Wow! I've been trying to avoid this thread, but I was bored tonight so I decided to read it. My first thought was, "Is this anything like Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla? If so, this could be pretty awesome". Unfortunately, the only similarity between the two is that they are works of fiction created by man for entertainment or subjugation purposes. :(

With that said, I was born and raised Catholic, as were my parents, and their parents before them. I think I was the first in the family to say, "What?" and question what we were being told. I got kicked out of Sunday School for questioning a nun about dinosaurs on Noah's Ark, and have questioned everything ever since. Unsurprisingly, nobody has been able to provide any adequate answers.

What I'm trying to say here is that there is no set reason why someone chooses to believe, not believe, or has a change in beliefs. Just because their family has had a certain belief for generations is not a good answer. I'm proof of that, but I may be an exception to the rule.



Finally, someone who is willing to admit just claiming "You grew up that way so that is why you believe" is a total crock. Might be the first time you've ever settled on reality instead of party lining your opinion ;) just a fun jab.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 26th, 2011, 11:05 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Actually, Pablo, I can't speak to their situation at all, but I wasn't trying to imply that they may have only talked to one person concerning their questions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 26th, 2011, 12:39 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
DevilDoc, I did Ask, Seek, Knock, but the invisible Dude In The Sky didn't answer.

Steensn, I said that I may be an exception to the rule. I never said that indoctrination or brainwashing of children to follow their parents' beliefs didn't take place because it does. Also, since I'm far right wing and most people of that ideology are very religious, I don't think "party lining" my opinion has anything to do with it.

_________________
Image


May 26th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7298
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
slybri19 wrote:
DevilDoc, I did Ask, Seek, Knock, but the invisible Dude In The Sky didn't answer.

Steensn, I said that I may be an exception to the rule. I never said that indoctrination or brainwashing of children to follow their parents' beliefs didn't take place because it does. Also, since I'm far right wing and most people of that ideology are very religious, I don't think "party lining" my opinion has anything to do with it.



Being an alter boy did it. LOL. Just kidding Sly. LOL.


May 27th, 2011, 7:13 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Sly,

How much emphasis did the Catholic Church you attended put on reading the Bible? I know from a few that I've been to, that reading the Bible isn't encouraged, because the "flock" doesn't have the training to understand what's written. This is why the move of Martin Luther was so important, because it took the power and authority away from the church leaders and placed it in the hands of the common man.

Just like we are seeing in our educational system today: If you can keep people ignorant you can control them. Not to sidetrack a sidetracked thread, but that's what is going on with our educational system. Textbooks and plans are introduced that are actually dumming our children down, so that when the time comes, they'll be easier to control. No FREE THINKERS allowed. Look at the City of Detroit, 47% illiterate! If I were to be Mayor and say, okay if you do this, this, and this and you'll receive housing, food, utilities and medical care, what do you think would happen?

Getting back on point, there are many answers to many questions within the Bible but it requires the hunger to look for it, the faith to believe it's there, and a persistence to keep looking until found. This is also where I have experienced the Lord most often in my life. I'll give you a recent example from a few years ago. Our church had just lost it's pastor and we were using an interim pastor and conducting a search for a new one. The Moderator (volunteer leader of the congregation who facilitates the administrational duties) was stepping down after his tenure. I was serving as Vice-Mod and needed to either find his replacement or take the position. Problem was, I had not been trained for that position so I didn't know what to do, or how to do it.

So 6 mos. prior to his leaving, I got the "impression" that I needed to get up and start spending some time reading my Bible in the morning. So in obedience I got up and so okay Lord, I'm up, where would you like me to read. Again, I got the impression to go to the book of Joshua. Now long story short, Joshua was a leader who served under Moses, and was charged with taking the people into the Promised Land. 1 man in charge of a few million people, that's a lot of responsibility. What was amazing to me, is how the words leapt off the page and spoke right to my situation. I tried to replace the Mod, but the longer that time went on, it became clear that I was to assume the role. That was 2.5 years ago, and I'm now on my final 6 mos. of duty. We've lead a congregation through bringing in a new pastor, changing some ways we conduct ministry, (more servant oriented than me oriented), we've taken a food pantry and turned it into it's own non-profit, which current feeds about 1,000 people a month. So there have been many struggles and yet many victories by our Executive Council.

The long story short is that the Bible is known as the living Word. It speaks throughout the generations, and applies to our daily lives. The kicker is whether or now we wish to believe it and apply it. The OT was a time of the Law, do's and don't, and if you did and weren't supposed to generally it cost you your life and that of your family. Decisions bear consequences good and bad! If a military makes a bad decision, his troops die, if he makes a good one his troops get the victory although some may die. That's war! But it's a good example of the incompetence of Washington, and how this country is suffering under the present leadership by committee, polls, and incompetence.

So if you'd still like to have answers to some questions, I know of a few Christians that would probably do there best to research, pray, and find out some answers or the locations thereof so that you can read it for yourself.

It goes back to what I've been saying: Christianity is not head knowledge but heart knowledge. The lie of the world is that we "NEED" to understand with our minds, in order to believe. I say believe with your heart, and your mind will fall into place, not because of brainwashing, but because you will experience the truth, and it will set you FREE!

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 27th, 2011, 8:32 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
I think Sly, like me, went to Sunday school and I know in my case we read and studied the Bible. In my 20's when I started questioning things and moved to Dallas, I studied the Bible every day with Southern Baptist who were much more hard core.

What you need to understand, from the perspective of prior believers, is that what really sets you FREE is the ability to let go of all your childhood fears drilled into your head - realize you actually won't go to a hell that doesn't exist - question everything from the beginning and realize the real truth, not the one that you were taught.

Part of the truth is that prayer has no effect. It can be measured by the lack of any measurement. Part of the truth is that you don't need to rely on anyone else, its all inside of you already. I can't tell you how important and powerful that is. Imagine you rely on outside (and imaginary) support because you think/feel you need help, but then figure out that you really don't - you are empowered beyond belief. Realize that you are flawed but don't have to turn to anyone else to do the right thing, or ask for forgiveness if you are still weak, because you have an inner strength that serves as your moral compass and gives you the strength to not have to "sin" in the first place. Again, so powerful. I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the idea.

Have you seen the Matrix, remember how they "free your mind" - well it is similar in that "believers" are caught inside this make believe world, take the red pill and FREE your mind. Like the Matrix, the vast majority of people go around believing they live in the real world and are too "fill in the blank" to set themselves free.

To use a similar example to DevilDoc. Raise your hand in front of your face, wiggle your fingers in front of you. Each finger represents a need that you have. Now slowly put down each finger until only your index finger remains pointing upward, now slowy turn that finger towards your chest. You are now pointing at the answer to all your questions, no outside help required. You are now FREE!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 27th, 2011, 9:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
slybri19 wrote:
Steensn, I said that I may be an exception to the rule. I never said that indoctrination or brainwashing of children to follow their parents' beliefs didn't take place because it does.


The point is, someone just writting off every Christian, Athiest, Muslim, etc. as "you just believe that because you were brought up that way" is stupid lazy thinking.It creates a fals cause ans effect relationship that the same people touting it themselves usually are the proof of its stupidity.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 27th, 2011, 11:08 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo wrote:
I think Sly, like me, went to Sunday school and I know in my case we read and studied the Bible. In my 20's when I started questioning things and moved to Dallas, I studied the Bible every day with Southern Baptist who were much more hard core.

What you need to understand, from the perspective of prior believers, is that what really sets you FREE is the ability to let go of all your childhood fears drilled into your head - realize you actually won't go to a hell that doesn't exist - question everything from the beginning and realize the real truth, not the one that you were taught.

Part of the truth is that prayer has no effect. It can be measured by the lack of any measurement. Part of the truth is that you don't need to rely on anyone else, its all inside of you already. I can't tell you how important and powerful that is. Imagine you rely on outside (and imaginary) support because you think/feel you need help, but then figure out that you really don't - you are empowered beyond belief. Realize that you are flawed but don't have to turn to anyone else to do the right thing, or ask for forgiveness if you are still weak, because you have an inner strength that serves as your moral compass and gives you the strength to not have to "sin" in the first place. Again, so powerful. I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the idea.

Have you seen the Matrix, remember how they "free your mind" - well it is similar in that "believers" are caught inside this make believe world, take the red pill and FREE your mind. Like the Matrix, the vast majority of people go around believing they live in the real world and are too "fill in the blank" to set themselves free.

To use a similar example to DevilDoc. Raise your hand in front of your face, wiggle your fingers in front of you. Each finger represents a need that you have. Now slowly put down each finger until only your index finger remains pointing upward, now slowy turn that finger towards your chest. You are now pointing at the answer to all your questions, no outside help required. You are now FREE!


Here is the problem with all of that Pablo... you are not touting an open mind to think to a solution you are claiming to have found it which is absolutal the same crap you are pulling when you claim Devil or I are only scared into thinking God is real from our childhood. It's crap logic.

Further, you have demonstrated that either your forgot or weren't taught well what the ible teaches as you use use straw man arguments consistently to try and prove it wrong...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 27th, 2011, 11:51 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
steensn wrote:
Here is the problem with all of that Pablo... you are not touting an open mind to think to a solution you are claiming to have found it which is absolutal the same crap you are pulling when you claim Devil or I are only scared into thinking God is real from our childhood. It's crap logic.

Further, you have demonstrated that either your forgot or weren't taught well what the ible teaches as you use use straw man arguments consistently to try and prove it wrong...


It was a process, it wasn't any "ah ha" moment. Call it crap if you want, I call it liberating. It is also my reality, you don't have to agree with it and you can live in your own reality. Call it crap logic if you like or a straw man argument, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I haven't forgot what I was taught, I have replaced it with what I have found to be true for me. Replaced it for what makes sense for my unique brain. I don't expect you to understand it or accept it as your life has been full of different journeys or processes which has taken you to your current state of belief. I'm just telling you that I feel much more FREE than I ever did when I believed in God and Jesus. FREE of morals imposed by others than what I know to be true myself. FREE of guilt associated with thinking outside of the Christian box. FREE to explore other possibilities of explanation.

I'm sorry you don't feel like you have all the answers yourself, in fact I find it quite sad. Whether God exist or not is somewhat irrelevant, because even if he does he has given you all the tools you need. You say things like matters are "in Gods hands" which couldn't be further from the truth as the are, in reality, "in your hands".

There is a saying about "walking a mile in their shoes" - well I walked a lot longer in your shoes than a mile. How long have you walked in my shoes? Fact is, you won't even contemplate trying them on. Further, you have worn one pair of shoes your entire life, pretty hard to really compare them to any other pair. Please try mine on before calling them crap no matter how attached you are to your current pair.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 27th, 2011, 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo,

My heart actually breaks to see where you have come to at this point in your life. That is not to say I'm judging you by any means. I have seen prayer work with my own eyes, I am embroiled in a tragic situation right now, that could grossly affect my families future. We didn't choose this path, it was thrust upon us, but we still have to live out the days. One challenge in particular that was causing significant concern was a legal retainer of 10k that I could not meet. We were going through our retirement stuff to see if we could help offset the cost, and put the rest up as a matter of prayer. Without saying anything to anyone, except prayer partners concerning the need for the Lord to supply in x, y, and z. The Lord responded by meeting the total cost of what was needed, from someone who is aware of what we are going through but didn't know of the fees until the last minute.

As I've said all along, I have heart knowledge and personal experience. We as Christians are supposed to be Ambassadors for Christ. That means that people get their perception of who Jesus is, based upon their perception of us. Now if I'm a Sunday Christian that has the stuff plastered on the car as I'm flipping people off and driving like lunatics, then the impression isn't very favorable. I for one, am hopeful that through this thread you can hear a "different" kind of Christian. What I mean by that is not one who is better or proud, but one who realizes that I'm a fallen man, and the only thing about that's special is HIM. My heart's desire is to be a friend, make a friend, and lead a friend to Christ. Not by beating you with a Bible, or arguing with you about Scripture, but by loving my neighbor as myself and seeking to do all I can to help those around me. Afterall, people don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Let me assure you that I'm not perfect, I still swear on occassion (thankfully fewer than I used to) and I have my "weak" spots that I have to wrestle with, but in the end, I rely upon God's grace. I can't save myself, and although I am powerful and can overcome many things, the one thing I can not do is save myself.

Perfect love casts out all fear, and we've not been given a spirit of fear but of love. So if fear is what is used to "drill" things into our head in order to get us to go to heaven, then that's not Christianity in my opinion. Hell does exist, I've seen a dying man approach the abyss and fight with every ounce of physical strength to stay. This man weighed 90 pounds soaking wet, and yet he was able to pull things off the wall with superhuman strength. I've seen it, I've seen the maniacle, fear laiden look in the eyes that saw what was ahead, and was struggling to remain.

We may stand on opposite sides of the fence, but that doesn't mean that I can't do my best to break the barrier. You may not want it, you may not wish to believe, but that's only because the eyes of your heart have been seared. Bad experiences can do that, deception can do that, false religions can do that, but only love can bring you back.

As for Southern Baptists, I've have had the "pleasure" of dealing with some of them as well. I've been shunned because I didn't agree with their doctrine, I've been involved in their gang attack on a muslim, actually had him cornered in a room, while 3 SB Christians tried to convert him. Didn't go well....

I will tell you this with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY. Man has absolutely screwed up Christianity's image in many ways, but that's why I'm glad it doesn't depend upon man. I've seen churches fight and split because of selfish issues. I've seen Sunday as the most segregated day in the U.S. I've seen one faith bad mouth another because worship styles were different, and it breaks my heart. If Jesus Christ is our Lord, and the only way to heaven is through the acceptance of His sacrifice, then the sign in front of your building DOES NOT MATTER. We as humans segregate ourselves and then point fingers at those people out there. It actually makes me angry to see pastors that teach that nonsense. But I'm not going to add to the fire by increasing the anger, I just need to live my faith as evident to all, and do my best to love in the name of Jesus. If that draws some people to Christ, and HE allows me to lead some to Him, then I'm blessed because I've been found worthy. But if I have to take the abuse, and mockings because people don't agree with how I live, then I'll take it, because it's my life and I'll live it.

I sincerely hope that you will open the eyes of your heart, and listen for that still small voice that wants to show you so many truths Pablo. I can't say it with enough urgency, and fervor to help you understand that the Lord that you don't think exists, does indeed exist, and is waiting for you to take the step in faith towards him. One step in faith, that's it, just one step! I will continue to pray that the Lord will give you the faith the size of a mustard seed, in order that you might "taste and see that the Lord is good."

I also would like to issue a challenge to Billy and Steesn that they begin if they haven't already, to put you, Sly, and Blueskies in prayer. Just asking that Ephesians 1:16-18 and Isaiah 61.1 become true in your lives. I promise you that if/when you come to know the Lord as I have grown to know Him, the blessings will be overwhelming, and we will be able to sit in heaven and recall these conversations someday. I will pray for you, you have my word on that!!! I can only plant the seed, the fruit is up to Him.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 27th, 2011, 1:18 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
If you didn't make the claim that the freeing your mind to find the truth means refuting God then I wouldn't call it crap. If you didn't claim that people only beileve in God because of how they were brought up, I wouldn't call it crap. if you didn't claim I need to be an athiest to understand what you mean, I wouldn't call it crap.

I'm not calling your beliefs crap, I'm calling your presentation and false intellectualism crap.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 27th, 2011, 1:29 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9400
Location: Dallas
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
DevilDoc wrote:
heart actually breaks to see where you have come to at this point in your life. That is not to say I'm judging you by any means. I have seen prayer work with my own eyes, I am embroiled in a tragic situation right now, that could grossly affect my families future. We didn't choose this path, it was thrust upon us, but we still have to live out the days. One challenge in particular that was causing significant concern was a legal retainer of 10k that I could not meet. We were going through our retirement stuff to see if we could help offset the cost, and put the rest up as a matter of prayer. Without saying anything to anyone, except prayer partners concerning the need for the Lord to supply in x, y, and z. The Lord responded by meeting the total cost of what was needed, from someone who is aware of what we are going through but didn't know of the fees until the last minute.


First, don't let your heart break for me. I am much more FREE than I ever was. Much happier too. I'm blessed (in a different sort of way) for my family and friends.

Second, I've seen that exact situation play out (different $ amounts but same principle) for those who didn't pray. I've seen it work out for my best friend (Jewish) and other non-believers. You see something that again doesn't exist because you so badly want to see it. The fact that it works out for those who don't pray tells you something if you are open to listening. Prayer, scientifically speaking, can be shown in study after study to have zero effect. You see what you want to see.

I get you listen with your heart, but honestly bad decisions are mad with the heart because one emotion gets put into the equation (and that is what the heart does) - your decision making is much more compromised.

If your Lord does exist, and does indeed interfere in your life as you claim, than I issue him a challenge to revel himself to me so I can then act like another man once named Paul who spread the word. In fact, Lord if you are there I give you exactly one week to respond to this challenge if you are up to it. I'll be happy to report back in one week if he is up to the challenge to show himself to me. If he exist, as you claim, then he created me the way I am and has the power to change the way I think if that is indeed what he really wants.

Anyone want to place any bets?

Honestly, if "Jesus Christ is our Lord, and the only way to heaven is through the acceptance of His sacrifice" I want no part of him. If he can't judge us by who we are and how we act and treat others while here on our Earth for such a short period of time, then he is no better than all those that judge us based on labels here.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 27th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7298
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: The war of Gog and Magog.
Pablo wrote:
DevilDoc wrote:
heart actually breaks to see where you have come to at this point in your life. That is not to say I'm judging you by any means. I have seen prayer work with my own eyes, I am embroiled in a tragic situation right now, that could grossly affect my families future. We didn't choose this path, it was thrust upon us, but we still have to live out the days. One challenge in particular that was causing significant concern was a legal retainer of 10k that I could not meet. We were going through our retirement stuff to see if we could help offset the cost, and put the rest up as a matter of prayer. Without saying anything to anyone, except prayer partners concerning the need for the Lord to supply in x, y, and z. The Lord responded by meeting the total cost of what was needed, from someone who is aware of what we are going through but didn't know of the fees until the last minute.


First, don't let your heart break for me. I am much more FREE than I ever was. Much happier too. I'm blessed (in a different sort of way) for my family and friends.

Second, I've seen that exact situation play out (different $ amounts but same principle) for those who didn't pray. I've seen it work out for my best friend (Jewish) and other non-believers. You see something that again doesn't exist because you so badly want to see it. The fact that it works out for those who don't pray tells you something if you are open to listening. Prayer, scientifically speaking, can be shown in study after study to have zero effect. You see what you want to see.

I get you listen with your heart, but honestly bad decisions are mad with the heart because one emotion gets put into the equation (and that is what the heart does) - your decision making is much more compromised.

If your Lord does exist, and does indeed interfere in your life as you claim, than I issue him a challenge to revel himself to me so I can then act like another man once named Paul who spread the word. In fact, Lord if you are there I give you exactly one week to respond to this challenge if you are up to it. I'll be happy to report back in one week if he is up to the challenge to show himself to me. If he exist, as you claim, then he created me the way I am and has the power to change the way I think if that is indeed what he really wants.

Anyone want to place any bets?

Honestly, if "Jesus Christ is our Lord, and the only way to heaven is through the acceptance of His sacrifice" I want no part of him. If he can't judge us by who we are and how we act and treat others while here on our Earth for such a short period of time, then he is no better than all those that judge us based on labels here.


Be careful what you are asking for and only ask it if you are completely serious. Just remember, Paul went blind for 3 days until, I think it was Philip that healed him. Philip is dead now. LOL. But, I will pray that GOD works a work in you that you can't deny.

edited to add:

Actually, from some of your replies, I think GOD is already working on you.


May 27th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.