View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next
 Astronomy/Scientific Question 
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Astronomy/Scientific Question
Quote:
PRAYER STRIKES

SHOCK and AWmen??

June 19th, 2011, 3:03 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

NICE!!!

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

June 19th, 2011, 6:08 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Sly, it won't be my effort, or doing that you will come to know Jesus. All I'm doing is taking your name before Him, saying Father, have you considered my friend Sly? It is up to Him to call you, and it's up to you to respond. So in the end, all I have is prayer and hope that through your jokes, and life choices, you will someday be called, and will make the decision to take the step. I'm sure your family is knocking on the doors of heaven too! So don't mind me, I'll be over here calling in PRAYER STRIKES!

Awesome term there WE4C. And I too am praying for, ( in no particular order ), Wags, Pablo, Sly, Blueskys, and RegJoe twice a day. Morning prayer and bedtime prayer.

edited to add:

You guys are on borrowed time as non Christians. You are outnumbered. Besides us praying for your salvation, I am sure your saved family members are praying for the same.

June 19th, 2011, 11:05 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
PRAYER STRIKES

SHOCK and AWmen??

Additional coordinates for the Tactical Shock and AWmen Prayer Strikes:

My Wife, 4 kids, and 6 Grandkids. Thery are getting warmed up to the idea. But, they aren't totally there yet.

June 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Send me a pm with first names only and I'll lift up before the Lord!

June 19th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm also not sure if the discussion is turned blase' but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

I started thinking about this the other day and it has now come into focus in such a way that I wanted to share it and see what people's thoughts are.

In looking back over the discussions in this thread and the other one I wondered if people are having difficulty grasping their identity, as it relates to God.

Think about it, is there any other religion in the world, that says you can be a son of God? You can't be a son of allah, nor of buddha, or krishna or any of the others that I'm aware of, but through the blood of Jesus you can be a son of God. Do NOT MISINTERPRET my words, I'm not saying we would be equal to Jesus in any way, but we would be adopted into the family through Jesus. Neil Anderson teaches this very well and very clear in his book, "Victory over the darkness." Through the scriptures there are several places where it states who we are in Christ, because of Christ. So if I am able to be an adopted son of Christ, why is it I live like a beggar? Why do I wallow in the filth of this life? Is this really the best their is?

Pablo, Sly, I know that you two specifically claim no faith at all, and have kind of developed your own belief system or have none at all, but COULD there be a chance, that in your previous upbringing, you didn't understand who you were? Keep in mind that our enemy the devil, doesn't want mankind to know who he is. For us to know, means that we see him for who he is, and that gives us the authority and confidence to reject him. He, the devil, strives very hard to keep us sleeping in deception, because the alternative, would destroy him.

If you would like, I will find my copy and provide a list of who we are in Christ, and what that means. But just think, as son's we have the right, and the opportunity to crawl into the lap of God, through prayer and say father, I have need of this, or would like for you to do that. In fact, I'm reminded of this popular story that best illustrates what I'm talking about.

At the edge of the woods, near a small farm, a baby eagle fell out of the nest. The farmer found the eagle, and thinking it was one of his own, brought him to the chicken coop with his other chickens. As time passed, the baby eagle grew up learning to do what chickens do. He clucked, he strutted around the coop pecking at the corn and even tried his voice at the morning wake-up call.

A neighbor came to visit his friend the chicken farmer. He was surprised to see the eagle strutting around the chicken coop, pecking at the ground, and acting like a chicken. The farmer explained to him that he had brought the bird to the coop as a chick and only later discovered that it was an eagle. He further told his friend that since the bird had been raised a chicken that the bird actually believed himself to be a chicken.

The neighbor knew there was more to this noble bird than his behavior showed as a chicken. He was born an eagle and had the heart of an eagle, and nothing could change that. The neighbor reached down and lifted the eagle onto the fence surrounding the chicken coop and said, “Eagle, you are an eagle. Stretch your wings and fly.” The eagle only look blankly at the man and clucked. He jumped off the fence and continued doing what chicken do. The farmer was satisfied. “I told you - he thinks he’s a chicken,” he said.

The neighbor couldn’t sleep that night and returned the next day to convince the farmer that the eagle was born for something greater. The man took the eagle from the dirty coop and carried him to the top of the farmhouse. Setting the bird down on the roof, the neighbor spoke to him: “Eagle, you are an eagle. You therefore belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch your wings and fly.” The large bird blinked at the man, clucked, and then jumped down into the chicken coop.

After another restless night, the friend returned the next morning to the chicken farm and took the eagle and the farmer away from the chicken coop to the foot of a high mountain. They could not see the farm nor the chicken coop from this great height. The man lifted the eagle on his outstretched arm and pointed high into the sky where the bright sun was beckoning above. He spoke: “Eagle, you are an eagle! You therefore belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch your wings and fly.” This time the eagle stared skyward into the bright sun, straightened his large body, and stretched his massive wings. His wings moved, slowly at first, then surely and powerfully.

With the mighty screech of an eagle, he flew away.

June 20th, 2011, 3:35 pm
RIP Killer

Great story, see how the Eagle was brainwashed from birth and only once he saw that which was true was he able to become his true self. You too, WarEr4Christ, can soar like an Eagle once you stop believing you are the chicken that you were raised to believe you are.

Sorry, I couldn't resist... 8)

Here is a bird story I like

There was a boy who didn't like a wise old man in his village. The old man didn't share the same belief system as the boy and most of the rest of the villagers, rather tending to focus on his own experience and intellect for direction instead of turning to the church and prayer to the Gods worshiped within the village..

The boy says to himself: “I’m going to go up to that old man and ask him if the bird in my hands is dead or alive. If the man says the bird is alive, I will crush it, open my hands and say ‘ahh, the bird is dead.’ If the man says the bird is dead, I will open my hands and let it fly away.” The boy goes up to the old man, in front of the entire village in an attempt to humiliate and discredit him, and says, “Mister, I have a bird in my hands. Is this bird dead or alive?”

The old man looks at the boy's hands for a moment and then slowly raises his eyes.

“Son,” the man says staring into the boy’s eyes, “The bird is in your hands.”

WarEr4Christ, the bird is in your hands!

June 20th, 2011, 5:52 pm
Profile WWW

WarEr4Christ, the bird is in your hands!

Actually my dear brother, it is you who have the bird in your hands. For the bird represents your eternal life, you alone have the choice to soar among the heavens, or kill it, and let it fall to the dirt. The choice is yours, and I am ready, willing, and praying for the day to come that you will be led to make that choice of your own free will.

All that I am doing is building a bridge of friendship, between our hearts if you will, you know where I stand, you know that I'm praying, and you know that I am serious. I will not push you, nor will I force this upon you, but it is you who must choose. Through the prayers of friends here on the LB website, I hope and pray that when the bridge is complete, it will be Jesus who walks across.

I read something earlier today that reminded me of you. It said that it is man who looks upon the exterior or physical and makes a judgment based upon what he sees, but it is God who looks at a mans heart, and wants to know him there! All I can do is be authentic, true, and consistent in prayer, hoping that as your name goes before the Lord, one day you will stretch your wings, and fly right into the arms of the God who loves you so much.

There is a song I've sung many times to my daughter that is really quite beautiful if you give it a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE

As I have said oh so often, you must look with the eyes of your heart in order to see Him who you wish to know. Your eternal destination is in your hands, will you let it soar, or will you kill it? The decision is yours, let me know if you need anything? In fact, if you wish to talk this through in person, send me a pm and I'll give you my cell number, and I'll gladly speak with you.

June 20th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Pablo, since you liked the last story maybe you'll appreciate this one?

Forgetting is no small problem. Of all the enemies our hearts must face, this may be the worst because it is insidious. Forgetfulness does not come against us like an enemy in full battle formation, banners waving. Nor does it come temptingly, seductively, the lady in red. It works slowly, commonly, unnoticed. My wife had a beautiful climbing rose vine that began to fill an arbor in her garden. We enjoyed the red blossoms it produced every summer. But last year, something happened. The vine suddenly turned brown, dropped its flowers, and died within the course of a week. After all that loving care we couldn't figure out what went wrong. A call to the nursery revealed that a worm had gotten into the stalk of the vine and eaten away at the life from the inside. Such is the work of forgetfulness. It cuts us off from our life so slowly, we barely notice, until one day the blooms of our faith are suddenly gone. ~ John Eldredge (Journey of Desire)

I struggle with forgetfulness myself. For all of my life's experiences where I have seen direct intervention, on my behalf, by the Lord I am amazed at how soon I can forget these instances, and start floundering in unbelief. I'm so thankful that we don't have to earn our way, or find our way, because its already been made, we just have to choose and then walk in it. But I promise you there is a love, and experience like no other.

btw Pablo, did you understand my point about the identity or did I lose you on that?

June 21st, 2011, 8:22 am
RIP Killer

I've got a story I'm gonna make up for you guys:
------------------
This is a story of three young men.

The first young man grew up with his parents teaching him that jumping off the Empire State building would result in him splattering when he hit the ground.

The second young man grew up with his parents teaching him that truth can only be known from personal experience and everyone’s is different.

The third young man grew up in the plain of Africa. He had never once been further than a few feet off the ground as there were no trees for climbing, no cliffs for falling off, no houses to or ladders for their community to understand even the concept of falling.

One day these three young men found each other in a heated argument over this matter. The second boy scoffed at the first telling him that he only believes what he does because he grew up brainwashed by his parents! The third, wanting to have the most intellectual opinion agreed stating he was convinced by the second young man.

The first boy thought of a great idea and challenged the second and third young man on how he could possibly mock his stance when he hadn't even taken the time to find out on his own what the truth was. Realizing that this was in direct violation of what he was saying, he agreed that they all three would go to the top and test to see what the truth was.

The second and third boy mocked the first the whole way as if this was the important part, the process to knowing the truth, finding out on your own, this was what everyone needed to to to know any truth.

As they got to the top and looked out, the second and third boy were silent. With all his mocking they didn't realize that to test this they were going to have to... JUMP! Trying to make face of the situation, being intellectuals of course, they climbed to the ledge and suddenly froze! They was terrified!

The first boy sees this and cries out his hypocrisy. How could one be so afraid if he can't know the truth unless he test it? How could the other be so afraid if this is the first time he has ever been faced with the concept of falling further than over his own two feet! Neither boy had once seen anyone fall to their death, they only read about it every once and a while. They never investigated it, they never had a chance to really know from first or second hand experience what the truth was. How could both be so afraid!

They stood there for about an hour and the third young man said, "This is stupid! How did I let you talk me into something so obviously dumb? I got up here and knew deep down what the truth is!" Suddenly the second young man turns around and gets off the ledge as well.

Smiling the first young man looks at the second young man and asks what changed his mind. The second young man answers, "I couldn't shake the fact that being wrong meant I would die. The truth is what matters, not how I figured it out."
----------------
Anyone who says they care about the process is a hypocrite and a liar when the balls are to the wall. Intellectualism for the sake of intellectualism is complete hogwash.

June 21st, 2011, 11:54 am

What I appreciate in this story is the willingness of the first boy to endure the ridicule of the other two, while leading them on a journey that will show them the truth.

I am so thankful for grace, because without it, none of us could handle life. "For it is by grace that you've been saved through faith, not by your own hands, so that no man can boast, but it is a gift of God." Eph. 2:8-9

As I was trying to illustrate earlier, I find it to be interesting that we don't know or understand who we are. Especially Christians! If we understood that through the relationship with Jesus Christ, we are adopted into the family of God, we bear His name upon our hearts and lives. In a time when honor meant something, carrying the family name was a huge responsibility, especially to young men. Thankfully, there are some who still see the wisdom in that, and they teach it to their sons and daughters too. But sadly, many do not, and you can see the starvation of morals in our younger society.

Does anyone see the correlation between the topic and why I asked the questions?

1. We can believe the writings of very intelligent men and women now but why can't we believe the writings of the common man in ancient text?

2. How often do we marvel at ancient discoveries of text and we feast over the information that is provided, but yet we reject the same book that has survived thousands of years?

3. Scripture has changed over the course of time, men have added or taken away, but in the end we have a book that is relevant to today. It has been written in today's venacular, and still speaks truth to our everyday situations. Could this be why it's called the LIVING WORD? Because it lives and adapts as we use it in our lives?

June 22nd, 2011, 8:20 am
Varsity Captain

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm also not sure if the discussion is turned blase' but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

I started thinking about this the other day and it has now come into focus in such a way that I wanted to share it and see what people's thoughts are.

In looking back over the discussions in this thread and the other one I wondered if people are having difficulty grasping their identity, as it relates to God.

Think about it, is there any other religion in the world, that says you can be a son of God? You can't be a son of allah, nor of buddha, or krishna or any of the others that I'm aware of, but through the blood of Jesus you can be a son of God. Do NOT MISINTERPRET my words, I'm not saying we would be equal to Jesus in any way, but we would be adopted into the family through Jesus. Neil Anderson teaches this very well and very clear in his book, "Victory over the darkness." Through the scriptures there are several places where it states who we are in Christ, because of Christ. So if I am able to be an adopted son of Christ, why is it I live like a beggar? Why do I wallow in the filth of this life? Is this really the best their is?

Pablo, Sly, I know that you two specifically claim no faith at all, and have kind of developed your own belief system or have none at all, but COULD there be a chance, that in your previous upbringing, you didn't understand who you were? Keep in mind that our enemy the devil, doesn't want mankind to know who he is. For us to know, means that we see him for who he is, and that gives us the authority and confidence to reject him. He, the devil, strives very hard to keep us sleeping in deception, because the alternative, would destroy him.

If you would like, I will find my copy and provide a list of who we are in Christ, and what that means. But just think, as son's we have the right, and the opportunity to crawl into the lap of God, through prayer and say father, I have need of this, or would like for you to do that. In fact, I'm reminded of this popular story that best illustrates what I'm talking about.

At the edge of the woods, near a small farm, a baby eagle fell out of the nest. The farmer found the eagle, and thinking it was one of his own, brought him to the chicken coop with his other chickens. As time passed, the baby eagle grew up learning to do what chickens do. He clucked, he strutted around the coop pecking at the corn and even tried his voice at the morning wake-up call.

A neighbor came to visit his friend the chicken farmer. He was surprised to see the eagle strutting around the chicken coop, pecking at the ground, and acting like a chicken. The farmer explained to him that he had brought the bird to the coop as a chick and only later discovered that it was an eagle. He further told his friend that since the bird had been raised a chicken that the bird actually believed himself to be a chicken.

The neighbor knew there was more to this noble bird than his behavior showed as a chicken. He was born an eagle and had the heart of an eagle, and nothing could change that. The neighbor reached down and lifted the eagle onto the fence surrounding the chicken coop and said, “Eagle, you are an eagle. Stretch your wings and fly.” The eagle only look blankly at the man and clucked. He jumped off the fence and continued doing what chicken do. The farmer was satisfied. “I told you - he thinks he’s a chicken,” he said.

The neighbor couldn’t sleep that night and returned the next day to convince the farmer that the eagle was born for something greater. The man took the eagle from the dirty coop and carried him to the top of the farmhouse. Setting the bird down on the roof, the neighbor spoke to him: “Eagle, you are an eagle. You therefore belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch your wings and fly.” The large bird blinked at the man, clucked, and then jumped down into the chicken coop.

After another restless night, the friend returned the next morning to the chicken farm and took the eagle and the farmer away from the chicken coop to the foot of a high mountain. They could not see the farm nor the chicken coop from this great height. The man lifted the eagle on his outstretched arm and pointed high into the sky where the bright sun was beckoning above. He spoke: “Eagle, you are an eagle! You therefore belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch your wings and fly.” This time the eagle stared skyward into the bright sun, straightened his large body, and stretched his massive wings. His wings moved, slowly at first, then surely and powerfully.

"crawl into the lap of god" sounds like a catholic priest pickup line.

June 22nd, 2011, 10:19 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

aughsum wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

"crawl into the lap of god" sounds like a catholic priest pickup line.

:roll: Can we keep the Catholic Priest/Alter Boy scandal out of serious discussions? Everyone knows just how wrong that whole thing was/is. And Warrior wasn't speaking anything of the sort.

June 23rd, 2011, 10:25 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Leave it to the Catholic church to tarnish the Christian name...AGAIN.

June 23rd, 2011, 10:58 am

Leave it to the Catholic church to tarnish the Christian name...AGAIN.

Joe,
I realize this is probably a jest, but in sincerity, it's not the Catholic Church that's bad, it's fallen man. We've all fallen short of the glory of God, and because of that we needed a "bridge" to provide the way back.

Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. So when you have a religion that has absolute control over the Scriptures because the "common" man is too common to understand it, the potential for corruption is there. that was Martin Luther's whole argument, and subsequent reason for putting the Scriptures in the hands of the common. Thankfully!

I continue to be amazed at how whole families are carried off into bondage by the twisting of God's Word. Look at the cult in Kansas, who are disrupting and corrupting military funerals. That is not Scriptural in any way, but yet they are doing it, because it get's their SHAMEFULL message out.

Where in all of Scripture did God, or Jesus tell us to hate our enemies? Where did God or Jesus tell us to condemn and judge? I can tell you that He did not in any way shape or form instruct His followers to do that. In fact, it's quite the contrary and could best be described by this little ditty: When do you clean a fish, before or after you catch him?

Sin is the result of a choice, and sin is what deceives us, in most cases driving us to fulfill our own selfish desires, whatever they may be. So in truth, it is the responsibility of the body of Christ, to love those around them, and form a relationship with them, and lead them to the feet of Christ through PRAYER. I don't wish to beat you with my Bible, nor do I wish force feed anyone, but what I can do, is form a friendship, live and lead by example, and pray, hoping that through the course of time, the hearts of those without Jesus, will be stirred by the difference they see in my life, and will want to know how I can navigate life's hazards with peace and love.

That's my view on it anyway.....

June 24th, 2011, 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next