View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Astronomy/Scientific Question 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Astronomy/Scientific Question
regularjoe12 wrote:
I honestly dont know why you guys keep at this...yer never going to change Pablos mind...it was a decent conversation 3-4 years ago...but it's pretty much become wash-rinse-repeat forever now.

So, if your child keeps trying to stick a knife in an electric socket, you will eventually just give up? It's the same principal except Pablo isn't a child. LOL.

August 16th, 2011, 3:18 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I honestly dont know why you guys keep at this...yer never going to change Pablos mind...it was a decent conversation 3-4 years ago...but it's pretty much become wash-rinse-repeat forever now.

So, if your child keeps trying to stick a knife in an electric socket, you will eventually just give up? It's the same principal except Pablo isn't a child. LOL.

Thanks Billy, can you tell my wife that because she insists I still am!

August 16th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Thanks for the reminder RegJoe, but in all seriousness, if it's become old hat, stop looking in the closet. I'm not trying to be rude but I find it interesting how so many "Christians" have an opinion.

For me to quit discussing pertinent matters with Pablo, Sly, Mineral, and so on is like the four friends deciding their friend was just too heavy to lift onto the roof. Especially since it's not our roof, and once we tear a hole in it, then we got to fix it, and do we really like this guy that much anyway?

I'm not bunching you in with "those Christians" but I've seen a few comments by CINO's earlier. Just like the statistic from a little while ago stated, 80% of Americans claim to be Christian. Yeah and....

We are sharing viewpoints and perspectives, Pablo and the rest are aware of that. I'm not beating him wiht my Bible, and anyone can leave at any time. Some already have, but the constant flow of communication is good, and although it may be old hat to you, I care enough to continue inspite of the appearance of failure.

If the results were left up to us then you would be correct we've failed miserably, and we need to leave it alone. But the results are up to us, but being willing to demonstrate our faith, and being willing to reach out to friends because we care, is what sets us apart.

But thanks for commenting!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 16th, 2011, 3:23 pm
QB Coach

Pablo, then call her a pedophile when she does... JUST be prepared to get slapped.... :P

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 16th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Hall of Fame Player

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Pablo, then call her a pedophile when she does... JUST be prepared to get slapped.... :P

LOL. #-o

August 16th, 2011, 3:42 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

well with all do respect thats not at all what it is like. and thats why i bring it up. What it REALLY is like is you slamming your head against a brick wall with the thought that if you slam your face against it one more time it'll break. Pablos a grown man who knows all about god and jesus. he's made his decision and it's going to take more than an internet blog to change it. he's even told you this point blank.
Please dont misunderstand me. Im not saying you guys are doing anything wrong or that you are causing anyone else any harm...but you certainly arnt doing yerselves the good you'd like to believe. and lord knows reading these conversations being had in a civilized tone is refreshing.

the parable about seeds comes to mind. Are you planing in fertile soil? me thinks not. (no offense intended there Pablo...the "fertile soil" is in refrence to openness to faith and nothing more)

August 16th, 2011, 4:25 pm
RIP Killer

no offense taken! :twisted:

August 16th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Never, never, never give up.
Winston Churchill

I would prefer to follow the advice of Churchill and leave the outcome to the Lord himself. Pablo and the others can and have made their decision based upon present experiences, but I believe and know that the Lord himself can change those circumstances to introduce himself at any time. So it may appear that I'm beating my head against a wall, but in reality, I'm breaking down boundaries (sometimes using my head) and being diligent about prayer for "thread friends" because I felt led to do so, and because I sincerely care.

So again, I choose to never, never, never give up, and let the Lord do what He will, because it's our prayers in agreement with the will of God that releases the Holy Spirit to do what He wants to do. I/WE are not in control, don't misunderstand that last statement, we are just given the opportunity to play a part in the workings of Christ, and it's a blessing and a priviledge to do so.

So I hope that explains it a little better, even if it looks foolish from the outside....

August 17th, 2011, 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25