View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 South Park coming to an end. 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post South Park coming to an end.
What a sad and depressingly beautiful way to go out if that's how it ends. Thanks for the laughs

June 9th, 2011, 4:13 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
are you saying last night was the final episode?? I dont THINK so.....
where did you hear that?

June 9th, 2011, 9:41 am
RIP Killer

Darn...

June 9th, 2011, 9:51 am

hey not all of us can wtach dancing with the stars...variety brotha! :wink:

June 9th, 2011, 9:52 am
QB Coach

Good, one more trashy cartoon off the t.v.

take American dad, and the rest of them with it.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 9th, 2011, 10:59 am

one mans trash is another mans treasure!!

June 9th, 2011, 11:46 am

regularjoe12 wrote:
where did you hear that?

After making that post I learned that they are under contract for 7 more episodes beggining Oct. 5

June 9th, 2011, 3:21 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Different strokes, why so judgemental? I wasn't a fan of South Park either but I do understand the appeal to folks with different tastes. If you don't like it simply don't watch, I only made it through a few minutes of one episode myself but I'm glad others enjoyed it.

I don't particularly like all the evangelical shows either so I don't watch them, but I'm not going to clamour for those to be taken off the air.

For those of you as "experienced" as I am, I'm so glad television has gone from 4 channels (ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS) to where we are now. Heck, I get to watch every single Lions game and I live in Cowboys country. So awesome and to each his own.

June 9th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Did you know that there are college courses centered around South Park and political correctness. In three semesters I've already taken 2 sociology courses in which the instructor referenced and used segments of South Park. That's cool if you don't like the show but "trashy" shows don't stay on the air for 15 years. South Park has won multiple awards for it's perspective on social issues and most of the episodes are finished only 1 or 2 days before it's scheduled air time.

June 9th, 2011, 3:33 pm

to give credit where credit is due, matt and Trey are not affraid to broach any subject and they have a pretty bold and honest take on the topics they tackle...they may not do it in the classiest of ways, but personally I've never been a huge fan of class anyhow! :wink:

June 9th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
where did you hear that?

After making that post I learned that they are under contract for 7 more episodes beggining Oct. 5

Ok I was going to say, Im a pretty big fan of the show and I have a feeling that the final episode of that would be advertised the same as that of Seinfeld and other such longevitied shows. I havn't heard anything about it comming to an end. Heck the season JUSt started this was like the 5th show so far?

June 9th, 2011, 5:25 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
to give credit where credit is due, matt and Trey are not affraid to broach any subject and they have a pretty bold and honest take on the topics they tackle...they may not do it in the classiest of ways, but personally I've never been a huge fan of class anyhow! :wink:

exactly. And they are not above ripping on themselves and thier own show

June 9th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

South Park will go down as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. It is a brilliant social commentary (and I especially love it because its given from a Libertarian perspective)

June 9th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I wouldn't say that I watch South Park every week or close to it, but I love it. I mostly just catch it on reruns, but it makes me laugh all the time. Then again, being a politically incorrect and anti-establishment type of person, most of their humor is similar to my way of thinking. Long Live South Park!

June 9th, 2011, 11:11 pm
QB Coach

Pablo,

my comment was based upon what I see is a "sales" technique to win the next generations hearts and minds. What I mean is that in my area, American Dad is on at dinner time, and is a "cartoon."

I have caught the AD episode where the main characters wife was in bed with the neighbor and they were getting ready to do the deed. The neighbor put his hand upon her cartoon chest, and then "deflated" so while he's screaming at his member, and then gets up to show his naked but, and begins to shock his member with a defib. The main character stumbles in and wins his wife back.

1. This is classified as humor now? That's sad in MY opinion
2. Children are or could be exposed to this because of how it's presented, and that's WRONG.
3. Yes parents ultimately need to take responsibility, but where's the decency of airing things of this nature at the appropriate times to help parents protect their children.

I don't agree with full blown censorship, but I do agree with common decency for the sake of the public. And yes it is nice that there are 4000 channels to watch, and most times nothing on t.v., but decency should reign over smut, even in cartoon form.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 10th, 2011, 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next