View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 12:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 South Park coming to an end. 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
aughsum wrote:
No reply needed. Just read this. Religious people are all the same - this "truth" that you speak of is one that you can't possibly know - science can't proove or disproove it, and the beliefs of science carry more weight with me than the beliefs of steensn.

It's not about just making your own mind about your own beliefs, rather than have those beliefs programmed into you by authority figures, it's about researching the topic and using facts as a basis for your own beliefs. So many "religious" people don't know a thing about their religion, yet they still spew all of this ignorance about it.. Like they get extra credit points in heaven for converting the heathens,

We're getting off topic.. We were talking about how your spiritual leaders rape kids, not about individual religious beliefs.


You don't by your BS. You don't live your live like the oath to your own truth matters you live like like someone who hasn't found it yet but needs to find meaning into something.

So you "know" that no one can know the truth? Really? Glad you can be the shining star of what you say is wrong with religious people. You are exactly what you claim is wrong with religion. You believe your beliefs are right, better than everyone elses, and you mock anyone who doesn't agree. How are you different? Because you artificially created a standard that HOW one got to their beliefs matters instead of the truth? You don't even practic what you preach, so how is anyone supposed to be bothered by what you say?

You claim to have "researched" your way to this point but ignorantly post above about "timelines" of religions. You didn't even take into context what the religions claimed, you seperated Christianity and Judaism.

Sorry aug, but you are effectively compensating for your lack of belief by trying to tear down others. I'm not too worried about your sarcastic comments that have no real bearing wince you don't practice what you preach.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 16th, 2011, 9:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
slybri19 wrote:
I think everyone here can surmise what my feelings about the 1st Amendment are, so there's no need to get into that. But with that said, with free speech, comes responsibility and consequences. For instance, you can't scream, "Fire!" in a crowded building. A person doing so would be responsible for any deaths or injuries that resulted by their actions. Also, you can't lie about someone (unless you're a politician), or else you can be brought to court for slander or libel. This "right" also doesn't apply in the private sector where you can't tell your boss to, "Go F Yourself!" or anything like that. There are limitations, based upon common sense, which the government shouldn't be involved in whatsoever. Let the people decide what is acceptable and what is not.


I agree! We just are on different sides of the "people."

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 16th, 2011, 9:51 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
steensn wrote:
aughsum wrote:
No reply needed. Just read this. Religious people are all the same - this "truth" that you speak of is one that you can't possibly know - science can't proove or disproove it, and the beliefs of science carry more weight with me than the beliefs of steensn.

It's not about just making your own mind about your own beliefs, rather than have those beliefs programmed into you by authority figures, it's about researching the topic and using facts as a basis for your own beliefs. So many "religious" people don't know a thing about their religion, yet they still spew all of this ignorance about it.. Like they get extra credit points in heaven for converting the heathens,

We're getting off topic.. We were talking about how your spiritual leaders rape kids, not about individual religious beliefs.


You don't by your BS. You don't live your live like the oath to your own truth matters you live like like someone who hasn't found it yet but needs to find meaning into something.

So you "know" that no one can know the truth? Really? Glad you can be the shining star of what you say is wrong with religious people. You are exactly what you claim is wrong with religion. You believe your beliefs are right, better than everyone elses, and you mock anyone who doesn't agree. How are you different? Because you artificially created a standard that HOW one got to their beliefs matters instead of the truth? You don't even practic what you preach, so how is anyone supposed to be bothered by what you say?

You claim to have "researched" your way to this point but ignorantly post above about "timelines" of religions. You didn't even take into context what the religions claimed, you seperated Christianity and Judaism.

Sorry aug, but you are effectively compensating for your lack of belief by trying to tear down others. I'm not too worried about your sarcastic comments that have no real bearing wince you don't practice what you preach.


Again, I'm saying that people much smarter than you and I can't confirm the existence or validity of any kind of supreme being, so how can you? Belief is blind, this truth you speak of is blind faith. You really need to look up what I was talking about with the timelines, because a book (B) makes reference to a period of time prior to that mentioned in book (A), book (B) is therefore correct and book (A) is incorrect?

You can believe whatever you want to believe, as long as you keep it off of my lawn. I wasn't indoctrinated in this crap when I was too young to make decisions for myself, and when I have kids they will be raised the same way - allowed to make their own decisions about their beliefs or lack thereof. Yes, I know that no one can know the truth - that is the only absolute thing about religion.

I don't understand your comment about Christianity and Judaism.. I separated them because they're separate religions, founded at separate times - Christianity has a lot of similarities to Judaism, because like I said, the bible is a compilation of prior religious works dating as far back as the book of the dead.


June 16th, 2011, 10:45 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
aughsum wrote:
Again, I'm saying that people much smarter than you and I can't confirm the existence or validity of any kind of supreme being, so how can you? Belief is blind, this truth you speak of is blind faith


So?

aughsum wrote:
You really need to look up what I was talking about with the timelines, because a book (B) makes reference to a period of time prior to that mentioned in book (A), book (B) is therefore correct and book (A) is incorrect?


Please be specific about books and facts so you can make your point. Mentioning a timeline doesn't tell me what you are getting at here.

aughsum wrote:
You can believe whatever you want to believe, as long as you keep it off of my lawn. I wasn't indoctrinated in this crap when I was too young to make decisions for myself, and when I have kids they will be raised the same way - allowed to make their own decisions about their beliefs or lack thereof.


Finally some honesty! You only care if someones beliefs don't affect you, not how they got there. See, what I posted wasn't so hard to agree with.

aughsum wrote:
Yes, I know that no one can know the truth - that is the only absolute thing about religion.


Funny, it's also a logical fallacy.

aughsum wrote:
I don't understand your comment about Christianity and Judaism.. I separated them because they're separate religions, founded at separate times - Christianity has a lot of similarities to Judaism, because like I said, the bible is a compilation of prior religious works dating as far back as the book of the dead.


You don't understand because clearly you didn't study it well enough to understand them... quick 101:

Judaism is based completely off of the OT text that include "The Law" and prophecy of a coming Messiah. They also focus on the thousands of years of rabbinical text written to further "explain" the OT. They claim the Messiah has not come yet.

Christianity is the Jewish believes (OT scripture) but claim the Messiah came and it was Jesus Christ. Christianity isn't a "new" religion at that point, it is a split of an older religion to those who didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah (current Jews) and those who did (Jews at that time) along with none Jewsh converts. You cannot seperate Judaism from Christianities past in your timeline, they run side by side and then split as Jesus into two distinct religions. Your timeline is wrong because it ignores reality and context.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 16th, 2011, 11:07 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
steensn wrote:
aughsum wrote:
Again, I'm saying that people much smarter than you and I can't confirm the existence or validity of any kind of supreme being, so how can you? Belief is blind, this truth you speak of is blind faith


So?

aughsum wrote:
You really need to look up what I was talking about with the timelines, because a book (B) makes reference to a period of time prior to that mentioned in book (A), book (B) is therefore correct and book (A) is incorrect?


Please be specific about books and facts so you can make your point. Mentioning a timeline doesn't tell me what you are getting at here.

aughsum wrote:
You can believe whatever you want to believe, as long as you keep it off of my lawn. I wasn't indoctrinated in this crap when I was too young to make decisions for myself, and when I have kids they will be raised the same way - allowed to make their own decisions about their beliefs or lack thereof.


Finally some honesty! You only care if someones beliefs don't affect you, not how they got there. See, what I posted wasn't so hard to agree with.

aughsum wrote:
Yes, I know that no one can know the truth - that is the only absolute thing about religion.


Funny, it's also a logical fallacy.

aughsum wrote:
I don't understand your comment about Christianity and Judaism.. I separated them because they're separate religions, founded at separate times - Christianity has a lot of similarities to Judaism, because like I said, the bible is a compilation of prior religious works dating as far back as the book of the dead.


You don't understand because clearly you didn't study it well enough to understand them... quick 101:

Judaism is based completely off of the OT text that include "The Law" and prophecy of a coming Messiah. They also focus on the thousands of years of rabbinical text written to further "explain" the OT. They claim the Messiah has not come yet.

Christianity is the Jewish believes (OT scripture) but claim the Messiah came and it was Jesus Christ. Christianity isn't a "new" religion at that point, it is a split of an older religion to those who didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah (current Jews) and those who did (Jews at that time) along with none Jewsh converts. You cannot seperate Judaism from Christianities past in your timeline, they run side by side and then split as Jesus into two distinct religions. Your timeline is wrong because it ignores reality and context.


So, Jesus is or is not the messiah?


June 16th, 2011, 11:16 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
I believe he is, but you are glossing over the fact that you made a false claim about the timeline.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 16th, 2011, 11:23 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
steensn wrote:
I believe he is, but you are glossing over the fact that you made a false claim about the timeline.


Did I? What false claim did I make?

If christianity is a subset of judiasm, what makes Christianity right and judiasm wrong? Judiasm came from something else, Hebrew? That came from something else, and so on and so on. Religions have been inbreeding since their invention, yet followers of a particular religion view their own personal religion as the the right one, while discrediting all others - one of my main beefs with religion.


June 16th, 2011, 11:58 am
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
I thought you said you studied this??? You are asking questions that dont even qualify as 101 stuff.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 16th, 2011, 12:12 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
regularjoe12 wrote:
I thought you said you studied this??? You are asking questions that dont even qualify as 101 stuff.


Those questions were philosophical, aka, not meant to be answered.


June 16th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
when you say that hebrew came before judiasm...that is not philisophical...thats just.........well it's SOMETHING (im trying to show restraint)

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 16th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
You're splitting hairs to draw attention away from the main point of my argument - that all religions are based on prior, different religions.

I thought it went israaleite/Hebrew > paganism/judiasm, even if I'm wrong, it doesn't hurt my argument.

I'm sure you can tell which parts of my post were intended to be philosophical and which weren't - at least I hope you can.


June 16th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
aughsum wrote:
Did I? What false claim did I make?


You seperated Christianity and Judaism historically based on what you understand of them today. You are trying to falsify Christianity by saying it was invented late enough that it doens't makes sense to be the truth. It is a false implication.

aughsum wrote:
If christianity is a subset of judiasm, what makes Christianity right and judiasm wrong?


It is clear that they split and they believe different things. I don't know why you seem to be stubborn on this if you've studies things. I believe Jesus is the Messiah, that is what I believe makes Judaism wrong. Crystal clear...

aughsum wrote:
Judiasm came from something else, Hebrew?


Wah? You studied religions? Really? At some point your level of investigation is going to become clear. It became clear with your timeline and it became epidemic here. Hebrew isn't a religion it is a language in which the OT was written. It was the language of the Jews.

aughsum wrote:
That came from something else, and so on and so on. Religions have been inbreeding since their invention,


So if they stem from one source, they could have stemmed from the one true source right? Maybe there was one true religion and everything just splintered off of it slowely so there are many withone true one? Maybe they are all so splintered now they don't even represent the original? Maybe they all all close enough and all right? Maybe they all were invented and fed of one another.

Here is the rub, you haven't eliminated all those option yet act like somehow they are. It's called a false premise which I called out on someone before:

If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
The streets are wet. (premise)
Therefore it has rained recently. (conclusion)

It's a false premise because there are OTHER clearly VALID reasons for the street to be wet. You surmise that because some religions have grown out of others and you can trace some over time, that proves that they are false. Problem is, I look at the fact that religions seemingly grew out of each other as proof there is a common truth all are trying to get close enough to while meeting their desires.

You instead take your conclusion from this data and pull it as 100% proof religion is false, artificially and without reason eliminating any other clearly plausible explination as well.

aughsum wrote:
yet followers of a particular religion view their own personal religion as the the right one, while discrediting all others - one of my main beefs with religion.


And here is where your hypocrisy comes in... it only rubs you the wrong way because you have decided that you BELIEVE theya re both wrong. You have decide the truth is that there is no way to know truth, therefore anyone who disagrees with YOUR beliefs is wrong.

Irony... you must see this. You disscredit yourself with your own beefs... it's hypocritical.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 16th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12250
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
Image

](*,)

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


June 16th, 2011, 2:02 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
steensn wrote:
aughsum wrote:
Did I? What false claim did I make?


You seperated Christianity and Judaism historically based on what you understand of them today. You are trying to falsify Christianity by saying it was invented late enough that it doens't makes sense to be the truth. It is a false implication.

aughsum wrote:
If christianity is a subset of judiasm, what makes Christianity right and judiasm wrong?


It is clear that they split and they believe different things. I don't know why you seem to be stubborn on this if you've studies things. I believe Jesus is the Messiah, that is what I believe makes Judaism wrong. Crystal clear...

aughsum wrote:
Judiasm came from something else, Hebrew?


Wah? You studied religions? Really? At some point your level of investigation is going to become clear. It became clear with your timeline and it became epidemic here. Hebrew isn't a religion it is a language in which the OT was written. It was the language of the Jews.

aughsum wrote:
That came from something else, and so on and so on. Religions have been inbreeding since their invention,


So if they stem from one source, they could have stemmed from the one true source right? Maybe there was one true religion and everything just splintered off of it slowely so there are many withone true one? Maybe they are all so splintered now they don't even represent the original? Maybe they all all close enough and all right? Maybe they all were invented and fed of one another.

Here is the rub, you haven't eliminated all those option yet act like somehow they are. It's called a false premise which I called out on someone before:

If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
The streets are wet. (premise)
Therefore it has rained recently. (conclusion)

It's a false premise because there are OTHER clearly VALID reasons for the street to be wet. You surmise that because some religions have grown out of others and you can trace some over time, that proves that they are false. Problem is, I look at the fact that religions seemingly grew out of each other as proof there is a common truth all are trying to get close enough to while meeting their desires.

You instead take your conclusion from this data and pull it as 100% proof religion is false, artificially and without reason eliminating any other clearly plausible explination as well.

aughsum wrote:
yet followers of a particular religion view their own personal religion as the the right one, while discrediting all others - one of my main beefs with religion.


And here is where your hypocrisy comes in... it only rubs you the wrong way because you have decided that you BELIEVE theya re both wrong. You have decide the truth is that there is no way to know truth, therefore anyone who disagrees with YOUR beliefs is wrong.

Irony... you must see this. You disscredit yourself with your own beefs... it's hypocritical.


I've addressed all of these.. You all get so butt-hurt about this topic.. Take it easy. I never said I know anything 100% to be true - I'm not that audacious (no one should be, but some obviously are).
I never said anyone who disagrees with my belief is wrong either.. I believe I said the exact opposite, that you're welcome to believe whatever you want if you think it will earn you some kind of magical brownie points.

And I know Hebrew isn't a religion, but the israelites/Hebrews had a religion that split into judiasm and paganism, right? I never claimed to have gone good will hunting on religion, and I don't do the whole google thing so.. Things might get mixed up while sifting through all that garbage that I wish I didn't know.


June 16th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: South Park coming to an end.
TheRealWags wrote:
Image

](*,)


Its the offseason Wags, we really need that CBA signed and soon!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 16th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.