View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 11:44 pm



Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Has anyone seen this show? 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
WarEr4Christ wrote:
You don't want proof you want a side show.


Wrong, I just want proof. It can be plain and simple, but just one sliver of proof.

You claimed you have it, we have yet to see any of it. I've seen passages from the Bible - zero proof. I've seen stories of how someone you know needed money and presto got money - I've pointed out exact stories of believers and non-belivers alike - zero proof. You pointed to the latest rumors of Noahs ark on YouTube - zero proof.

So let's see it. How about proof on the other side.

Prayers have statisically zero impact on situations. Proof positive they are useless to impact any sort of change.

Christians have statistically equal occurances of natural disasters, disease, etc. Proof positive that those who follow the "truth" have zero to show for it while here on Earth.

So we KNOW statistically God has zero impact on the living. Therefore we have to offer all these after life benefits to believe. Hummm, sounds like a major con job to me.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
if you had proof you'd KNOW. god does want you to KNOW....he wants you to BELIEVE. Faith is beiving in the UNKNOWN.

I have NO IDEA why god wants it that way...but he does.

the only time you will KNOW will be when yer worm food. I hope for your sake that we are wrong........cuz there is no changing your mind at that point.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2828
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
I grew up in a Christian home, went to private school from 2nd through Freshman year before going to public school. I grew up in the environment, but that doesn't mean I blindly believed or doubted. I think everyone does. Like I said before, without doubt, you can't ever have true faith. Doesn't mean you need constant doubt, but blindly believing is just as bad as blindly dismissing.

When I was 14, I went on a youth mission trip to Guatemala. Of course it was a lot safer then it was now. I was a teenager, checking out the girls, not really giving 100% to what we were there for. Then one night, I saw a blind man's glazed over eyes go clear and see again. I also saw the other side and some things that still scare the poop out of me. I didn't expect to see them, I didn't ask to see them, but I think I was open to seeing them.

I don't expect you to believe me, or take my word for it, but just know that it isn't only in stories from long ago, or some youtube video. There are plenty of fakes out there also. So while you say there's no proof, its just there hasn't been proof to you. There was proof for the group I was with. There has been proof for others. I don't claim for it to be scientific proof, because what happened was scientifically impossible. And I hope one day that you get what you're asking for and get something that you can call proof.


June 24th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
regularjoe12 wrote:
if you had proof you'd KNOW. god does want you to KNOW....he wants you to BELIEVE. Faith is beiving in the UNKNOWN.

I have NO IDEA why god wants it that way...but he does.

the only time you will KNOW will be when yer worm food. I hope for your sake that we are wrong........cuz there is no changing your mind at that point.


Again, con job. Well how bout this, for the mere sum of $10K I grant each of you everlasting life - just pay me now and reap the rewards once you die. Pretty silly isn't it. Yet look at all those believers who paid the atheist a non-refundable fee to take care of their pets. The truth here, is that all believers are somewhere along that same line of thinking, each tries to justify it via their faith. Just different degrees of foolishness.

Look, did you once believe in Santa? (Spoiler alert) Sure you did, because you parents propegated this lie passed off as the "truth". You even saw the evidence of proof, be it half eaten cookies and some drank milk to presents under your tree signed by the man in the red suit himself. There was no decision made for your original belief, you believed because your parents taught you to.

Do you still believe in Santa? Why not, at some point someone told you the truth (as I'm telling you now) and you questioned the "proof" and eventually opened your mind to the real truth rather than your beliefs.

Well I'm here to tell you that your belief in God and/or Jesus is as truth based as your belief once was in Santa. The only difference now is that you are so invested in your belief that you cannot be as intellectually truthful as when you were a little boy.

You know what, I'm not going to hell because I don't believe in Santa. And amazingly, even though I no longer believe I still get Christmas gifts.

The concept of me believing in God again is at the exact same level of you believing in Santa again. Ain't going to happen. There is no proof, there can't be since neither exist. For those of you trying to convert myself, or Wags, or Sly or the rest of us non-believers, I'll make this deal with you. When you go through an exhaustive intellectual search and once again believe in Santa, well then I will go on another exhaustive intellectual search to believe in God.

Imagine knowing that Santa doesn't exist, yet living in a world 80%+ of adults still believed he did. Now you get a sense of how the rest of us view this delusion world we live in. No imagine Santa is in your face non-stop, he is on the money you spend, on the Christmas book you must take oaths on, in your national anthem, etc. It isn't that you have an issue with what Santa represents, the virtues he promotes, etc., your issue lies in the fact that such a large percentage of people believe in something that is so obviously false and no mater the lack of proof or common sense pointing in the other direction, they continue to fail to see the truth.

So think of me as that kid telling you the truth about Santa. I know it is hard to accept at first, your heart tells you otherwise, but the truth is the truth.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
wow...thanks for calllin me an idiot.....I was right about comparing you to Bill Mahr.....

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 1:55 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
question for ya Pablo...is there going to be a tomorrow??? where is your proof?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 2:00 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
regularjoe12 wrote:
wow...thanks for calllin me an idiot.....I was right about comparing you to Bill Mahr.....


You aren't an idiot and I'm sorry if I implied that. It is just in terms of faith you turn off your intellect to follow your faith. Some of the smartest people I know believe, it isn't matter of pure intellect, it is a matter of using it instead of being turned off in favor of following Faith.

It is kind of like watching TV, many times you just kind of turn the brain off an follow along - doesn't mean you aren't smart. Faith is similar, you are being told what to think (or in reality believe), very little need to put thought into it.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
regularjoe12 wrote:
question for ya Pablo...is there going to be a tomorrow??? where is your proof?


historical evidence. Proof is in the fact that I've had 365 tomorrows in the last year each followed by a tomorrow (and thousands in my short little lifetime and millions predating me) so logic dictates another one is highly likely, in fact a virtual certainty.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
no sir..thats proof of yesterday, and using reason to to predict the likliness of tomorrow.

I asked for proof.....do you have any proof that tomorrow is comming?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
njroar wrote:
I grew up in a Christian home, went to private school from 2nd through Freshman year before going to public school. I grew up in the environment, but that doesn't mean I blindly believed or doubted. I think everyone does. Like I said before, without doubt, you can't ever have true faith. Doesn't mean you need constant doubt, but blindly believing is just as bad as blindly dismissing.

When I was 14, I went on a youth mission trip to Guatemala. Of course it was a lot safer then it was now. I was a teenager, checking out the girls, not really giving 100% to what we were there for. Then one night, I saw a blind man's glazed over eyes go clear and see again. I also saw the other side and some things that still scare the poop out of me. I didn't expect to see them, I didn't ask to see them, but I think I was open to seeing them.

I don't expect you to believe me, or take my word for it, but just know that it isn't only in stories from long ago, or some youtube video. There are plenty of fakes out there also. So while you say there's no proof, its just there hasn't been proof to you. There was proof for the group I was with. There has been proof for others. I don't claim for it to be scientific proof, because what happened was scientifically impossible. And I hope one day that you get what you're asking for and get something that you can call proof.


I believe you. Though I haven't witnessed myself these events I have more friends than I can count on my fingers that have been eye witness accounts to clear and unmistakable instantaneous healings and demon possession.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


June 24th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
regularjoe12 wrote:
no sir..thats proof of yesterday, and using reason to to predict the likliness of tomorrow.

I asked for proof.....do you have any proof that tomorrow is comming?


Today was tomorrow yesteday. There have been over 4 billion of tomorows that have all come, you can then easily extrapolate that the probability of tomorrow occuring is very great. Not sure how you fail to grasp that based on all the historical proof.

I also have a calendar if you would like to see it, as well as a schedule of events including my kid's soccer game at 10am. There is the movement of the sun relative to the Earth, we can get into that if you really want to get into proof. Since our day follows that in say Sydney or London, I can simply call some of my relatives late today to verify that tomorrow is coming because their tomorrow is still my today during those crossover hours. I'd say that is pretty good evidence as well woudn't you? If not, you can call my grandfather, aunts, uncles, or cousins to get first hand evidence.

Just because something isn't physical, like tomorrow or gravity for that matter, doesn't mean proof doesn't exist. Also, instead of answering a question you simply asked another question, typical theist retort.

Still need proof, just wait until 12:01am and you will have the proof you seek. Can you offer me similar proof for your God?

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
no sir once again I want proof NOW that tomorrow will happen. waiting till tomorrow is like waiting to die to find out about god.

So Ill ask again...do you have any proof that there will be a tomrrow?


EDIT: we both know you cant prove that what has yet to happen..so stop being stubborn and just admit it!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
and just for giggles:
Quote:
I also have a calendar if you would like to see it, as well as a schedule of events including my kid's soccer game at 10am. There is the movement of the sun relative to the Earth, we can get into that if you really want to get into proof


I have a bible that has all kinds of info on god. If your piece of paper is valid proof over somthing unprovable...why isn't mine?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 3:02 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
regularjoe12 wrote:
no sir once again I want proof NOW that tomorrow will happen. waiting till tomorrow is like waiting to die to find out about god.

So Ill ask again...do you have any proof that there will be a tomrrow?


EDIT: we both know you cant prove that what has yet to happen..so stop being stubborn and just admit it!


Actually it is you being stubborn and impatient to boot. You will have your answer shortly, I've looked for an answer for 44 years and all the evidence I have found points in the opposite direction of your belief.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 24th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3901
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Has anyone seen this show?
lol...funny how when it's someone else asking for proof you say wait...but when its YOU who wants the proof, it's now or it's santa clause...

and Im going to make an accusation here....I dont think you have been looking for answers...I think you have been looking to debunk. THATS why you havn't found what I, M2k, NJ, Steensn, Warrioir, Billy, and soo soo mmany have found when we went looking.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


June 24th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.