View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Christian Faith Requires Accepting Evolution 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Christian Faith Requires Accepting Evolution
Pablo wrote:
njroar wrote:
We've basically put our children's minds on welfare.... telling them what to think.

Sounds like religion! :lol:

The decline of the education system and religion are two different and non-related issues as M2K pointed out.

A number of counties that do well in eduction are more atheistic in nature, but that has to do with other cultural attitudes that are offshoots of religion/beliefs than any direct result. Look at the parental pressure in the Japan and Koreas of the world.

Actually, IMHO, Liberalism/Environmentalism, has been trying to supplant religion since the 1950's. They are finally approaching their goal.

This is yet another symptom of the end times.

June 27th, 2011, 11:25 am
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
In general, way too many facets of public school education have been politicized. Everything from prayer to standardized testing has been handled very badly by both state and federal legislators. BOTH parties are responsible for these irresponsible acts--chalking it up to "the liberals" or "the conservatives" is a profoundly biased position. I know this is off-topic but as a former public school teacher I couldn't let this go unsaid.

Well, I can say that while I agree both parties have a hand in it, the type of thinking typically associated to Liberals (parents can't spank, political correctness, teachers can't touch students, teachers must pass students even with failing grades, etc.) is more of the root cause of the problem with today's youth. Not just in school, but in general as well.

Parents should have the option of spanking when they feel it is necessary. The idea that as a parent my child can do whatever, and that I risk being jailed, fined or otherwise punished for choosing to punish him/her in the manner which I feel is necessary is a complete societal abomination. Yet, despite basically stripping this option away under the threat of arrest, the court systems will hold a parent accountable for the actions of an unruly child, and child who no longer is under control of the parent because they have been handcuffed by the courts and judicial system. That's a bunch of crap. And basically the same thing has been done to teachers. And I'm sorry mwill, you can feel however you want, but this has been brought about by Liberals, not Conservatives. I take my kids to a private religious school, and most every parent I speak to believes in physical punishment of their child when the situation calls for it. And most of those parents are Conservative, not Liberal, in their political views. And, oddly enough, the parents that ARE Liberal minded, have the children who are the least well behaved.

This is not to say that all Liberal parents will have bad kids, or that all Conservatives have great kids. But parents should have the option of doing what they feel is right, without threat of arrest and prosecution for doing so. It is NOT mentally damaging, it is NOT abuse, it is NOT wrong. And guess where kids are told that if they get spanked they should report it?

Sorry, mwill, but the deterioraton of our education system has more to do with the ever increasing Liberal mindset taking hold amongst the educators in this country, as well as those in charge of the systems.

June 27th, 2011, 12:00 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
In general, way too many facets of public school education have been politicized. Everything from prayer to standardized testing has been handled very badly by both state and federal legislators. BOTH parties are responsible for these irresponsible acts--chalking it up to "the liberals" or "the conservatives" is a profoundly biased position. I know this is off-topic but as a former public school teacher I couldn't let this go unsaid.

Well, I can say that while I agree both parties have a hand in it, the type of thinking typically associated to Liberals (parents can't spank, political correctness, teachers can't touch students, teachers must pass students even with failing grades, etc.) is more of the root cause of the problem with today's youth. Not just in school, but in general as well.

Parents should have the option of spanking when they feel it is necessary. The idea that as a parent my child can do whatever, and that I risk being jailed, fined or otherwise punished for choosing to punish him/her in the manner which I feel is necessary is a complete societal abomination. Yet, despite basically stripping this option away under the threat of arrest, the court systems will hold a parent accountable for the actions of an unruly child, and child who no longer is under control of the parent because they have been handcuffed by the courts and judicial system. That's a bunch of crap. And basically the same thing has been done to teachers. And I'm sorry mwill, you can feel however you want, but this has been brought about by Liberals, not Conservatives. I take my kids to a private religious school, and most every parent I speak to believes in physical punishment of their child when the situation calls for it. And most of those parents are Conservative, not Liberal, in their political views. And, oddly enough, the parents that ARE Liberal minded, have the children who are the least well behaved.

This is not to say that all Liberal parents will have bad kids, or that all Conservatives have great kids. But parents should have the option of doing what they feel is right, without threat of arrest and prosecution for doing so. It is NOT mentally damaging, it is NOT abuse, it is NOT wrong. And guess where kids are told that if they get spanked they should report it?

Sorry, mwill, but the deterioraton of our education system has more to do with the ever increasing Liberal mindset taking hold amongst the educators in this country, as well as those in charge of the systems.

I'll start a new thread for this since this particular discussion is way off the topic.

June 27th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5