View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A friend has BO that they're unaware of, do you tell them? 
League MVP

Post Re: A friend has BO that they're unaware of, do you tell the
I had a buddy with a glandular issue. if he showered less than twice a day he smelled something awful. He smelled like he stuffed his pockets with dead fish..THAT awful. Hell yeah we'd tell him about it when he'd get lazy. I mean he was a cool cat and ya hate to be mean, but it's meaner to let him go out in public smellin like that IMO.

My rule is this: Most of the time we get to be the friends we WANT to be, but every once in a while we have to be the friends that we NEED to be.

you bite the bullet and you tell him.

June 29th, 2011, 6:00 pm
RIP Killer

I was a smelly kid, my wife claims I still am. It makes me self aware and I then can do things to counter the problem (not annoy others). After a lunchtime run or game of soccer some guys change back into work clothes and no one can tell the difference. I am the opposite, drenched in sweat even though Im in better shape than 90% of everyone else.

To put is gently... I'm rank...

I'd rather not put someone else through my stench because I know how much I dislike everyone elses stench. People need to just be straight and not so touchy...

June 29th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
aughsum wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Why not just buy them some cologne???
Or take him to a strip bar and have the ladies tell him :wink:

I don't know if that would work.. Strippers have agendas.

Yeah, the stripper approach won't work, particularly if the friend has money. I've seen them crawl all over fat, sweaty guys just for a few bucks. Strippers may look good, but they have the morality of pigs.

I'd just come out and tell the person, "hey, not to be rude, but you have an issue that needs to be addressed."

It could be the result of a medical condition, and could be the forerunner to more serious problems.

Come on now, they are just working their way through med school.

June 29th, 2011, 6:53 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

On the bright side, no matter how much he smells, he can't possibly reek as much as the B.O. emanating from the White House. :lol:

June 30th, 2011, 12:21 am
RIP Killer

frok wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
aughsum wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Why not just buy them some cologne???
Or take him to a strip bar and have the ladies tell him :wink:

I don't know if that would work.. Strippers have agendas.

Yeah, the stripper approach won't work, particularly if the friend has money. I've seen them crawl all over fat, sweaty guys just for a few bucks. Strippers may look good, but they have the morality of pigs.

I'd just come out and tell the person, "hey, not to be rude, but you have an issue that needs to be addressed."

It could be the result of a medical condition, and could be the forerunner to more serious problems.

Come on now, they are just working their way through med school.

Yeah, and I'm the mayor of Venice, Italy.....

June 30th, 2011, 1:57 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I was a smelly kid, my wife claims I still am. It makes me self aware and I then can do things to counter the problem (not annoy others). After a lunchtime run or game of soccer some guys change back into work clothes and no one can tell the difference. I am the opposite, drenched in sweat even though Im in better shape than 90% of everyone else.

To put is gently... I'm rank...

I'd rather not put someone else through my stench because I know how much I dislike everyone elses stench. People need to just be straight and not so touchy...

Actually there is a positive to this. The fact that you sweat so much and that you "smell" is an indication that your body is very good at getting rid of the impurities, and that you have a very good internal thermostat.

I, like you, break into a sweat very quickly and sweat a ton when I'm working out. I once asked my doctor about it, and he said it was actually a very good sign. It has nothing to do with being in or out of shape. Your breathing and heart rate are the indicators for that. I've seen people in the same room as me, doing the same activity, and they barely have a sheen of sweat on them, while my shirt is soaked. They tend to have more health problems than I do.

Take it as a sign of good fortune and good health.

June 30th, 2011, 2:01 pm
RIP Killer

But it makes you stink ;)

I agree, I don't see it anything other than a "cosmetic problem" of which I have many... but I function well!

June 30th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2