View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 15th, 2014, 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tales from the darkside (SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED BE FOREWARNED) 
QB Coach

Post Tales from the darkside (SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED BE FOREWARNED)
Ok, in other threads I tried to discover the thought process behind some scientific beliefs, and used rudimentary science to describe my perspective. I then also asked if people had seen the show on Bigfoot, and what their thoughts were, but that became religious and is still going...

So now using documented television shows, known knowledge and documentation, I wanted to see what the thought was on the "darkside."

Paranormal Investigators, the three fellas who go into creepy places and challenge the "spirit" world coming away with video, and different scientific readings and recordings: does this proove there is a "spiritual" world?

Pablo and Sly have emphatically stated there is no God, and that it's all nonsense. So looking at it from another perspective, what do we have here?

If Isaac Newton's law of physics were applied in this scenario, then if the above prooves their is a "dark side" could their not be a "good side" as an opposite?

If none of the above is true, what is it about mankind that we are drawn to the darkside? See untold number of horror movies of all sorts, and many of the dark arts?

Discuss:

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 28th, 2011, 10:47 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Tales from the darkside (SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED BE FOREWAR
Even non-believers get drawn into being curious about the dark side. Not because they're searching for something, but it goes to the basic instinct of good vs. evil. The reason horror flicks are so popular, is because we deal with good everyday. But the good is normal. News tells stories of daily evil, but its not something most experience often. But you need opposites to validate what you feel. Experiencing evil on a personal level, even if only via a movie, lets you realize the reality of good.

Subconsciously some "might" search for proof of God or a god by researching the paranormal due to the same principles, but because its done subconsciously, they wouldn't know it or be able to admit it. They might think about it, but their beliefs would take precedence until they actually experienced something themselves personally. And even then, they probably wouldn't know it was the spiritual paradox because the paranormal experiences that most encounter, don't usually admit they're the devil or demons like you see in shows or movies.

For example, I wouldn't expect a paranormal experience to persuade Pablo to suddenly believe, unless it directly effected him or his family and was on the scale of Amityville, The Exorcist or something to that effect. And those are extremely rare.

But to answer the basic question, I don't believe that even a basic belief in the paranormal would be putting proof to religion or rather one god. They actually claim to be gods themselves sometimes, so it can actually branch off into many other theories.

As Keyer Soze said.. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

June 29th, 2011, 12:11 am
QB Coach

I love the quote, and he was quite correct in saying it. I also agree with what you stated, but happened to look at this from a different view.

Evidence has been required for other to believe in God, not just those we know here at LB. But how can you proove something relational, Spiritual, with physical evidence. It takes faith to believe, and faith to see. As I tried to state in the other thread, a scientist doesn't go looking for microrganism x unless he believes it exists does he? So if he believes it exists, doesn't he go looking in the environments that said microrganism is theorized to live in? In a way, wouldn't this demonstrate faith?

Getting back on point, we have a number of shows on television and scattered across the net, that show the dark side. You are correct in that many claim a god status, but the devil is a liar, and so what else would you expect. In using Isaac's Newton's law, for every action there is an equal or opposite reaction, if there is the presence of evil, wouldn't that mean their also has to be good?

Now the kicker is the standard to which good is set. If by good, we mean perfect, well that's unobtainable, but if by good we mean good, well that's easy to meet. My difficulty with other world religions are that they give a to do list, performance driven theology that says you can obtain paradise if you do this. Christianity states, that all have fallen short and are unable to meet the minimum no matter what we do, so for us to gain access to Heaven, we need to accept the gift of Jesus Christ. The problem is, we as humanity, don't like being outside of the control of our own destiny. We want to be the god of our lives, and that just can't be, when there already is a God who is trying to get our attention, but will not force His way into our lives.

Does the discussion about the dark side make sense in regards to the presence of an opposite?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 29th, 2011, 8:55 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't believe in ghosts either. :D

June 29th, 2011, 9:46 am
Varsity Captain

Right now, at the lhc, physicists are conducting experiments, hoping to stumble across Higgs boson, the Substance/element/particle that assigns mass - the "god particle" - no one knows for sure that it exists, but evidence suggests that it does. Something like that requires some faith, but in the end they will have something tangible to look at to justify the faith.

June 29th, 2011, 10:44 am
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:

Then what do you call the entity that was once called your "respectability?" \:D/

June 29th, 2011, 11:02 am
QB Coach

Have you seen the show SLY, are you doubting the "evidence?" You have the show TAPS, GHOST LAB, and PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS, and all have documented evidence, video footage, EVP's and so on, and you are saying that you don't believe their "evidence?"

June 29th, 2011, 12:59 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I dont believe in ghosts myself. I sure as heck DON'T buy the BS some of those shows spew. I have yet to see one that has anyone with investigation skills that qualify above "suspect."

June 29th, 2011, 8:28 pm

steensn wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Then what do you call the entity that was once called your "respectability?" \:D/

How can there be a ghost of something that never existed in the first place? :D

June 30th, 2011, 12:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

When a Christian dies, "To be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ." - The Apostle Paul.

When a non - Christian dies, his/her next conscious moment will be them standing naked before Jesus to account for their life. And then eternal damnation.

Nowhere does the bible even hint that your spirit can roam the Earth. I suspect that any "Ghosts" that people see, are demons playing tricks on them.

June 30th, 2011, 12:37 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
When a Christian dies, "To be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ." - The Apostle Paul.

When a non - Christian dies, his/her next conscious moment will be them standing naked before Jesus to account for their life. And then eternal damnation.

Nowhere does the bible even hint that your spirit can roam the Earth. I suspect that any "Ghosts" that people see, are demons playing tricks on them.

This is my understanding as well...

but:

Spirits do exist, we each have one... and Saul went to a medium and conjured up Samuals spirit... that is pretty much a "ghost."

June 30th, 2011, 12:51 am

Prove that we have a spirit or a soul, would you please? :D

June 30th, 2011, 1:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:

Prove that we don't. I'll get back to you then. LOL.

June 30th, 2011, 1:18 am
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Prove that we don't. I'll get back to you then. LOL.

On 2nd thought. I have an example that most certainly hints at human souls. It doesn't prove it though.

I have had all my teeth removed for about 7 years now. I can still feel my teeth sometimes. There are also thousands of reports about arm and leg amputees that swear they can still feel the amputated limb. How would any of this be possible if it isn't our souls we are feeling?

June 30th, 2011, 1:23 am

You're right. It doesn't prove it. Try again. :D

June 30th, 2011, 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next