View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tales from the darkside (SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED BE FOREWARNED) 
QB Coach

Post Re: Tales from the darkside (SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED BE FOREWAR
phew!!! I was starting to wonder about this thread, because with all of the t.v. shows that document their "spiritual" encounters, I'd of thought there would be more discussion. Glad to see it's caught on somewhat.

Sly, I don't believe there is any possible way to prove their is a "spirit" within us, somethings just have to be taken on faith I guess. But what I am curious about is your reaction to the documentation that you see on t.v. Now, PLEASE, understand I am not authenticate the programs, I don't watch them myself, but I used to. I realize that they do "see" some things, but they also SEE some things. EVP's I'm not so sure about, but I have caught them making judgments on sounds they heard and claiming them as words. I also think the possibility exists that the supposed "touchings" are drama for the camera. Call it a side show if you will.

But at the same time, I have also dealt with the Spiritual world on a couple of occassions, and it will scare the stuffing outt a ya. I'm not going to claim ghosts, or anything, because I believe what I faced was purely demonic, but it was still scary. No I can't proove that to you, all I can do is relate my experience, and let you decide.

But just because you refuse to see something, doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. That includes, God, Truth, and so on.... I believe you are in a position where you are your own god, you have placed you as the center of your universe, and that's pretty common. Our society is doing that with reckless abandon! But unless you are willing to get out of His seat, you won't be able to see the truth. I'm not hatin just speakin on what impression I'm gettin from ya.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 30th, 2011, 8:00 am
3rd Round Selection

BillySims wrote:
BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Prove that we have a spirit or a soul, would you please? :D

Prove that we don't. I'll get back to you then. LOL.

On 2nd thought. I have an example that most certainly hints at human souls. It doesn't prove it though.

I have had all my teeth removed for about 7 years now. I can still feel my teeth sometimes. There are also thousands of reports about arm and leg amputees that swear they can still feel the amputated limb. How would any of this be possible if it isn't our souls we are feeling?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb

There are potential physiological bases for this phenomna that do not rely on the existence of a "soul" for the explanation.

June 30th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

You know how you feel like your falling when you are sleeping? What has happened is that your soul was in the process of wandering off. Subconsciously, your brain realized it and pulled your soul back in.

This is part of a phenomena called out of body experience. It is generally thought of in a bad light by Christians.

But, a few times in the Bible, GOD used it. John the Reveler was caught up in the spirit to Heaven where he witnessed everything he wrote down in the book of Revelation.

Anyway, the CIA, has had a black ops group of people who have been trained to have out of body experiences. This is also called Astral Projection. More info here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection
The CIA successfully acquired a bunch intelligence on our enemies over the years through Astral Projection.

None of this would be possible without us having SOULS.

July 1st, 2011, 9:06 am
QB Coach

Actually Billy, there is a known break down on the human "psyche" called the three part man. It was taught, and understood predominantly in the 1st century church.

1: Body: physical
2: Soul: mind, will, emotions: This is where many of our mental illnesses come in, emotional troubles and the like. It is in this area that people can be "wounded" or "injured" and when that occurs, anything that smells like, represents, or reminds them of the "wound" can illicit a reaction. Example: If you have an affair and feel the guilt of it. Anytime you smell the perfume, see others doing the same thing, or are reminded in anyway of your mistake, it can bring up shame, guilt, anger, and so on. This doesn't mean that you aren't forgiven for it, but it does mean that their is a residual affect that can cause a physical reaction. Some have even called it soul ties!
3: Spirit: the occupier of the body, all humanity has one, and it's the Spirit that has an eternal destination. This is also commonly referred to as the "inner man." It has been taught that when a person acknowledges Jesus as their Lord and Savior, His righteousness is imparted upon their spirit. Look at it like a bank account, our bank account is void, absent of funds, Jesus comes in at the point of acceptance, and fills our account with His righteousness, and this is what allows us to be called Sons and Daughters of God.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 1st, 2011, 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2