View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Damn treehuggers 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Damn treehuggers
It's within our nature to label and force views on others so that we can better support our own flawed logic. If you stand up for something or someone, you are biased and believe everything they do. No one can take the issues as face value, we always meander to a us vs them mentality because it gives us purpose and meaning. No longer is "doing what is right" or "seeking the truth" the real intent or virtues, it is pushing our own agendas and damaging anything that gets in our ways.

Labels help us do that, artificially creating two sides helps us do that. I can't shake the global warming crap just because I believe the stuff coming out of the tailpipe shouldn't be directly connected to my lungs. Somehow you get linked to all or none. It's hypocritical because the only person allowed to do this is "ourselves." Everyone sees themselves as capable of doing it, but not someone else. Either you are all in or all out... accept "me," I can be my own man, but everyone else... you are lost. "You don't really mean what you say, you mean this!"

July 13th, 2011, 10:02 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

But, but, but........treehuggers are the root of all evil in the world today. Get with the program steensn and Wags. :lol:

Seriously though, if politicans didn't believe that they knew better than everyone else, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's time for them to get the hell out of our daily lives.

July 13th, 2011, 10:17 am
RIP Killer

If you agreed with the laws they made you wouldn't make such broad statements you don't actually believe ;) Such as your neighbors ability to turn their house into a landfill piled 10 feet high up to the very edge of the property line.

The founding fathers weren't against gov't, they were FOR local gov't. This is the perfect example of a local community setting a standard for their community. We can all disagree and think it is stupid... but maybe the local community as a whole like the law?

July 13th, 2011, 10:22 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I agree that the local community has the right to set their own standards. That's why I'll never live somewhere dominated by libtards. They can keep their big government intrusions, while I'll take freedom.

July 13th, 2011, 10:40 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I think the point is, the community can take action against people who are out of control and cause property value to decrease. You don't have to create a law everytime you don't like something though. That's the very definition of marxism. Somethings are better dealt with through social pressure than legal process.

July 13th, 2011, 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2