View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 6:42 pm



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The most interesting Republican you've never heard of....... 
Author Message
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: February 27th, 2006, 5:31 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
O'Reilly made the point that amongst Caucasians you had a much higher personal responsibility in terms of education, than their counterparts. Education means success, or at least the path to it.


Didn't see the clip, but this sounds really ignorant/racist.

There are plenty of poor white people that don't value education. It has nothing to do with their race.

Quote:
BLue you made a comment about how Palin doesn't seem to understand why she believes or says the things she does, but by comparison, we have a President sitting in office who DOESN'T appear to understand why American's DON'T WANT HIS SOCIALIST Agenda, and if the truth ever gets broadcast by the media, his request to the American Public would probably amaze him.


This topic wasn't about Obama. But you deflected it to another one of your little rants. Which you do all the time and which is really annoying.

Yes, Obama sucks. There's a whole topic about it. Go post this there.

Blueskies: The Voice of Reason.

_________________
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks


July 27th, 2011, 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Easy big boy, let's not blow a vein because of your disdain....

suddenly, I'M the one on RANTS, and I'm the one on deflecting topics.

I made a statement, concerning the comment made by Alan Combs, and the numbers would probably favor the "caucasians" in personal educational responsibility, despite of YOUR PC interpretations.

As for the other "RANT" I can only answer your disdain with this comment I believe is from Winston Churchill, " If I respected the man, then his opinion would matter!"

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 27th, 2011, 11:34 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
sorry mineral you mispelled the word, it's (T)reason

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 27th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: February 27th, 2006, 5:31 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
WarEr4Christ wrote:
sorry mineral you mispelled the word, it's (T)reason

and that would be clever if it actually made sense.

_________________
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks


July 27th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2627
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
I don't have the time now, DevilDoc, but I can make a laundry list of topics where you deflect to a completely different subject. I'd estimate that roughly 20-30% of your posts are of this variety.

Usually it goes like, "Well X topic is Y. But you know, Jesus..../Those Damn Liberals..."

I don't really wanna be an overt douche about it, but the simple fact is your posts of that variety are incredibly annoying and add nothing to the discussion at hand. Posts of this kind are fine every once in a while, but I'm going to call you out on it because you do it all the time.

Yes, most of the posters on this forum dislike Obama. There's a 20 page topic about it. This is a topic about Republican contenders, primarily Gary Johnson. If you don't want to comment about that, don't post in the topic. Simple, really.

Quote:
I made a statement, concerning the comment made by Alan Combs, and the numbers would probably favor the "caucasians" in personal educational responsibility, despite of YOUR PC interpretations.


Yes, the numbers would favor Caucasians. Anyone who argues against this isn't PC, they're an idiot.

But it isn't because they are Caucasian. That fact is completely irrelevant.

It's because the poverty rate as a percentage of the race is much larger in the black population than in the white. Impoverished families tend not to favor education, while the rich do.

The blacks were legally forced into poverty by racist Jim Crow laws and latent societal racism until basically the 1970s. They've only had a fair chance for about 40 years. Give a few more decades and the percentages will even out.

If you know your American history, you'll know that this trend has repeated itself over and over--Italian and Irish immigrants, for example, were primarily poor and uneducated when they immigrated into this country--in fact they weren't even considered to be white.

But over a few decades, more and more of them became educated, and society's perception of them changed.


July 28th, 2011, 12:13 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Blueskies wrote:
Have you met Mrs. Palin? Talked to her for a few minutes? Met her family/close friends even? How about GWB? Obama? Al Gore, Ron Paul, Gingrich, etc?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

I've never met Sarah, but I have spoken to some people who know her. As for the others, I did shake George H.W. Bush's hand at a military base 20 some years ago. Does that count? :lol:

Blueskies wrote:
The fact is we have to form our opinions of these people through the media. That's really the only exposure we get to them. Sure, you can research what they've done outside of their appearances, but you still don't really know who they are.

It's obvious to me that you've accepted the media reports and haven't done any research of your own on Sarah Palin. I've seen nearly every one of her speeches over the past two years and am in contact with SarahPAC, Conservatives4Palin, and a few other sites. I've looked at her record in Alaska and can honestly say that she's the only nationwide politician that I trust.

Blueskies wrote:
Look, I like most of Palin's positions. She says the right things, generally speaking. The problem is she doesn't appear to understand why. In short, she's the living embodiment of what I hate most about the current trend with the right-wing. That is: the death of the right-wing intellectual.

I'll readily admit that she was unprepared for the Vice-Presidential campaign in 2008, but you and the media won't let that go. Have you watched her speeches or interviews since then? She has come a long way in terms of her grasp of national policy, but her principles remain the same. And what exactly is an intellectual? Someone who graduated from Harvard, Yale, or Columbia? Our last several Presidents have done that and look where that's gotten us. Personally, I believe it's time for common sense solutions instead of the "We know better than you" mandates from the intellecuals. Besides, what determines who is an intellectual and who is not?

Blueskies wrote:
Not everyone with a PhD is a Marxist. There are living, breathing right-wing intellectuals. People who are just as educated/more educated than Obama. People who could debate him with vocabulary above that of the average 8th grader. I'm not alone in this: Marget Thatcher (the paragon of intelligent, right-wing women) refused to meet her. Palin is a clown.

The thing about Thatcher was a lie from a libtard British writer. One of her spokespeople confirmed that it was false. The Iron Lady is simply too ill and was even unable to attend the unveiling of the Reagan statue in London on July 4th. Once again, you're listening to the media bullshit about Palin.

Blueskies wrote:
But, the GOP doesn't champion these people. Doesn't welcome them into leadership positions. Its almost as if you have to be slightly a hill billy to be a popular Republican politician. It's crap.


yippie ki-yay motherf*cker! :D

Blueskies wrote:
Bachman is much superior to Palin in everyway. They're basically the same, and I don't mean that in a sexist way. They essientally have the exact same political stances on every issue. Except Bachman is better because she has an IQ thats about 30 points higher than Palins.

I like Michele too, but I wouldn't say her IQ is 30 points higher than Palin's. Bachmann has actually made more public speaking errors than Palin has, so if that's your criteria for determing this sort of thing, you would be wrong. Look it up.

Blueskies wrote:
Also, West is a joke. The guy's basically a bigot and he's racking up the baggage. He would hamstrung any Republican ticket. I don't think you were completely serious, but a Palin/West ticket against Obama would be the biggest landslide (for Obama) in American history.

How is West a bigot? Because he speaks out about Muslim desires for sharia law and a caliphate? Well, those are valid concerns and ought to be an issue. Furthermore, the libtards like to call anyone who opposes Obama a racist and they wouldn't be able to do that if West was on the ticket. Besides, he has the same "I don't care what the media thinks" attitude that Palin does. NO more playing nice with the libtard socialist Obama propoganda machine lamestream media. That's how you lose. Take it to them via the new media, the internet.

Last but not least, it's impossible for Obama to win in a landslide against anyone. There isn't a single state that voted for McCain that would re-elect Obama. More importantly, dipshit has lost independents, whites, young voters, older voters, and jews at a substantial rate. To further complicate his problem, the far left isn't as enthused to re-elect him as the right is to kick him out of office. Add it all together and there will be no landslide.

_________________
Image


July 28th, 2011, 1:36 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Blue, you must have majored in math at that big, stuffy university huh? 20 to 30% now equals all the time?

You are correct that my faith does permeate my perspective, and it does influence how I choose to act, even in these threads; the fact that this annoys you or Mineral really doesn't bother me. You've both stated your abhorance to anything to do with God. No worries, I don't plan on beating you with a Bible. In days go by I have interjected Scriptural reference into the discussion because IT PERTAINED to the subject. The thread or threads that you may have recently seen, and which you had an adverse reaction to, were created by me, and I CLEARLY stated that I was intending on listening to the perspectives of those who responded, in order to get a better understanding in how I could approach a dear friend of mine, who has a similar stance to you, Pablo and Sly. Nothing overt there, maybe annoying because I was clear in my intentions. Still the annoyance is your issue and not mine.

As for my interjection of Combs into this thread, I did not wish to create a whole new thread, and I thought that my response was in line with the discussion, maybe not so much with the topic, but with the response to someone who'd responded on the topic.

I don't know if you an I have personally butt heads on this topic (libertarians) but my understanding of the party, and it IS LIMITED, is that they "preach" freedom, complete and total. However, what is glaringly wrong with that platform, is that there is such a thing as TOO MUCH FREEDOM. It's called Anarchy! If we are all free to do as we please, then what is the basis of control for the whole? Because if I'm free to interpret the law as I see it, (relative truth) then I could do whatever I choose to do and not be held guilty. Now if common decency is your "code" then who is it that translates decency?

Since I've already put it out there that my understanding of the Libertarian party is limited, and this is a topic about a Libertarian in Repub. clothing, let me go ahead and call myself ignorant, because I'm pretty sure that is at least one word you'll wish to use. Oh and by the way, have a BLESSED day!

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 28th, 2011, 7:54 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2627
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Quote:
The thing about Thatcher was a lie from a libtard British writer. One of her spokespeople confirmed that it was false


Wasn't aware of that, my bad.

Quote:
Bachmann has actually made more public speaking errors than Palin has, so if that's your criteria for determing this sort of thing, you would be wrong. Look it up.


Not talking about accidental statements. Bachmann is actually well-read, a successful attorney, etc.

Palin is a beauty queen that was a mayor of a Podunk city.

Quote:
I'll readily admit that she was unprepared for the Vice-Presidential campaign in 2008,


I don't care if you decide to learn about global politics in your 40s.

If you had to learn about them when you were in your 40s, that tells me your kind of person that shouldn't be the President.

To answer the question on defining an intellectual: college is not a requirement. Just someone that's well-read, knows what they are talking about, and when you listen to them you say "hey this person is pretty smart."

I don't want Larry the Cable Guy to be my President. I want a respected, intelligent, leader. I don't want someone I want to "have a beer with."

Take the phrase "lamestream media." If you want to criticize the media, offer a concise, properly worded, argument against the bias of the media. Don't coin corny phrases that sound like they belong on a Children's program.

As for West--he's anti-gay, anti-muslim, anti-immigrant. We can argue his specific statements, but that really isn't the point. He has too much baggage. He would get destroyed in an election. He'll never be anything more than a minor figure.


July 29th, 2011, 12:11 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
But I believe what is being overlooked with Palin, and others like her, is the fact that she speaks the language of the common person. So many politicians are millionaires or successful people who do not necessarily come from the blue/brown collar world. They may have started there, but don't exist therre. To run for office you need to have significant backing, weight, and fninancial pockets. You or I couldn't make that transition without a thick wallet. Palin represents that in speech, actions, and platform.

Her verbage resonates with the common folk, and especially with the evangelicals (those dastardly people) and the "elitists" destroyed her via the media, openly making fun of mistakes and discrediting her ability to lead by mispoken thoughts or sentences. In contrast, our current leadership is quite educated, and very careful about what he says, but leads by committee or polls.

So to that point, I think Mr. and Mrs. America are wanting true representation from someone that speaks their language, hard work, ethics, morals, and integrity. But the media who is wholely in the pockets of the Liberals, will not allow that to happen, and they'll go to any extent to keep the power.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


July 29th, 2011, 7:14 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
Yesterday, I received an 8 X 10 autographed picture of my goddess in the mail from SarahPAC. Of course, they were asking me for more money, but that doesn't matter. I NOW have it framed and hanging on my bedroom wall, so I can worship her daily. Don't worry. It isn't sticky..........yet. :D

_________________
Image


July 31st, 2011, 9:12 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2627
Post Re: The most interesting Republican you've never heard of...
We all have our vices.

Some are just worse than others.


July 31st, 2011, 11:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.