View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Apple has more $ than our Government 
RIP Killer

Post Apple has more $ than our Government
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 2011-7.DTL

Quote:
Here's something to keep in mind as you follow this evening's congressional debate over the debt ceiling.

According to the latest daily statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion in at the end of the day yesterday.

Apple's last earnings report (PDF here) showed that the company had $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June.

In other words, the world's largest tech company has more cash than the world's largest sovereign government.

That's because Apple collects more money than it spends, while the U.S. government does not.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-ha ... z1TV9eRsSj

July 29th, 2011, 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Apple has more $ than our Government
Pablo wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/28/businessinsider-apple-has-more-cash-on-hand-than-the-us-government-2011-7.DTL

Quote:
Here's something to keep in mind as you follow this evening's congressional debate over the debt ceiling.

According to the latest daily statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion in at the end of the day yesterday.

Apple's last earnings report (PDF here) showed that the company had $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June.

In other words, the world's largest tech company has more cash than the world's largest sovereign government.

That's because Apple collects more money than it spends, while the U.S. government does not.

So, does this mean we should see about getting Steve Jobs as our next President? :shock:

July 29th, 2011, 9:54 am
TheRealWags wrote:
Pablo wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/28/businessinsider-apple-has-more-cash-on-hand-than-the-us-government-2011-7.DTL

Quote:

So, does this mean we should see about getting Steve Jobs as our next President? :shock:

I doubt he'd take the pay-cut.

August 1st, 2011, 1:42 pm
RIP Killer

Would you?

August 1st, 2011, 10:30 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Actually Steve Jobs makes a salary of $1. Granted he has millions of shares of Apple stock and certainly doesn't hurt for money. But technically he'd make more money per year as President.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 2nd, 2011, 10:43 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Actually Steve Jobs makes a salary of $1. Granted he has millions of shares of Apple stock and certainly doesn't hurt for money. But technically he'd make more money per year as President.

I think he still gets stock distributions every year tied to his employment though, which, as you mention, far outweigh the salary of the POTUS.

August 3rd, 2011, 1:10 pm
Varsity Captain

I'd vote for him.. He took a dying company and turned it into a tech monster - wonder what he could do with a dying country.

Edit: I don't wonder - we know exactly what he'd do.

Last edited by anon749244 on August 8th, 2011, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 8th, 2011, 12:02 pm
RIP Killer

He had to fail a few times to figure it out though...

August 8th, 2011, 12:05 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
He had to fail a few times to figure it out though...

Most do :wink:

August 8th, 2011, 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]