View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next
 Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity. 
QB Coach

Post Re: Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity.
As I re-read this, I was reminded of another point.

Due to the break in the relationship our purity was compromised. Much like the purity of the relationship with your wife is now compromised because another man has shared your wife. BUT! Through repentence and apologies the purity can be re-established. The relationship can grow strong and loving, as long as both parties are committed.

I've heard it best described this way. When Adam and Eve fell, their righteousness was gone, their bank account empty. Ever since, the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, have been trying to be good enough to be pure again. But we can not be! So God said, you can't do it, but I can do it for you, and so when Jesus chose to come and become one of us, then give His life for us all, His shedding of blood becomes the filter by which God sees us.

It's like wearing the read glasses to see the blue words on a red field. The red filters out the red, and the blue shines through. That is what the blood of Jesus does for us, it covers our sin and so when God see's us, He see's the righteousness of His son in us, and we are accepted. In essence we are the adopted sons and daughters of God, for lack of a better way of saying it.

But you need to accept the offer from Jesus, it's a free gift. You can't pay for it, because then it no longer remains a gift, you've earned it on your own accord.

I hope that makes sense and answers your question!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 18th, 2011, 9:35 am
QB Coach

UK: I got a chance to hear the message again, that stimulated my thoughts on the two previous messages.

I'm not sure if UK stands for University of Kentucky, or United Kingdom, but just in case you happen to be a cousin from across the big drink, let me share two links with you.

1. http://www.twft.com/ This is the website of the Pastor and his radio ministry. Look for today's date 10/18/11 and you can click listen. As of right now they are 4 days behind so it only shows the 10/14. When 10/18 comes up PLEASE listen to it, because I believe it does a better job discussing it than I did. The discussion is about 20 minutes to a half hour long.

2. This other link is where you can listen to him in your area via Sky digital. There is a lot of information that is beautifully delivered without being a long liturgy of rituals and responsive readings. I think you may enjoy it.

Calvary Radio
UK/Europe
Sky Digital
6:30 am M-F
1:00 pm M-F
8:00 pm Sun

Again, if you should have any questions please pm me.

Pablo, you've been quiet, are you still following?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 18th, 2011, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
UK: I got a chance to hear the message again, that stimulated my thoughts on the two previous messages.

I'm not sure if UK stands for University of Kentucky, or United Kingdom, but just in case you happen to be a cousin from across the big drink, let me share two links with you.

1. http://www.twft.com/ This is the website of the Pastor and his radio ministry. Look for today's date 10/18/11 and you can click listen. As of right now they are 4 days behind so it only shows the 10/14. When 10/18 comes up PLEASE listen to it, because I believe it does a better job discussing it than I did. The discussion is about 20 minutes to a half hour long.

2. This other link is where you can listen to him in your area via Sky digital. There is a lot of information that is beautifully delivered without being a long liturgy of rituals and responsive readings. I think you may enjoy it.

Calvary Radio
UK/Europe
Sky Digital
6:30 am M-F
1:00 pm M-F
8:00 pm Sun

Again, if you should have any questions please pm me.

Pablo, you've been quiet, are you still following?

Of course. And UK is United Kingdom my friend.

As for my fellow Brits question, just one of many that can't be answered to any satisfaction. So lets go back and recap.

1) The only way to heaven is thru Jesus.
2) For those who have never heard of Jesus (including native Americans up until at least 1492), too bad you are condemned to an eternity in hell.
3) This LOVING God put you knowingly into a life where you would never hear about his son.

Just one of MILLIONS of examples while I refuse to WORSHIP the Biblical God of whom "LOVING" is one of the last words I would use to describe him. Based on the rules he has set into place for both life on Earth and for entrance into Heaven he isn't loving, just or fair. He obviously doesn't love you nor want a relationship with you, his ego simply needs to be feed by unwavering one-way devotion - that is the ONLY way to be rewarded.

October 18th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

then my recommendation is for both of you is to do me the honor of listening to a seasoned man of God, who has far more experience than I as he explains the answer to both of your questions. It was spot on, and speaks exactly to what you've said about the peoples of unknown lands and times, and I find it interesting that it happened to come on a day when the discusion was going on between us. Co inky dink? I don't think so....

October 18th, 2011, 4:47 pm
QB Coach

Pablo and UK, I sent you a PM with the link to the library that has the message that I believe discusses the answer to your question.

http://twft.com/?page=Radio.Main

look up 10/18 don't let the title dissuade you, he discusses the question you have about those who've gone before, and I think it's a pretty compelling discussion.

Be blessed fellas, I'm still praying for you!

October 27th, 2011, 8:36 am
QB Coach

Here's are some questions for evolutionists:

Science has discovered that the human body is made up of the same 17 basic elements as that of dirt, how can that be if we "evolved" from a one cell organism?

Where are the evidences of the transitionary fossils (fossil records of those transitionary species between point a and z) to support the evolution theory?

November 1st, 2011, 9:12 am
QB Coach

Uk did I chase you away with the research? You haven't responded to either PM, nor the replies above, is everything cool?

November 1st, 2011, 9:13 am
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Here's are some questions for evolutionists:

Science has discovered that the human body is made up of the same 17 basic elements as that of dirt, how can that be if we "evolved" from a one cell organism?

Where are the evidences of the transitionary fossils (fossil records of those transitionary species between point a and z) to support the evolution theory?

Let's run both of these through a "common sense" filter shall we...

1) We did evolve, from a single cell organism to more complex meaning we needed more elements. The fact that we have the same 17 basic elements as dirt SEEMS to support the "theory" that we evolved from the same stuff the Earth is made of, not that we are some "special" species created in God's image now doesn't it?

2) There are TONS of transitionary species int the fossil record. Is every single species accounted for? Of course not. Some periods were much more condusive to creating fossils than others and it makes sense that we have many more fossil records from some time periods than others.

On the flip-side, if God created all the animals outright why would ANY fossil record exist supporting evolution? Also, there is ZERO record that the Earth was created a mere 5,000 - 10,000 years ago as suggested in the Bible.

The lack of some fossil records (which may still yet be discovered) in no way supports the Creationism theory.

And since we are looking at YouTube videos denouncing evolution, I'm sure WarEr4Christ is interested in some equal opportunity time debunking Creationism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJX68ELbAY

November 1st, 2011, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo,

I watched your video but somewhere around the first minute he started to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher, " Wah, wah, wah, wah."

I'm not trying to discredit his personal belief or yours for that matter, but I just can not accept or make a final decision based upon SOMEONE ELSE's hypothesis. He can throw in all the right words, and add a few charts and make some claims about this and and that, but until I actually DO the research for myself and experience the "truths" for myself, I can NOT make an accurrate decision.

Now flip that over and apply it to what I've been saying all along and it still applies. I AM NOT ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO MAKE A DECISION ABOUT GOD, BASED UPON MY EXPERIENCE. What I have been offering is my personal experiences as an example, or tesitmony so that you might be encouraged to check it out for yourself.

The phrase that comes to mind is actually a story from the Bible. The Pharisee came to a man who'd been healed of his blindness by Jesus. The Pharisee went to his parents and tried to find out if his story was true or a lie. They then went back and questioned the man again, and his answer is priceless. "All that I know is that I WAS BLIND, but NOW I SEE."

He can't explain, why or how, he just knows that he sought the man Jesus, asked to receive sight, and now he could see. That has been my prayer for you and many more on this website. AGAIN, I don't want to shackle you to a religion, no rules, no orders, no traditions, I want to INTRODUCE YOU to a man, who healed me, so that I could see with the eyes of my heart. NOT MY HEAD, my HEART.

"Ask, Seek, Knock, ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened." I'm not a scholar, nor a wealthy man, I just happened to be a man who's life was changed dramatically from what I was to who I am now, because of personal interaction with a man/God named Jesus. That's all.

November 2nd, 2011, 10:28 am
RIP Killer

I find it funny how in this case you need to DO the research but in other cases...well I won't get into that.

As for your quote "All that I know is that I WAS BLIND, but NOW I SEE" - love it. I once had "blind" faith, but now I do see after doing all the research myself. So glad my eye's are open and I'm no longer blindly following fairy tales.

That is my experience, yours is completely the opposite. The man you want to introduce us to I once thought I knew, no matter what I asked him the answer was always the same - silence. Now I'd like to INTRODUCE YOU to a man that can not only heal your heart, but also your head - you stare at him every time you look in the mirror. In my experience, all the answers lie there, not in some mystical being in the clouds.

For example, when my wife and I tried to start a family we had trouble concieving. Being the devot Christian she was there was a lot of prayer in the early days. After years passed with nothing but silence we approached the church about our options - they gave us none. They then went on to tell us that it is a sin to use any fertility techniques (and said very nasty things about any children born via these routes). As you might imagine, my wife was crushed and continued to prayer route for some time.

Eventually my wife came around and we turned to science since God obviously wasn't the answer. So after years of trying to start a family science, in one shot, did what prayer/God/Jesus couldn't. I can't imagine my life now without my two boys, gifts of science - not God. I have pictures of my boys from a single cell and watched the science of birth unfold (yes science, take a look at a young unborn child with its fish like features and a tail clearly showing plenty of signs of evolution along the way).

This is one of many personal experiences that have lead me to my way of thinking. You can waste your time with unanswered prayers (and yes I know you think you can find examples of answered prayers, but every single one of those is easily refuted), I'm going to look for the answers on my own in the real world.

November 2nd, 2011, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo:

Oh how my heart hurts to hear such a story!!! There are a couple of things that come from your story that illicit reactions from me.

1. I wonder if you both were open to the Will of God. It may not have been His will for you to have children, thus the slilence. I am only asking a question I don't perceive to know the answer.

2. I am absolutely ANGRY with churches that burden the body with FOOLISH rules, and regulations that do nothing more than bind our human hearts.

A dear friend of mine is a Vietnam vet who went to church with his family before shipping out. Upon leaving the church Pastor said, "Oh you're one of those baby killers huh?" The man never stepped foot in a church again! Not only that, but his wife and daughters were killed in a car accident while he was on secret missions in countries we weren't supposed to be in, and it was 6 weeks before he found out that happend. The military didn't bother to tell him.

I have more to say but I got to go, I'll catch up with you later.

November 2nd, 2011, 12:57 pm
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Pablo:

Oh how my heart hurts to hear such a story!!! There are a couple of things that come from your story that illicit reactions from me.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
1. I wonder if you both were open to the Will of God. It may not have been His will for you to have children, thus the slilence. I am only asking a question I don't perceive to know the answer.

If it was his Will then I think he would have made it to where my wife couldn't have children at all rather than just needing help. That said, if it is his Will to keep children away from parents like me and my wife who live for our kids and to give them to parents who act as their kids are worst things that ever happened to them then he is truly an Evil God to begin with and I want no part of him. To see how so many children are raised is distgusting, even more so again if that is his Will.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
2. I am absolutely ANGRY with churches that burden the body with FOOLISH rules, and regulations that do nothing more than bind our human hearts.

Me too.

WarEr4Christ wrote:
A dear friend of mine is a Vietnam vet who went to church with his family before shipping out. Upon leaving the church Pastor said, "Oh you're one of those baby killers huh?" The man never stepped foot in a church again! Not only that, but his wife and daughters were killed in a car accident while he was on secret missions in countries we weren't supposed to be in, and it was 6 weeks before he found out that happend. The military didn't bother to tell him.

Wow. Again, if this is God's Will I want nothing to do with him. I know believers somehow have the ability to separate the good from the bad and only associate the good with God but if he does exist he is responsible for both. Think natural disasters, God is responsible for all those that are saved but doesn't seemed to get blamed for all the innocent children who die.

I can see why your dear friends experience lead him away from the church, just like yours lead you too it.

November 2nd, 2011, 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo:

I can only speak from my experience so please take this with a grain of salt, and understand that I'm trying to paint a picture not tell you how this directly affects you.

At 27 I wanted to be married very badly. My one brother had been married for a while, and my other was getting married and it was killing me that I was the oldest and unmarried. Needless to say it was a pride issue but I couldn't see it. Anyway, I decided well if God isn't going to bring me a wife, I'm going to find one, and I did find a "girlfriend." She happened to be married (I didn't know it at first) and had two kids, and it wound up being the worst 3 years of my life. The picture here is that I had put being married as an IDOL in my life. It meant more to me than my relationship with God. So of course He isn't going to grant that, "thou shalt not have any other gods before me." and all that.

I don't know you situation, or you personally, but is there a POSSIBILITY that this could have had the same kind of importance?

From what little I know of you and the few "conversations" we've had, I have no doubt that you and your wife live for your children. That's awesome, and I'm sure they appreciate it. I appreciate hearing it!

Another observation that I have is that you are projecting the injustice of man upon God.

It was the Marine Corps that decided not to notify my friend of his familial situation because 1. he was on a top secret mission 2. they were under STRICT radio silence 3. his platoon was in distress and trying to evade the enemy for that period of time, which led to the deaths of most of his platoon as well. There is a thing in the service no matter the branch that states "NEEDS OF THE (Insert branch here.)" You could be scheduled to be leaving the service, and if they decide they need you, they can keep you regardless of your plans.

One of the toughest lessons I've had to learn is that in spite of all that I've gone through, God is still good, He still loves all of humanity in spite of our disregard for him, and WILL work out good for those who love him. I have experienced the loss of a child in utero that I couldn't understand why this had happened until 8 mos. later when my wife's best friend had an ectopic pregnancy that almost cost her her life. They'd known each other since 2 years old, and by us going through our loss first, we were able to understand and minister to the family friends. Does it seem fair? Not really, but fair isn't the point, we were able to bless someone else because we'd walked the same road ahead of them, and that was the point. To listen, understand, and minister from experience.

In going back to your original point, "I find it funny how in this case you need to DO the research but in other cases...well I won't get into that." I was talking about the research in regards to the physical characteristics that he was speaking about. You can not research the Spiritual aspect of what I'm talking about with difinitive proof, and that where the difference lies.

I am so sorry that you and your wife experienced such a wretched experience at the hands of "Christians." In fact, I believe that is why many have become disenfranchised and walked away, because they've seen the hypocrisy of Christianity. But I can't bear the shame or guilt for them, I just do my best to represent my belief in God through Jesus Christ to everyone I meet, and who is interested in discussing it. By NO MEANS am I interested in putting you under the leash of a church that will hurt or burden you again.

November 2nd, 2011, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

Good post. I do have a question for you - do you blame God for the death of your dear friends family?

I know if one survived you would have credited him with a miracle, I'm just curious if you give him equal credit for tragedies as well.

November 2nd, 2011, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
Good post. I do have a question for you - do you blame God for the death of your dear friends family?

I know if one survived you would have credited him with a miracle, I'm just curious if you give him equal credit for tragedies as well.

This to me is a key distinction. So many people "give all the glory" for good things to God, but never assign him blame for any bad things. I don't get it.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 2nd, 2011, 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next