View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 AttackWatch 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post AttackWatch
I have been dying laughing for the past 24 hours or so:
Washington Post wrote:
Posted at 12:56 PM ET, 09/14/2011
Attack Watch, new Obama campaign site to ‘fight smears,’ becomes laughing stock of conservatives
By Elizabeth Flock

As the 2012 presidential campaign heats up, President Obama’s campaign team has set up a new Web site, AttackWatch.com, to challenge negative statements about the president made by Republican presidential candidates and conservatives.

Obama for America national field director Jeremy Bird told ABC News that the site’s goal is to offer “resources to fight back” against attacks. Mostly, that means fact checking statements from the likes of GOP presidential contenders Mitt Romney and Rick Perry and conservative commentator Glenn Beck and offering evidence to the contrary. The site is designed in bold red and black colors, and uses statements like “support the truth” and “fight the smears.”

The response to the site has been less than stellar.

On Twitter, where the Web site has an account to help Obama supporters submit evidence of “attacks” on the president using the hashtag #attackwatch, nearly every tweet about the site — mostly from conservatives — has ridiculed it.

“There's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob,” an Arizonan tweeted. “In less than 24 hours, Attack Watch has become the biggest campaign joke in modern history,” a contributor to conservative blog The Right Sphere wrote. The contributor linked to the following parody commercial for Attack Watch:

Tommy Christopher of Mediaite noted sarcastically of the site, “Great. Sounds like a terrific content-generating resource for right-wing bloggers, too. Everybody wins!”

While the initiative is reminiscent of a similar online effort launched during the 2008 campaign, called Fight the Smears, the intimidating design and language of the new site seems to be what’s causing a bigger ruckus.

Fight the Smears looked and felt far less scary, quoting Obama at the top of its page in a classic hope-change statement: “What you won’t hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge, and patriotism as a bludgeon — that sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize.”

Attack Watch, on the other hand, uses the shorter tag­line, “Get the Truth. Fight the Smears.”

It’s safe to say that in its 24 hours of existence, Attack Watch has already backfired, becoming a tool for conservatives to use against Obama 2012. A tweet by conservative author Brad Thor summed up the critics’s argument: “Wow, not only are Obama & Co. incredibly thin-skinned, they're paranoid.”

Link

Just search Twitter with "#AttackWatch" and select "All". They're coming in at over 1000 per hour and I can't stop laughing. Some of the best ones are:

Hey Kids, are mommy and daddy talking bad about Obama? Be sure to report them at #attackwatch #1984

I’m still using REAL LIGHT BULBS. Come get me!

Hey #attackwatch, I think Ted Nugent is using a Gibson guitar - you should go take it away from him.

Dear @AttackWatch : Weather maps on TV only show 50 states. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER SEVEN?

Dear #AttackWatch I’m still trying to understand why anyone wants to attack watches

Hey #attackwatch, I saw 6 ATM’s in an alley, killing a Job. It looked like a hate crime!

Dear #AttackWatch I’d like to report the Dos Equis guy. He’s claiming to be the most interesting man in the world. You told me Obama was!

#attackwatch somebody I know keeps calling POTUS dumb! Please release his college transcripts so I can prove him wrong!

When should I go to my hidden attic room #attackwatch and start writing my diary?

I actually sympathize with #AttackWatch. They remind me of the time I got my head wedged in a bowling ball return chute.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, ask who of your neighbors, friends and co-workers you can snitch on." #AttackWatch

I don't always report on my neighbors, but when I do, I use #AttackWatch

#attackwatch I just saw several people refuse to eat their peas. Do you have a SWAT team?

#attackwatch I was at the Waffle House and a Sr. citizen just referred to the President as Barrack Hussein Obama their License # is attached

Hey #AttackWatch how many times does a child have to turn in their parents to get the official Hitler youth knife?

My co-worker keeps making fun of Obama’s ears. Do I get to pick which reeducation camp you send him to?

The head of Obama’s Jobs council, Jeffrey Immelt, is sending lots of jobs to China. Please stop him @attackwatch

I’d like to report myself. I spend half the day complaining about Obama. can I bring my cat to the camps?

Do we need to report the 240...er, 242 GOP members of the House individually or as a group?

There is a man at 1600 penn. ave who took the $ my employer was going to spend giving me a raise.

My roommate used the restroom and did NOT put the toilet seat down. Please help

I just informed #attackwatch that I saw 8 folks on TV Monday night saying bad things about the President

Hey @BarackObama, someone has obviously hacked your Twitter account. Surely you’re not dumb enough to OK #AttackWatch. Oh wait... #Clueless

Does Obamacare cover Stitches for Snitches?

Dear #AttackWatch How many neighbors do I need to report to get my free t-shirt?

Dear #AttackWatch : I’m confused...do we report lies told ABOUT Obama or lies told BY Obama?

Dear #attackwatch What is the secret handshake? Will I receive food stamps based on the number of citizens I turn in?

when is the #attackwatch mobile app being released? I want to turn in people I hear at the mall.

I let my Mexican drug lord license expire. Can I still get a gun from the ATF?

September 15th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: AttackWatch
Yup, its been one big joke so far.

September 15th, 2011, 2:40 pm

My last one.... Dear @BarackObama The Lions are going to kill the Chiefs this Sunday. Send extra protection #attackwatch

You'd think after a few days it would get stale, but its just getting better each day.

September 15th, 2011, 7:51 pm

That was you? I saw that one. Sorry, but it wasn't as funny as some of the others I saw last evening and I read a couple thousand of them. My favorite was a guy asking if it was true that Obama was writing a new book entitled, "My Struggle". For those that don't know, the German translation of that is "Mein Kampf", which is the title of Hitler's book. Other good ones included a guy stating that his dogs created a couple of shovel ready jobs in the back yard, a woman who demanded that an 8 year old girl be sent to Gitmo for operating an illegal lemonade stand without an FDA license, and someone claiming that the AttackWatch batsignal wouldn't work at night since it was run by solar energy.

I'm sensing a change in the tide over LMAObama attacks over this. Instead of vilifying or demonizing him, we're just gonna ridicule and mock him. His Presidency is over due to his ineptitude. He won't be re-elected and can't get anything passed through Congress, so you might as well put a big red nose and clown shoes on him to signify his irrelevance. He no longer matters.

September 16th, 2011, 7:48 am
QB Coach

Sly: Well he does have the ears for it!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 16th, 2011, 9:07 am

What's truly funny is that the libtard media is accusing the Tea Party of being terrified of Obama's new Nazi-like "squeal on your neighbor" website. The fact is that we're laughing at it by mocking and ridiculing it without restraint. We no longer fear Obama because he is done, so we're just making fun of him to pass the time until January 20, 2013 gets here. :D

September 16th, 2011, 9:13 am

Yeah, mine definitely wasn't close to the funniest. The media is definitely confusing mocking with whining. They're translating jokes into fear for some reason.

I will openly admit that Obama's campaign was the best in 2008, and took advantage of social media and brought it to a new level. To make a gaff like this that has allowed the common man to mock the president in 140 words or less, just seems like a huge oversight or just overestimating themselves.

September 16th, 2011, 11:02 am

Even though I haven't received my brown shirt with the official "AttackWatch" swastika arm band yet, I've gladly reported myself, my Mom, my sisters, and several friends to the cause. Herman Cain even reported himself to AttackWatch last night, so I'm not alone.

How could anyone not support Obozo with slogans like these:

Attack Watch: An Obama jobs program to take the emphasis off the rest of his laughable jobs proposals.

Attack Watch: A new level of creepiness brought to you by Barack Obama and the Democrat Party.

Attack Watch: Because nothing is more American than snitching on your neighbors.

Attack Watch: Because the control freak in the White House isn't man enough to deal with criticism.

Attack Watch: Because ethics doesn't enter the picture when one is out to "fundamentally transform" America.

Attack Watch: Because intruding into the lives of US citizens is the modus operandi of the Obama Regime.

Attack Watch: If your job performance was as miserable as Obama's, you'd need a snitch machine, too.

Attack Watch: The most childish thing from The Obama White House since flag@whitehouse.gov.

Attack Watch: The latest childishly creepy initiative from Barack Obama. I can't hardly wait to see how he tops this.

Attack Watch: Because being tone deaf is only the beginning of the deficiencies in the Obama Regime.

Attack Watch: Because Dear Leader gets very cranky when people say mean things about him.

Attack Watch: Just when you think the sleaziness of the Obama Regime can't get any worse.

Attack Watch: Because even with Solyndra and LightSquared, Obama's Bad Idea quotient for the week hadn't been depleted.

Attack Watch: Because it's a lot easier to rule over people if they fear the government.

Attack Watch: Because if the facts were left to stand on their own, Obama would be laughed out of office.

Attack Watch: Because the American people don't find Barack Obama's policies creepy enough already.

Attack Watch: Because being only slightly worse than Jimmy Carter isn't enough.

Attack Watch: Because Obama prefers spinning his record to actually improving it.

Attack Watch: Because even New Yorkers are electing Republicans.

Attack Watch: Because it isn't immediately obvious why Fast & Furious was such a good idea

Attack Watch: Because American culture thrives on an environment of snitching and spying.

Attack Watch: Because cherry-picking facts can make even Obama look good.

Attack Watch: Because labeling everything "unprecedented" or "unexpected" only goes so far.

Attack Watch: Because I'mGonnaGoTellPresidentObamaWhatYouSaid.com takes too long to type.

September 18th, 2011, 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]